Kingwood Park, Dayton or BH (Or CE King!)?

BH has not faced Dayton or K Park yet this season (and very few common opponents), but both look to be better than expected to me.  (Records are approx)

Dayton 12-9

K Park  11-9

BH 15-6

KP and Dayton have faced some quality opponents, with KP defeating HJ, PAM, Huntsville.  Dayton defeated KP by a couple, had some tough losses to good teams and even beat 5A Stratford, who is solid.  I say BH has its work cut out for them.  Looking for thoughts on how this district race will end up!

Since we are playing King tonite and I didn't mention them in my predictions, I am now forecasting they will win it all (so that I don't jinx us).

Seriously, they do have some talent, but hoping they will not be able to put enough points up against BH's tough defense.

Well King looked good last night in beating us at our house...but we can get them.  Their coach has been coaching a long time (400 wins) and does a good job in keeping them under control which minimizes some of our defensive attack.  I was glad our players kept fighting after King jumped out to a good lead.

so respecting their win I have to go with....

King

BH

Dayton - Will be very tough and they will be fired up for our game

KP - Coach Gober is very good and will have them ready.

but if King wins it won't be as an undefeated champ again.  Very tough team but with their star post leaving to go to Atascosita it brought their overall level down and I'm expecting the top 4 teams to beat each other up a little and the champ (or co-champs) may come away with a couple of losses.

1) believe Kpark beat CE King at Taco Bell (Willis tournament) but not sure....maybe 3-5 point victory. Anyone know for sure?

KPark did beat King in the Taco Bell Tournament in Willis. If I am not mistaken it wasn't close, won by double digits.

1) believe Kpark beat CE King at Taco Bell (Willis tournament) but not sure....maybe 3-5 point victory. Anyone know for sure?

2) CE King's post moved to Atascocita? When? Is she the 6'5" talented-but-not-so-energetic soph for Atascocita?

Yep, the big girl moved to Atascocita who started pretty strong but really haven't played all that great recently, losing big to Central lately.  King is very athletic, it hurt them losing her, but not too much.

Hillguy,

Since you seem to be keeping up with 4A girls basketball in this area who do you think is the strongest right now? King? Central? Your Hill kids? Willis? Friendswood? Bay City? or HISD, Washington? Jones? wheatley? Most teams for region 3 are from houston or SE texas and then there is the Austin district, and it looks like Del Valle and Hays are playing well. Which team or teams do you think will be the favorites to represent region 3 in Austin?

I haven't seen Central play yet, but have been keeping up with their record and they have some quality wins.

Right now I guess the best bets for the Region III final four are Central, Willis, Del Valle, and Freindswood.

Not sure how the bracket will look and some of these teams may eliminate each other, so some longshots are CE King, Barbers Hill, Yates, Ozen, Livingston, Angleton.  Probably missed someone but off the top of my head thats my guess.

KP and BH are the Front runners KING is the wild card. they can beat everyone if they stay right. Dayton is the team that seems to be on a roller caster. They are small but quick. Not sure if they can beat BH king or repeat vs KP. They play an interesting style not many setshard to know their strengths.

Tonight will determine the front runner with king when KP and BH play..should be a good one

Hillguy,

Since you seem to be keeping up with 4A girls basketball in this area who do you think is the strongest right now? King? Central? Your Hill kids? Willis? Friendswood? Bay City? or HISD, Washington? Jones? wheatley? Most teams for region 3 are from houston or SE texas and then there is the Austin district, and it looks like Del Valle and Hays are playing well. Which team or teams do you think will be the favorites to represent region 3 in Austin?

Wheatly is horrible!

With CE King's (17pt!) loss to K-Park, BH is now in control of its own destiny.  If they win out, they take the District 19 crown outright.  One loss would put them in tie for the title at worst.  Not sure what happened to CEK, maybe grades or a key injury?  Hard to understand why they lost to K-Park so badly.

A little early for playoff scenarios, but, looking at the playoff brackets, winning district gives BH a much better chance of getting past the 2nd round.  The runner up position would likely have to play Willis in the second round...Willis is probably the strongest 4a team in the greater Houston area.

• 2 weeks later...

With CE King's (17pt!) loss to K-Park, BH is now in control of its own destiny.   If they win out, they take the District 19 crown outright.  One loss would put them in tie for the title at worst.  Not sure what happened to CEK, maybe grades or a key injury?  Hard to understand why they lost to K-Park so badly.

A little early for playoff scenarios, but, looking at the playoff brackets, winning district gives BH a much better chance of getting past the 2nd round.  The runner up position would likely have to play Willis in the second round...Willis is probably the strongest 4a team in the greater Houston area.

After KPark beating up on BH pretty badly at BH's home court, perhaps KPark may be peaking at right time?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• It’s actually 2, 3 or 4 cents a mile, not 30 cents. It’s still funny. You EV drivers have to pay your equivalent gasoline tax just as if you drove a gasoline powered vehicle.  The current proposal is to have an electronic device placed on your car to track mileage. Surely that can’t be GPS because that would surely violate the Fourth Amendment. The state would literally know every location that your vehicle ever traveled. The other proposed option would be to take a photograph of your odometer and send that in. I can see a new cottage industry in odometer resetting devices or a quick disconnect where you can turn it on or off at will. 
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: Legendary NFL coach and broadcaster John Madden put it succinctly with one famous quote: "If somebody said to God, ‘What should all the guards look like?' Then he would send Larry Allen down."
    • Unfortunately, his polling is down as of this past weekend. Polls are fickle, and there's plenty more time, but I am skeptical. Just like I really felt conviction was eminent even though the case should never been brought to trial.
    • Sorry. It was 700#, hence the question mark above.  
    • And certain witnesses not allowed, and many more favorable objections for the prosecution, and the gag order, and the not revealing the complete charges until closing arguments...
  • Topics