Who is the next GREAT QB coming thru your system?

Guest Luv Ya Blue

Guest Brubaker

Carson Raines from Nederland has serious potential, especially in the spread.  Kid is fast and throws the ball really well.  He had a 4 TD passing game in middle school this year... you sometimes don't see 4 passes attempted in middle school, much less TD passes.  Kid has a lot of potential.

Carson Raines from Nederland has serious potential, especially in the spread.  Kid is fast and throws the ball really well.  He had a 4 TD passing game in middle school this year... you sometimes don't see 4 passes attempted in middle school, much less TD passes.  Kid has a lot of potential.

Dad was all state in Mississippi as a QB and baseball player. Good family hope he does well

Soulja... I dont see a great coming soon!

the freshman kristian smith kinda reminds me of vince young lol

I didn't know Kris played football...

Oh Yeah, he played...gotta get control of his emotions but he has plenty of talent...WB was pretty ticked when the RB and QB from Austin MS came to Central...They wanted them bad! 

And the good thing about BJ is, he's not afraid to pitch the ball on those option plays!  Which makes our offense that much more effective...Richard was a little timid after the Ned game after a few bad pitches...i guess that stuck w/ him the rest of the season!

Soulja... I dont see a great coming soon!

the freshman kristian smith kinda reminds me of vince young lol

I didn't know Kris played football...

Oh Yeah, he played...gotta get control of his emotions but he has plenty of talent...WB was pretty ticked when the RB and QB from Austin MS came to Central...They wanted them bad! 

And the good thing about BJ is, he's not afraid to pitch the ball on those option plays!  Which makes our offense that much more effective...Richard was a little timid after the Ned game after a few bad pitches...i guess that stuck w/ him the rest of the season!

I've seen the freshman runningback play vs. ozen and i didn't see him do anything while K-Smith was justa shakin the whole ozen defense

That kid is a real athlete, hated to see him leave Port Neches. I would expect big things from him. He is really impressive on the baseball field too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carig Stump's oldest son is a freshman this year and will probably be the starter in 2010. Could be a sign of good things to come at the Brook!

Jalen Malone was the better freshman QB.  He runs and passes very well. But you are right, I don't think Stump would start any kid over his son.

Carig Stump's oldest son is a freshman this year and will probably be the starter in 2010. Could be a sign of good things to come at the Brook!

Jalen Malone was the better freshman QB.  He runs and passes very well. But you are right, I don't think Stump would start any kid over his son.

I think you underestimate Stump.  I think he will have the best player on the field(that's a subjective thing and you or I may disagree with him), but I don't believe you have any basis for that comment.

I think you underestimate Stump.  I think he will have the best player on the field(that's a subjective thing and you or I may disagree with him), but I don't believe you have any basis for that comment.

what happened to the Tall-read headed Quarterback who went to Vincent MS??

To use the word great makes this topic a hard one to answer. This area has seen some pretty good ones. But really not many greats. We've had a few though. Chip Ambres was probably our last great QB from this area,that I've seen, IMO. Even Brandon wasn't in my mind a great HS QB. He was a good one. We'll see what our new crop can do next season. The title of greatness is a hard one to hold for a young kid.

To use the word great makes this topic a hard one to answer. This area has seen some pretty good ones. But really not many greats. We've had a few though. Chip Ambres was probably our last great QB from this area,that I've seen, IMO. Even Brandon wasn't in my mind a great HS QB. He was a good one. We'll see what our new crop can do next season. The title of greatness is a hard one to hold for a young kid.

Good post. Great QB to me is a leader and a true QB that can make an impact at the next level as a QB. Long was after Ambres and was probably the last great one. Just not a lot of true QB's from the GT in recent years. Have had several great athletes playing the position, but not true QB's (BW from Central and several from WOS come to mind in that category). Chaisson was pretty close and Porterie from PAM I think was under utilized in HS. Until another great one comes along I don't think this area will see another GT (excluding teams north of Silsbee and west of EC) team playing for a State title.

Guest ECBucFan

Tremain Thomas was athletically great. His arm was very, very good, but his athleticism was indeed great. TT currently plays safety for Arkansas now.  :)

Tremain Thomas was athletically great. His arm was very, very good, but his athleticism was indeed great. TT currently plays safety for Arkansas now.  :)

Did he move to safety?  I thought he was at corner...

I tried to keep up with him this year, just looking at stats. He got a start and had a several tackles and break ups.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami