*Sabine Pass (7-3) @ Orangefield (8-4) Updates/65-40 of Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want everyone thinking I'm dogging O-Field but lets be realistic have they played anyone worthy enough to have a record that they have. They are a decent 3A school that will fight for the last playoff spot with WO-S. But I just don't think they have being trying to play tough competition so that they can better themselves and learn from their mistake.

I too think the Bobcats should try to increase their strength of schedule. It may cause for more losses in the beginning, but they would benefit in the long run. Of course, they may have tried bumping up the schedule, but it takes two to tango, if you know what I mean.

It like you been reading my mind!  :D :D :D

Look at the schedule coming up, EC tourney with HJ, Kelly, Newton, Liberty Hill.  We also will be playing Coldspring @their place.  We have also played LCM, Nederland, PNG and still play Legacy and Kelly.  I realize that SP is not a tough game but people also have to be willing to play us as well.  Tried to go to South Texas for tourney this year but was not able to get it approved.  I agree it could be tougher but who else could we play in the area that is not in our district?

Guest immabeaking

Look at the schedule coming up, EC tourney with HJ, Kelly, Newton, Liberty Hill.  We also will be playing Coldspring @their place.  We have also played LCM, Nederland, PNG and still play Legacy and Kelly.  I realize that SP is not a tough game but people also have to be willing to play us as well.  Tried to go to South Texas for tourney this year but was not able to get it approved.  I agree it could be tougher but who else could we play in the area that is not in our district?

yall probably flip out but there still is only one team thats noteable in that list you just gave and thats HJ.... liberty hill was good in the 06-07 season silbsee beat them in the regional semi finals and IMO had silsbee lost to them they wouldve have beaten HJ, but then i dont know what they have done since then so i can call them noteable... kelly is good but not that stand out team that makes a schedule look tougher... like i said earlier HJ is the only team ill call worthy

You ask who in this area Orangefield could play? This may give you some indication on some teams the Bobcats could play. Here is Orangefield and Silsbee schedules, compare:

Orangefield Bobcats (8-4)                                                   

HC: Rea Wrinkle

Nov. 21 @ Barbers Hill (L, 62-54, Hayes 17)

Nov. 24 - Starks, La (W, 70-42, Granger 18)

Nov. 25 - Buna (W, 72-43, Hayes 20)

Dec. 4-6 - @ Evadale Tournament

vs. Deweyville (W, 82-69)

vs. Hemphill (W, 65-37)

vs. Hamshire-Fannett (60-43)

vs. Bridge City (W, 62-32)

Dec. 9 - Nederland (L, 47-45, Hayes 17)

Dec. 11-13 - Orangefield Tournament

Dec. 11 - vs. Sabine Pass (W, 67-41)

Dec. 12 - vs. LC-M (W, 51-43)

Dec. 13 - vs. PN-G (L, 44-42)

Dec. 15 - @ LC-M (L, 64-56, Hayes 16)

Dec. 19 - Sabine Pass

Dec. 22 - @ Kirbyville

Dec. 23 - Deweyville

Dec. 29-31 - @ East Chambers Tournament

Jan. 3 - @ Kelly

Jan. 10 - @ Legacy

Jan. 13 - @ Coldspring

Jan. 16 - Hamshire-Fannett*

Jan. 20 - @ Hardin-Jefferson*

Jan. 23 - Silsbee*

Jan. 27 - @ Bridge City*

Jan. 30 - WO-S*

Feb. 3 - @ Hamshire-Fannett*

Feb. 6 - Hardin-Jefferson*

Feb. 10 - @ Silsbee*

Feb. 13 - Bridge City*

Feb. 17 - @ WO-S*

Silsbee Tigers (10-2)

HC: Travis Williams

Nov. 17 - Legacy (W, 100-61, Hill 22)

Nov. 25 - Kelly (W, 83-62)

Nov. 28 - @ Fred Williams Classic - vs. Kountze (W, 83-57)

Dec. 2 - @ Ozen (L, 69-68)

Dec. 4-6 - @ Big Sandy Tournament

vs. Hardin (W, 106-31)

vs. New Waverly (W, 67-60)

vs. Goodrich (W, 78-67)

vs. Big Sandy (W, 77-57)

