23-AA What's Your Thoughts As The Real Season Starts?????

Okay folks,the pre season and tournaments are history and 23AA looks like a completely different animal this year.What is everyone thinking about the playoff chances of these clubs this year.I have had a chance to watch most of them so here's my take.

1. Anahuac-They were my preseason pick and they still look like the favorite to me.If Rivon and the big kid stay healty and eligible they could be in the regional tournament this year.

2. Kountze-They have really missed Walker.He hasn't looked like himself since hurting the knee this past summer.They will beat most teams in the district with their defensive pressure but I don't think they have the dominant scorer to get them back to Tyler this year.

3.Deweyville-The next 3 positions will be wide open with the Pirates,EC and Warren all being pretty close.Deweyville looks to be pretty balance with Caswell and Avilla scoring and Estes doing a pretty good job on the boards.

4. EC- They have 2 of the better post players in the district but I look for them toreally struggle against the better pressure defensive clubs like Anahuac and Kountze.

5. Warren-They could very easily get in to the 3rd  spot if they get a little better on the boards.They also need to give Andrews some help on the offensive end.Young has the ability to get by just about anyone on the dribble,he just needs to learn to finish.Good defensive club but a little small.

6. Buna-Finally gets out of the cellar this year and will win 3 or 4 district games.

7. Hardin-They really miss Davis.I never dreamed they would fall this far after losing Marsh and Nolan.

Okay TopDawg,SteelerCrazy and ECBUC fan what do yall think.

I like East Chambers chances of getting in the playoffs. I saw them early in the year and they were really struggling. After seeing them at their tournament a few days ago, they have improved and look to be getting better as the season progresses. Coach Andrews will have them ready for district play.

No disrepect to Buna but I don't think they are a contender.It will probably take a 7-5 record to get the third spot.They lost their opener to Warren and I dont see them beating Anahuac or Kountze,so they would probably have to sweep everyone else to get in.That's a long shot at best.They may sweep Hardin but will have tough time beating any of the other clubs on the road.A 4-8 record would be a good job by the Cougars.(I really like what I've seen out of their young coach).

Guest baseball25

Hardin has 3 sophmore starters and 2 fr that play alot. They lost 17ppg without hunter davis. And villemez isnt playing. So next yr they have everybody back. It takes toll when u lose 42ppg from last yr team. Hardin is very young.

Okay folks,the pre season and tournaments are history and 23AA looks like a completely different animal this year.What is everyone thinking about the playoff chances of these clubs this year.I have had a chance to watch most of them so here's my take.

1. Anahuac-They were my preseason pick and they still look like the favorite to me.If Rivon and the big kid stay healty and eligible they could be in the regional tournament this year.

2. Kountze-They have really missed Walker.He hasn't looked like himself since hurting the knee this past summer.They will beat most teams in the district with their defensive pressure but I don't think they have the dominant scorer to get them back to Tyler this year.

3.Deweyville-The next 3 positions will be wide open with the Pirates,EC and Warren all being pretty close.Deweyville looks to be pretty balance with Caswell and Avilla scoring and Estes doing a pretty good job on the boards.

4. EC- They have 2 of the better post players in the district but I look for them toreally struggle against the better pressure defensive clubs like Anahuac and Kountze.

5. Warren-They could very easily get in to the 3rd  spot if they get a little better on the boards.They also need to give Andrews some help on the offensive end.Young has the ability to get by just about anyone on the dribble,he just needs to learn to finish.Good defensive club but a little small.

6. Buna-Finally gets out of the cellar this year and will win 3 or 4 district games.

7. Hardin-They really miss Davis.I never dreamed they would fall this far after losing Marsh and Nolan.

Okay TopDawg,SteelerCrazy and ECBUC fan what do yall think.

Looks pretty good to me, I think Warren, EC and Deweyville will fight for the last playoff spot as stated above and the top 2-spots are pretty much set.

