OF vs. Kelly Updates/Kelly Wins!

bobcat05 its ok, you need to start attending some games maybe you will be the sparky fan the team needs to help turn things around.

If it takes fans 'spark' this team what are we paying the coaches for?  And if you or anyone else feel so strongly about my presence being needed at these games, get the district or UIL or whoever to let the girls and guys play their games at the same place. I think they tried that one year a few years back.

This game made us better even it it is a loss...I'm sure the coaches..fans..saw things that need to be worked on and you see those kind of things when you are in a closer game rather than blowing out teams.

Aggie take your heart medication before you read what is below..

Orangefield is going to split with Silsbee  ;D

I'm here Bobcat05.  I don't mind them calling them out.  They need to step up.  Fans and coaches should not need to motivate these kids.  What are they playing for?  They are on the floor competing against a team that beat Ozen, and they can't come out and play hard.  I don't have any defense for that.  Coach needs to step up.  Ride a little.  Kids need to step up.  I know who the captains are on this team and they need to play and lead.  Quit bossing teammates around.  Wildcatter is right.  It is going to be a long district if they can't figure out what they are playing for.  Finally get to the meat of the schedule and they can't seem to play hard.  Sad.  Come the end of district.  Let's see if they are happy with the results.  By the way.  I could really care less if you came to a game.  Thanks for defending the Bobcats though.

Bballgod you got on just as bobcatpapa got off...

You don't mind them calling them out, but it was a problem when I said something? 

Are you the same person for all these names?  :D

You don't have to always agree with EVERYTHING Orangefield does to be a Bobcat...

And defending the Bobcats is what I do best, but I won't hold my tongue if I think something is wrong or could be done different JUST because it has to do with Orangefield.

How do we rebound? I know we shoot A LOT of 3's are our big guys rebounding? Someone said something about this team being more talented..last years team had Jeremy Granger he was huge down low.. We only have 3 seniors right?

bobcat05 its ok, you need to start attending some games maybe you will be the sparky fan the team needs to help turn things around.

If it takes fans 'spark' this team what are we paying the coaches for?  And if you or anyone else feel so strongly about my presence being needed at these games, get the district or UIL or whoever to let the girls and guys play their games at the same place. I think they tried that one year a few years back.

This game made us better even it it is a loss...I'm sure the coaches..fans..saw things that need to be worked on and you see those kind of things when you are in a closer game rather than blowing out teams.

Aggie take your heart medication before you read what is below..

Orangefield is going to split with Silsbee  ;D

I know you meant that in jest. ;)

BTW, I see where some of you keep referencing the fact that Kelly beat Ozen but fail to mention some of the games that Kelly lost. You can't be one-sided. Yes, they did beat Ozen(how they did that I'll never know) but more importantly they lost to two of Orangefield's district rivals, Silsbee and HJ. I think those results have more significance in relation to the Bobcats.

Guest bleed orange

"Aggie" you should not comment on something you know nothing about. See It is easy for you to say, Orangefield should not be happy with a 9 point loss. You are right we should not be but you are not in our shoes. Silsbee is tradition rich in basketball. We are not. We are trying to move in that direction but to be honest that will be hard to achieve for us. I think we can be competitive which is a start in the right direction and also new territory for us. Sometimes when you have suffered as many losing seasons as we have. You have to sometimes take a negative and turn it into a positive. Our boys have made strides over the last 5 years and I see that trend continuing. Aggie if you have suffered the samething with the Silsbee program then let me know and I will stand corrected. I also don't believe in mediocrities but you have to start somewhere.

Someone said something about someone being a leader(Orangefield). Leader are born not made. See, until they boys have the same mind set as the girls they will have problems. The girls may not like one another but they settle it in the locker room. They put a side their differences to achieve a goal and that is to "WIN". They have been winning for a while. Ego's are left outside the gym. The 2005 group (Boys) was the most unselfish group I have ever seen and that is why they "WON".

I believe we have the talent to compete, but we're not Mentally tough enough yet. Prime example...we play a solid Liberty Hill team tough in the EC tournament. why? we didn't know anything about them and we just went out and played. Of course coach Wrinkle knew about them and I'm sure they had some kind of scouting report on them, but the kids had never played them and some had probably never heard of them. Now take the HJ game for instance...we were down 20 points to them mentally before we ever took the court. That's HJ over there, we can't beat them. They might not have said that out loud, but they were thinking it. Hey we're not suppose to beat them...until they believe they can it will never happen. And it's not a cocky thing, it's a respect thing.

Guest bleed orange

I believe we have the talent to compete, but we're not Mentally tough enough yet. Prime example...we play a solid Liberty Hill team tough in the EC tournament. why? we didn't know anything about them and we just went out and played. Of course coach Wrinkle knew about them and I'm sure they had some kind of scouting report on them, but the kids had never played them and some had probably never heard of them. Now take the HJ game for instance...we were down 20 points to them mentally before we ever took the court. That's HJ over there, we can't beat them. They might not have said that out loud, but they were thinking it. Hey we're not suppose to beat them...until they believe they can it will never happen. And it's not a cocky thing, it's a respect thing.

I agree "Bobkat". Its is all about the "Mindset". The boys have talent and so do the girls. But the girls never step on the court thinking they will lose. The boys are getting there. The girls had a head start. Like 30 years or something.

orangefield shot the ball very poorly and just had nothing going on offense. they look lost sometimes. i think the way they play or the style i should say effects some of the players. they have very small guards who are slow and cant create their own shots. Hayes always seems frustrated with his teammates. hopefully theyll find something soon.

Bobcat05, they have 4 seniors (1 of whom quit and just came back).  1 of those is a captain and has been playing much better since the evadale tournament.  He has probably been the most consistent bobcat.  As a whole, the team has been playing very lazy.  They played one good game in the ec tournament against LH.  All the rest, they looked like they would rather be on Christmas break still.  I hope that some things get shook up soon or it will be too late.  Shake it up coach.

Bleed, I may not know everything about Orangefield basketball, but I know something about it, not nothing as you say I do. I not only keep up with Silsbee basketball but the area as well.

With that said, I'll always defer to someone who I know has more knowledge of a subject than me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont