*Sabine Pass (7-3) @ Orangefield (8-4) Updates/65-40 of Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Silsbee plays great quality team because a lot of team knows they can compete against a good small school. School thats intersested in playing good small school but they would be willing to play a playoff conteder small school too.

Lets say Silsbee plays Westbrook, Ozen, Central, Nederland and some more bigger competitions. The reason those big school considered playing teams like Silsbee is because they know that they can compete that the high level than where they at.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game was a really good experience for us i think if we keep playin like we are we will be in good shape for district

go sharks!!!!!!! #23

Now that's a quote I can agree with.I don't have anything against the Sharks at all.In fact I think it's smart for them to play clubs like this because they won't see anyone this tough in district.My point was that if you score 16 points in the first half you probably aren't going to put yourself in a position to win against a good team.I think it's great the kids in SP are sticking up for each other and the club.After watching all the teams in this district except HD I gotta believe you have a great chance to make the playoffs.

As I said we are playing comparable teams other than your Dallas tourney.  We had planned to play out of the area but it did not get approved.  One thing that we do that no other team in the area do is travel in the summer as a team.  The majority of our kids play from 20-40 games against 4 and 5a select teams from all over Texas during the summer.  That is the place to take your lumps because the kids realize what they need to work on. Nederland and Vidor dropping ou of the tourney can't be helped.  Also, just because they are a bigger school does not make them better.  Bobcat 05 how much did you get out of beating terrible 4a teams by 40, probably not a lot.

Now that's a quote I can agree with.I don't have anything against the Sharks at all.In fact I think it's smart for them to play clubs like this because they won't see anyone this tough in district.My point was that if you score 16 points in the first half you probably aren't going to put yourself in a position to win against a good team.I think it's great the kids in SP are sticking up for each other and the club.After watching all the teams in this district except HD I gotta believe you have a great chance to make the playoffs.

we have a chance against ALL the teams in our district including hd

Guest bleed orange

This thread is funny. Why are you guys questioning Orangefields schedule. Don't worry about our schedule just worry about when we play you. I think you guys are scared. I mean what would the golden triangle think if "ORANGEFIELD" beat one of major powers like Silsbee or Hardin Jefferson. That day is coming.  Give us some credit. We are out maned but we compete. Speaks volume about our kids.  Sabine Pass is no push over.

This thread is funny. Why are you guys questioning Orangefields schedule. Don't worry about our schedule just worry about when we play you. I think you guys are scared. I mean what would the golden triangle think if "ORANGEFIELD" beat one of major powers like Silsbee or Hardin Jefferson. That day is coming.  Give us some credit. We are out maned but we compete. Speaks volume about our kids.  Sabine Pass is no push over.

C'mon bleed, no one is scared. There is no 3A team, particularly local, that Silsbee is afraid to play. In fact, by the strength of the Tiger's schedule, they're not afraid to play anyone in this area. They may lose the game, but definetly not scared.

Yes, Orangefield did play us a couple of close games last year, but that last game that those two played against each other last year will be more indicative of what it will be like this year. I believe that score was 66-33 in favor of Silsbee.

Guest bleed orange

C'mon bleed, no one is scared. There is no 3A team, particularly local, that Silsbee is afraid to play. In fact, by the strength of the Tiger's schedule, they're not afraid to play anyone in this area. They may lose the game, but definetly not scared.

Yes, Orangefield did play us a couple of close games last year, but that last game that those two played against each other last year will be more indicative of what it will be like this year. I believe that score was 66-33 in favor of Silsbee.

I knew you would not be scared coming from a fan. We do not play the games the kids do. It will be a big challenge to beat you guys this year. All I am saying is don't coun't your chickens because it sounds like you already have. See we can't afford to count our chickens we don't have any. ;D ;D ;D Buy the way this is not about "Silsbee" it is about people saying we have a weak schedule.

I knew you would not be scared coming from a fan. We do not play the games the kids do. It will be a big challenge to beat you guys this year. All I am saying is don't coun't your chickens because it sounds like you already have. See we can't afford to count our chickens we don't have any. ;D ;D ;D Buy the way this is not about "Silsbee" it is about people saying we have a weak schedule.

I may be "just" a fan, but I think I have a pretty good perspective of the Silsbee basketball team since I am broadcasting their games. I have a little more insight to the players and coaches for Silsbee than what your common fan will have.

I believe in this Tiger team. They are a special group and I believe they will go undefeated in district, nothing "chicken" about that.

You are right, this thread is not about Silsbee, but you are the one making the comments about Silsbee and HJ being scared of Orangefield.