Dec. 9 - @ Central (W, 73-52)

Dec. 11-13 - @ FW Bagg Tournament

Dec. 11 - vs. Dallas Shelton (W, 73-40)

Dec. 12 - vs. Sanger (L, 54-46)

Dec. 13 - vs. FW Christian (W, 73-53)

Dec. 19 - @ Jasper

Dec. 29-31 - @ Gulf Coast Classic (Barbers Hill)

Jan. 2 - @ West Brook

Jan. 6 - @ Kelly

Jan. 9 - @ Newton

Jan. 16 - WO-S*

Jan. 20 - Bridge City*

Jan. 23 - @ Orangefield*

Jan. 27 - Hamshire-Fannett*

Jan. 30 - @ Hardin-Jefferson*

Feb. 3 - @ WO-S*

Feb. 6 - @ Bridge City*

Feb. 10 - Orangefield*

Feb. 13 - @ Hamshire-Fannett*

Feb. 17 - Hardin-Jefferson*

Most teams are not really willing to play Orangefield, because what Sabine Pass or other schools are to us, we are to them...like Ozen...

We should try getting these 4A & 5A:

West Brook, Central, Vidor and Memorial...

And if you want to play small schools try Kountze, Newton, or even Anahuac

Buna, Deweyville, Hemphill, Starks LA. aren't to tough...

Also, our Admin. will not let us travel to tournaments that we have to stay over night.  ::) >:(

So we have to stay local...

I can totally understand that, but there are local tournaments other than Evadale's that you could play in. Also, the Gulf Coast Classic in Barbers Hill is a good one, not too far away. And regarding the Bobcats own tourney, a couple of tougher opponents in that one wouldn't hurt.

Also, our Admin. will not let us travel to tournaments that we have to stay over night.  ::) >:(

I can totally understand that, but there are local tournaments other than Evadale's that you could play in. Also, the Gulf Coast Classic in Barbers Hill is a good one, not too far away. And regarding the Bobcats own tourney, a couple of tougher opponents in that one wouldn't hurt.

I completly agree!

we lost it in the 3rd  :-\

You scored 16 points in the first half and lost it in the 3rd ????

You must really not like Sp...

No matter if we had 2points in the 1st half and they have 11 its still a 9point game.

9points sounds pretty close to me.even closer when you are talking about a 3a playoff team to an 1a team that hasnt went to the playoffs in awhile.

I agree we lost it in the 3rd

Us sharks thanks Of coaches for allowing us the chance to play a good team like them.We learned alot from those games.Best of luck to the bobcats

Have any of you actually tried to schedule.  You don't just say, hey I am going to play this team.  You have to both have an opening on the same day.  Maybe some of those great 2A teams that you stated were contacted and didn't have any open dates.  Maybe some of those 4A teams you stated were contacted also and don't want to play a 3A team because if they lose it looks bad.  Especially if they lose to OF.  I agree, their schedule hasn't been the toughest, but some of it is out of their control.  Silsbee and Nederland pulled out of their tournament this year.  They also played 2 4A teams in thier tournament anyways.  They are going to the EC tournament with a quality field.  They also still play @ Kelly (who beat Ozen) and @ Coldspring before they open district. 

No matter if we had 2points in the 1st half and they have 11 its still a 9point game.

9points sounds pretty close to me.even closer when you are talking about a 3a playoff team to an 1a team that hasnt went to the playoffs in awhile.

Us sharks thanks Of coaches for allowing us the chance to play a good team like them.We learned alot from those games.Best of luck to the wildcats

It is Bobcats not Wildcats!!!!!

Us sharks thanks Of coaches for allowing us the chance to play a good team like them.We learned alot from those games.Best of luck to the wildcats

It is Bobcats not Wildcats!!!!!

I have no idea why i said wildcats :-X

well my mistake lol

The problem with the OF tournament is it's the same weekend as the YMBL.  I wish we would change our tourney dates so that both our boys and girls could play in the YMBL and also maybe that would allow for our tourney to get some better teams.

i might be wrong but who all has west orange played thats so great? this bobcat team is pretty young and needed some confidence builders IMO, they are solid enough to make the play offs they just needed to get some games  in they could win and get that confidence.they have played teams better than west orange and hj already. thats all they need.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder