Football Recruiting News

Guest mffl

Also new prospects for your thread on katfans for you TT.

Spring (Texas) Westfield High School had a trio of receivers in 2008, who have all been offered by Division I programs. That is another sign that the days of grind-it-out, run-oriented football in the Lone Star State is being phased out.

Adam Watson is headed to New Mexico.

Inside receiver Adam Watson caught 41 passes for 772 yards in 2008 and was an all-district selection again. The 5-foot-10 Watson had offers from Portland State, Sam Houston, Lamar and the University of New Mexico. He committed to New Mexico Wednesday afternoon.

Teammate Barry Ford was sidelined for much of the season with a high ankle sprain, but still holds offers from schools like Western Michigan and Lamar.

"It was cold up on the visit to Western Michigan but I think I'm going to end up there," he said. "I liked the coaches and enjoyed seeing them play in the Texas Bowl in Houston against Rice. I should make it official in the next few days."

The Mustangs' leading receiver was 6-foot-3 Ja-Mes Logan, who caught 45 balls for 793 yards and 11 touchdowns. Logan has narrowed his choices to Oklahoma State, Ole Miss and Missouri.

"Oklahoma State just offered today as their only receiver in this class," he said. "That is pretty cool. I'm going to take a visit there on January 16th before making any sort of decision."

Other news and notes… Cy Woods linebacker Hayden Dobbs has been offered by McNeese State. Air Force is still recruiting Cy Woods' Patrick West, while Lucas Devilliers is patiently waiting on something. Running back Chris Walker will be attending Tyler Community College. Jeremy Williams of Cypress Creek has been offered by Blinn Junior College and Nimitz athlete Zerick Rollins holds offers from Murray State and New Mexico while Wyoming is nearing. Nimitz receivers Kelvin Chatham will be placed at either Blinn or Navarro Community College while LaMarquis King is visiting Eastern New Mexico and Central Arkansas. The Woodlands has several prospects still being recruited including defensive back Logan Rowe, who is visiting Dartmouth and the Colorado School of Mines. Ryan Eastman is a 6-foot-3 quarterback, who will decide between Lamar, Abilene Christian, Hofstra and New Mexico State, while receiver Alex Tweedy is considering Wyoming, Hawaii and North Texas. Highlander defensive tackle Loren Baker has been offered by Army and could commit during his visit this weekend.

I couldn't help but notice one of the schools that the defensive back from The Woodlands is considering, "The Colorado School of Mines".  ???

Very good school and very $$$$.

One of the top Engineering schools in the nation. In the Denver Area. They must be DII??

i betting that sfa,mcneese and a few other schools are hating that lamar is back in the game.were soaking up a lot of players with that lu gravy that normally would be going to other schools.ive also heard some kids leaving other slc schools to come back to lamar.

Guest coachacola
Woodard is one of several Southland Conference-level coaches who is showing interest in Hanna, the 6-1, 218-pound Offensive MVP of the annual coaches' 20-4A all-district squad. Here's Hanna's problem though. He's played everywhere. He legitimately would have been regarded as a pre-season favorite for the Smith defensive award after he delivered a strong junior campaign on Lumberton's defensive line.

"Texas State is looking at me at fullback and I would like to go there," he said. "Lamar comes and visits every week but they have no clue where to put me."

McNeese State looked on the verge of offering Hanna a scholarship but the Cowboys preferred another player instead.

Beaumont Central head coach Donald Stowers indicated his standout safety Branden Thomas (5-10, 180) has decided to join the bulging number of Lamar University football pledges along with Lumberton defensive tackle Mark Murrill. The Cardinals were said to be heavily interested in the services of Port Arthur News Super Team center Markell McCartney. Meanwhile, Tulane University has landed pledges from West Brook wide receiver Jordan Garrett and Lumberton offensive tackle Hunter Howden.

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_008214506.html?keyword=topstory

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't help but notice one of the schools that the defensive back from The Woodlands is considering, "The Colorado School of Mines".  ???

yeah i had never heard of it either...untill my cousin went there last year....supposedly very $$$ and also the best engineering schools in the U.S. ...dunno how well the smart kids play football though?

Had to go back and re-read that one. I thought he was interested in the Colorado school of mimes!! Hahahaha  ;D

"You know a mime is a terrible thing to waste."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01