Guest bleed orange

I may be "just" a fan, but I think I have a pretty good perspective of the Silsbee basketball team since I am broadcasting their games. I have a little more insight to the players and coaches for Silsbee than what your common fan will have.

I believe in this Tiger team. They are a special group and I believe they will go undefeated in district, nothing "chicken" about that.

You are right, this thread is not about Silsbee, but you are the one making the comments about Silsbee and HJ being scared of Orangefield.

No, I said what would the "Golden Triangle" think if we beat the the powers like Silsbee and Hardin Jefferson. That is actually a compliment to you guys. Never mentioned that y'all were scared because we play y'all in district. Not in preseason. I am talking about other teams. That is what this is all about our weak schedule, Remember? You are a true fan for Silsbee and I respect that. So am I for Orangefield.

No, I said what would the "Golden Triangle" think if we beat the the powers like Silsbee and Hardin Jefferson. That is actually a compliment to you guys. Never mentioned that y'all were scared because we play y'all in district. Not in preseason. I am talking about other teams. That is what this is all about our weak schedule, Remember? You are a true fan for Silsbee and I respect that. So am I for Orangefield.

I marked in bold your quote in your original post to this thread. You refer to "you guys" that were questioning OF's schedule. Then you suggest that "they" don't worry about the Bobcats schedule and just worry about when we play you. Then you state that you think "you guys" are scared. Just who is "you guys"?

I can only assume that you meant "you guys" as a couple of us Tiger fans because that's who was posting on this thread about Orangefield's schedule. Go back and check.

Guest bleed orange

I too think the Bobcats should try to increase their strength of schedule. It may cause for more losses in the beginning, but they would benefit in the long run. Of course, they may have tried bumping up the schedule, but it takes two to tango, if you know what I mean.

Yes, you are included. Maybe we would benefit but how do you know? Have you been in our shoes.  No you have not. Do you understand how many years we have suffered in boy's basketball? I tried to pay you guys a compliment and you took it the wrong way. Happens on here all the time. I wish Silsbee nothing but success on the district race except againt my BOBCATS. I wish you and your family and the people of Silsbee a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.  All I ask is why some of you question our schedule?  It's really not about you Aggie, you really did not but some others did and that is why I posted even though I brought up your quote.

I too think the Bobcats should try to increase their strength of schedule. It may cause for more losses in the beginning, but they would benefit in the long run. Of course, they may have tried bumping up the schedule, but it takes two to tango, if you know what I mean.

Yes, you are included. Maybe we would benefit but how do you know? Have you been in our shoes.  No you have not. Do you understand how many years we have suffered in boy's basketball? I tried to pay you guys a compliment and you took it the wrong way. Happens on here all the time. I wish Silsbee nothing but success on the district race except againt my BOBCATS. I wish you and your family and the people of Silsbee a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.  All I ask is why some of you question our schedule?  It's really not about you Aggie, you really did not but some others did and that is why I posted even though I brought up your quote.

We're cool, bleed. I know that you are passionate about your Bobcats like I am about my Tigers. I just couldn't let you make the comment about being "scared" go without a rebuttal.

I hope you and everyone in Orangefield had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year.

Guest bleed orange

Yes, you are included. Maybe we would benefit but how do you know? Have you been in our shoes.  No you have not. Do you understand how many years we have suffered in boy's basketball? I tried to pay you guys a compliment and you took it the wrong way. Happens on here all the time. I wish Silsbee nothing but success on the district race except against my BOBCATS. I wish you and your family and the people of Silsbee a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.  All I ask is why some of you question our schedule?  It's really not about you Aggie, you really did not but some others did and that is why I posted even though I brought up your quote.

We're cool, bleed. I know that you are passionate about your Bobcats like I am about my Tigers. I just couldn't let you make the comment about being "scared" go without a rebuttal.

I hope you and everyone in Orangefield had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year.

Yes, we are cool Aggie. See you have the upper hand on the boys side but I have the upper hand on the girls side (Basketball). So we are even. I don't have any kids that play anymore but I still keep up with what the bobcats are doing just like you do with the tigers. We both support our teams and we should. Stay on your toes because the first time our boys beat yours, I will let you know about it. It may take a while on the boys side (Not the girls, Sorry I took a shot Could not help myself) but it will happen. We have some good young groups coming up. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

Guest bleed orange

Also "Aggie", why don't you show the love for the girls program (Basketball) like you do the boys?  Just wondering because you said you brodcast all of the boys games. Sounds like the girls program gets no respect.  :'(

Also "Aggie", why don't you show the love for the girls program (Basketball) like you do the boys?  Just wondering because you said you brodcast all of the boys games. Sounds like the girls program gets no respect.  :'(

It's all about the sponsors my friend. With the girls playing the same nights as the boys but in opposite places, had to go with one or the other. Trust me, regardless of how good our Lady Tiger basketball team is(and this is not a good year for them) we would not get the listening audience that the Silsbee boy's team draws. Therefore, our sponsors wanted the boys coverage.