I'm going to Change my thoughts now that i have seen some more of the teams play my #1. and 2. are still the same

1. Kountze  - Will Start Rolling Soon.. Overall Great Team...

2. Anahuac --    Rivon And Boykins are Good. No Inside Presence will kill them

3. E.C.  --  2nd Best Inside game in the District Carrington and Raymond need to Dominate inside

4. Buna    -- Beat a Good Deweyville Team can they win on the road is the ?

5. Deweyville  -- Let one slip against Buna need to get on a roll... They are a very Scrappy team

6.Warren  -- Andrews and Young Need to be more Consistent Defense is pretty good.. No size will Kill them.

7. Hardin.  -- No Davis is enough Said.. Too Young but gave Warren a Run for their Money... Hang in there Coach  Scott.

I agree with topdawg.

Now there's a surprise. ;D ;D Just kidding I know you Kountze guys are going to stick together.Dawg,I know you have seen enough of the GREAT Kountze teams to know this one is good but are a long way from being great.I stll think Anahuac will win the the district in a playoff game at the Montagne.Kountze held serve last night just like I thought they would.Anahuac will win at home at set up a seeding game.The rest of this district is just plain crazy.I never dreamed D-Ville would get beat at Buna,fact is any of the remaining 5 teams could beat each other.I still don't see a threat in the district this year to New Waverly or Newton.

Did  you see the Kountze and New Waverly Game at the Big Sandy Tour.. Both teams are going to get better from than. but Kountze played them and should of beat them. We lost this game by 7 and missed about 15 Freethrows. I think NW missed maybe 5. Kountze can beat them but its going to take Roman Walker and Milton Williams Banging down low also the shooters David Zay and Jack need to have a big game.  Kountze Vs New Waverly could possibly happen before Regionals thats the crazy thing about it.

Buna is playing better, if they keep playing as a team and dont give up we still have a shot at getting in the playoffs, last night against Deweyville was a big game and they played really good still need to stop turning over the ball

Did  you see the Kountze and New Waverly Game at the Big Sandy Tour.. Both teams are going to get better from than. but Kountze played them and should of beat them. We lost this game by 7 and missed about 15 Freethrows. I think NW missed maybe 5. Kountze can beat them but its going to take Roman Walker and Milton Williams Banging down low also the shooters David Zay and Jack need to have a big game.  Kountze Vs New Waverly could possibly happen before Regionals thats the crazy thing about it.

no way kountze beat nw this year.mabye next year.

I gotta agree with CATMAN.New Waverly was barely out of football when they beat Kountze earlier this year.Kountze has always beat people with their press.This year they are pretty small and the athletic clubs (NW and Newton) won't turn the ball over against them.They aren't real strong in the half court game and I think they will meet up with NW before the regional tournament.No disrespect intended to Buna but if they make the playoffs the UIL needs to change the format.

I'm going to Change my thoughts now that i have seen some more of the teams play my #1. and 2. are still the same

1. Kountze   - Will Start Rolling Soon.. Overall Great Team...

2. Anahuac --    Rivon And Boykins are Good. No Inside Presence will kill them

3. E.C.  --   2nd Best Inside game in the District Carrington and Raymond need to Dominate inside

4. Buna    -- Beat a Good Deweyville Team can they win on the road is the ?

5. Deweyville  -- Let one slip against Buna need to get on a roll... They are a very Scrappy team

6.Warren   -- Andrews and Young Need to be more Consistent Defense is pretty good.. No size will Kill them.

7. Hardin.  -- No Davis is enough Said.. Too Young but gave Warren a Run for their Money... Hang in there Coach  Scott.

I am from Deweyville and support our team no matter what... however, they pretty much played terrible friday night against buna. Playoffs are definately not out of reach yet. Look for them to surprise you with each game... they aren't the most consistent team and we never really know how they are going to come out and play. Keep playing hard boys and lets have the shots fall tomorrow.

Everybody please atleast be honest with yourself...Kountze will win that district for 3 reasons.....

1. Dewayne Joubert

2. Dewayne Joubert

3. Dewayne Joubert

no disrepect to all the other coaches but he his one heck of a coach!

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys I started this thread back before district started.I am now taking my 401K and starting a book making service  ;) ;) ;) I still think DWack wins it at the montagne and D-ville slides in the 3rd spot.Buna has won the 3 or 4 I thought they would and Hardin is ready for it to be over.Just FYI Coach Joubert is a great Coach but Coach West sat right beside him for several years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83