Umpires Needed

MrUmp1

We are in need of umpires for the upcoming 2009 high school season. We will meet every Wednesday at 7pm at the American Legion Hall on Park St. just south of the couthouse in Beaumont. Please PM me if you have any questions or email me at [email protected]. We have training classes each week. Plenty of games to work.

Can I bring my seeing-eye-dog with me? ;D

I would love to but I have plans on Tuesday and Friday nights!

Looking at your info there Cheater, looks like SOFT ball is more your style and we are Looking for some people that love HARD ball    ;). Couldn't you see it at the plate conference. Hi coaches my name is #1 Cheater . Now that would perk some ears  ;D. I was thinking maybe we should use our screen names at the plate conference. Hi I am MrUmp1, first coach says, Hi I am Green&GoldBold, Second coach says , Hi I am PurpleLacedPanties...  :D  never know who is hiding behind what screen name. Now thats funny no matter who you are !!!!!!  :o

Mr. Ump1, gotta a question for ya.  Here in the Tyler chapter we are talking about getting away from traditional Navy and going with the black.  What about you guys?  Also need a new jacket any brands that are warmer then the other, and I still cant decide wether to get the navy or the black.

Black was approved last year and many of us wore it. Navy is the main color but there are a number of colors or schemes approved. One of my favorites is light blue with the black coller. As a chapter we do not care what a crew wears as long as they all match. As far as jackets, I don't really think any brand is warmer than another. If you are always cold what you need to do is wear more layers underneath. You could wear a thermal shirt under another long sleeve under your coat. I have a mock turtelneck dark blue long sleeve that I wear under my coat and also have a White one to wear under the Balck jacket also.

Mr. Ump1, gotta a question for ya.  Here in the Tyler chapter we are talking about getting away from traditional Navy and going with the black.  What about you guys?  Also need a new jacket any brands that are warmer then the other, and I still cant decide wether to get the navy or the black.

Black was approved last year and many of us wore it. Navy is the main color but there are a number of colors or schemes approved. One of my favorites is light blue with the black coller. As a chapter we do not care what a crew wears as long as they all match. As far as jackets, I don't really think any brand is warmer than another. If you are always cold what you need to do is wear more layers underneath. You could wear a thermal shirt under another long sleeve under your coat. I have a mock turtelneck dark blue long sleeve that I wear under my coat and also have a White one to wear under the Balck jacket also.

So you have both the navy and the black pullover?

So you have both the navy and the black pullover?

Yes I have both. The only thing I do not have is a Red Shirt.  I have 5 different color shirts, Navy, Lt Blue w/ red whire and blue trim, Lt Blue with balck coller and trim, Black, Cream. I have both jackets. For undershirts I have red, blue, black, white.

MrUMP, I have been umpiring for around 10 years...I did my first year at both School and Non-School games, and have done just non-school games ever since.  I want to continue doing non-school league and Ford Park tourney games, but seeing how short you are on people I would like to help out with School games as well.  How much are dues now, and what all do I need to do to get involved with the Association again?  Feel free to let me know here or email me at [email protected].

Looks like pay is going to be a minimum of 45 per game plus mileage. Could be maybe a little more we are still working to make sure any agreement we have with the schools will follow the UIL guidelines. Mark the Red all you need to do is come to a meeting very soon. We meet on Wednesday Nights at 7 at the Americam Legion Hall on Park St. just a couple of blocks from the courthouse in downtown Beaumont. Dues for new members are 50 bucks to help get you started . If you PM me I will give you my cell number if you need to call me.

hey everyone my names Josh Rutherford

i am from Winnie

im 19 years old about to be twenty

i want to be an umpire but i have no clue who to contact to get the information so i can take the class so i can get my license! I am really really interested and i know since i have grown up in this area they are always looking for extra people to umpire games! i know the game very well since i have played every possible year including spring summer and fall ball leagues as well as a few select teams since i was 5 years old.

if anyone knows when and where i can go or who i can contact please email me at [email protected] or call me on my cell at 409 466 5013

it would be greatly appreciated!!! its going to be my new job while going to school at Lamar!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83