If possible, I may get a girls game in somewhere, but I am obligated to the boys for now.

You know, you guys could get on board yourselves and get a broadcast team together and drum up some sponsors to do Lady Bobcat games. You get the sponsors, lot's of things can happen.

Yes, you are included. Maybe we would benefit but how do you know? Have you been in our shoes.  No you have not. Do you understand how many years we have suffered in boy's basketball? I tried to pay you guys a compliment and you took it the wrong way. Happens on here all the time. I wish Silsbee nothing but success on the district race except against my BOBCATS. I wish you and your family and the people of Silsbee a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.  All I ask is why some of you question our schedule?  It's really not about you Aggie, you really did not but some others did and that is why I posted even though I brought up your quote.

Yes, we are cool Aggie. See you have the upper hand on the boys side but I have the upper hand on the girls side (Basketball). So we are even. I don't have any kids that play anymore but I still keep up with what the bobcats are doing just like you do with the tigers. We both support our teams and we should. Stay on your toes because the first time our boys beat yours, I will let you know about it. It may take a while on the boys side (Not the girls, Sorry I took a shot Could not help myself) but it will happen. We have some good young groups coming up. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

Yes, you have the upper hand on the girls side, but the Lady Tigers have beaten the Lady Bobcats a few times. On the other hand, the Orangefield boys have never beaten my Silsbee Tigers. So I wouldn't call us even. ;)

Guest bleed orange

Yes, you have the upper hand on the girls side, but the Lady Tigers have beaten the Lady Bobcats a few times. On the other hand, the Orangefield boys have never beaten my Silsbee Tigers. So I wouldn't call us even. ;)

Dam "Aggie" I was trying to jerk your chain, get the board going and you did not take the bait. I am impressed. The actual fact on the girls side is you guys have only beaten us once since 2005. So I am 3/4 even. Does that count? ;D ;D I do understand about the sponsorship. Was just trying to fire you up. It would be hard to choose what side to brodcast at Orangefield because both side draw decent crowds.

Dam "Aggie" I was trying to jerk your chain, get the board going and you did not take the bait. I am impressed. The actual fact on the girls side is you guys have only beaten us once since 2005. So I am 3/4 even. Does that count? ;D ;D I do understand about the sponsorship. Was just trying to fire you up. It would be hard to choose what side to brodcast at Orangefield because both side draw decent crowds.

Yes bleed, the Lady Tigers have "only" beaten Orangefield once since 2005. I guess we won't acknowledge any Silsbee wins prior to that.(btw, the Lady Tigers were the outright district champs in 2007) When I was referring to Silsbee boys never to have lost to Orangefield, that's what I meant "NEVER", not since 2005. It's not even close to being even when comparing the two programs.

Guest bleed orange

Were is your sense of humor "Aggie". I look forward to that trend changing and it will someday. Our girls will always be able to compete with your girls. Our boys will to someday. I just hope I get to see it. ;D ;D ;D

Were is your sense of humor "Aggie". I look forward to that trend changing and it will someday. Our girls will always be able to compete with your girls. Our boys will to someday. I just hope I get to see it. ;D ;D ;D

Some day. Keep wishing, bleed. ;) ;D

Speaking of the girls teams, our Lady Tigers are gonna get their lumps this year. Take it easy on them, bleed.

Guest bleed orange

Speaking of the girls teams, our Lady Tigers are gonna get their lumps this year. Take it easy on them, bleed.

Coach Killam(sorry If I misspelled his name) is a good coach and a fine man. He will right the ship. Sometimes you have down years. Wish your boys would have one. ;) Just one that all I ask.  ;D

Coach Killam(sorry If I misspelled his name) is a good coach and a fine man. He will right the ship. Sometimes you have down years. Wish your boys would have one. ;) Just one that all I ask.  ;D

Coach K is a class act. Yes he will right the ship. He had to do some culling this year. He is down to just 7 players on the varsity. The Lady Tigers will be back.

Bleed, don't count on my Tigers having a down year in basketball as long as we are in 3A. This is Silsbee's 5th year in 3A and they have played in the regional final 3 out of those first 4 years. The other year they lost to WOS in the third round after having beaten them twice earlier in the regular season. WOS went on to Austin that year. So you could say that since Silsbee has dropped to 3A, the road to Austin in region 3 has gone through Silsbee. No other team in class 3A in any region can say that.

Silsbee will return to Austin again this year making it 4 out 5 years in the regional final.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder