The Evil Empire signs Mark Teixeira

PNG70

Makes me sick.  People all over NY are struggling, and the Yankees have the nerve to go out and spend 240 million on pitching.  Then they slap the people of the town in the face by asking the city for more money, THEN they spend another 180 million.  I hope they fall flat on their face.  Burnett is going to be Kevin Brown all over again.  Last year was the first time that guy has ever been healty.  CC can't pitch for snot in the playoffs.  Can't say much about Teixeira, but i hope it blows up in Hank's face.

Makes me sick.  People all over NY are struggling, and the Yankees have the nerve to go out and spend 240 million on pitching.  Then they slap the people of the town in the face by asking the city for more money, THEN they spend another 180 million.  I hope they fall flat on their face.  Burnett is going to be Kevin Brown all over again.  Last year was the first time that guy has ever been healty.  CC can't pitch for snot in the playoffs.  Can't say much about Teixeira, but i hope it blows up in Hank's face.

So you don't like the moves the Yankees have made? I really couldn't tell by your post  :D

8 years-170 Million.......Ridiculous

No big deal...They just raise ticket prices by 18%, shoot a hot dog to $7.50 and a cold one to $8.

See...we have plenty of moneyfor payroll!!! ;D

Friggin ridiculous...when I lived in NY i was about 15 minutes from the Stadium.  We'd go to as many home games as possible. GenAdmin seats were $2.50, bleacher seats $1.25  We'd wait until the 3rd inning then sneak into the reserved/box sections cause we couldn't afford the $3.50 - $5.50 for those seats). A hotdog was $1.25 and a beer was $2.00.

Now it would take refinancing the house just to get enough money for parking in a lot  ( so the truck doesn't get trashed/stolen/burned/stripped), plus the cost of hiring a security guard to walk you from the lot to the Stadium entrance (so you don't get shot/stabbed/assaulted/drugged)  ;D

Guest Orangeboy

No big deal...They just raise ticket prices by 18%, shoot a hot dog to $7.50 and a cold one to $8.

Friggin ridiculous...when I lived in NY i was about 15 minutes from the Stadium.  We'd go to as many home games as possible. GenAdmin seats were $2.50, bleacher seats $1.25   We'd wait until the 3rd inning then sneak into the reserved/box sections cause we couldn't afford the $3.50 - $5.50 for those seats). A hotdog was $1.25 and a beer was $2.00.

Now it would take refinancing the house just to get enough money for parking in a lot  ( so the truck doesn't get trashed/stolen/burned/stripped), plus the cost of hiring a security guard to walk you from the lot to the Stadium entrance (so you don't get shot/stabbed/assaulted/drugged)  ;D

How many times did you see the Babe play?  ;)

Friggin ridiculous...when I lived in NY i was about 15 minutes from the Stadium.  We'd go to as many home games as possible. GenAdmin seats were $2.50, bleacher seats $1.25   We'd wait until the 3rd inning then sneak into the reserved/box sections cause we couldn't afford the $3.50 - $5.50 for those seats). A hotdog was $1.25 and a beer was $2.00.

LOL...unfortunately never...He was born way too early!!

I started going to the Stadium in the Mantle/Maris era...I remember going to games on Little League days  (The LL in the area would pick a home game and pay for all the kids to go)..there were huge crowds of kids in their uniforms!!...it was sooo friggin exciting..they let us walk on the field.  I remember standing in CF...right where The Mick played...and was in awe of how huge the stadium was and how it felt to be in that spot..I get chills to this day thinking about that...Good memories man!!

Guest tigersvoice

LOL...unfortunately never...He was born way too early!!

I started going to the Stadium in the Mantle/Maris era...I remember going to games on Little League days  (The LL in the area would pick a home game and pay for all the kids to go)..there were huge crowds of kids in their uniforms!!...it was sooo friggin exciting..they let us walk on the field.  I remember standing in CF...right where The Mick played...and was in awe of how huge the stadium was and how it felt to be in that spot..I get chills to this day thinking about that...Good memories man!!

Both thumbs up to ya', Yankeedawg - good stuff. :-*

[/quote

LOL. Looking at those prices that YankeeDawg listed, I was thinking surely he saw the Babe play....even the Brooklyn Dodgers.  ;)

[/quote

LOL. Looking at those prices that YankeeDawg listed, I was thinking surely he saw the Babe play....even the Brooklyn Dodgers.  ;)

Not the Babe, but I did see Alexander Cartwright's NY Knickerbockers play at Elysian Field in Hoboken NJ.  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami