Dayton in Your District Now

Will Dayton make the Play-offs?  

1. 1. Will Dayton make the Play-offs?

I would like find out where Dayton ranks in the minds of its new competition. Do ya'll (Vidor, LC-M, Nederland, Lumberton, PN-G, Beaumont Central, Beaumont Ozen) think we can be competitive?

I know this could get bad but, I am hoping for real input here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dayton will definitely mix things up in this district. It is hard to predict how they, or anyone else will fare this season b/c of the quantity of quality teams we have. I will be surprised if any one team just runs away in this district. And even if one does, I think the other two playoff spots will be determined by the tie-breaker system that is in place. Whoever ends up in the 4th & possibly 5th place spots will probably be playoff-worthy teams in another, weaker district.

You know what they say, "On any given night . . ."

I'm not convinced that you will know too much more about Ned after this Friday night. We have very seldom looked good in Week 1, and especially not when we play LM in the first game.

Historically, it takes Nederland a few weeks to get everyone in sync with each other. By the time district rolls around, you get a better idea of the team chemistry and a more accurate outlook of how the remainder of the season will go. As for this week's game, I am just going to go and have fun, and enjoy the fact that the season has started. With NEd & PNG sharing the home side at Reliant, it is going to be fun! :P

I'm not convinced that you will know too much more about Ned after this Friday night. We have very seldom looked good in Week 1' date=' and [b']especially not when we play LM in the first game.

Historically, it takes Nederland a few weeks to get everyone in sync with each other..........

I don't believe in prior history predicting anything but in 2003, Nederland lost the first game of the year to LaMarque 30-7. They then went on to go three games deep in the playoffs (only to be beaten by LaMarque again who then went on to win state).

I feel like we will make the playoffs.

I am not sure what went wrong but I think the poll is not working right.

I think a yes vote shows up as a maybe vote as well??

My Uncle coached in Deweyville for years, I have heard about real East Texas football and all the teams we will be playing this year, all my life. I am excited that we are apart of that now.

I don't believe in prior history predicting anything but in 2003, Nederland lost the first game of the year to LaMarque 30-7. They then went on to go three games deep in the playoffs (only to be beaten by LaMarque again who then went on to win state).

My point exactly! Despite having talent, we did not look very good in that Week 1 matchup with LM, but by season's end, we found ourselves in the playoffs. If anyone would have tried to make a prediction based on that Week 1 shellacking we took, I don't think they would have predicted we'd still be alive in Week 3 of the playoffs.

I would like find out where Dayton ranks in the minds of its new competition. Do ya'll (Vidor' date=' LC-M, Nederland, Lumberton, PN-G, Beaumont Central, Beaumont Ozen) think we can be competitive?

I know this could get bad but, I am hoping for real input here.[/quote']

Where all the fans??? I thought I would get a lot more opinions.

Guest Kelly Football

Tough to say if Dayotn will make it. This is a very tough district here and Central is the real deal. Coaching is always a question mark at Ozen so we'll see how it all pans out. But yea, Dayton could make the playoffs.

I think Dayton is way underestimated by the current teams in the new district. Before they joined this district to be honest it was really only about PNG, Nederland, Ozen and Central when talking about the playoffs in recent years. Vidor is the only other team that would have a chance. But Central and PNG arent consistent and have off years more often than others and Ozen plays less than their talent level. Nederland really is the only school that in the last 15 years has been pretty consistent. So Dayton definately has a chance at making the playoffs.

I think Dayton is in the mix with Ned, PNG, Ozen, and Central for a playoff spot. Unfortunately 2 pretty good teams will stay home. This early in the year, it is hard to say which 3 will go. It could hinge on a turnover, or just a bad game. One slip up in this district, and you might not recover.

I think Dayton is way underestimated by the current teams in the new district....... So Dayton definately has a chance at making the playoffs.

I am not sure how you think they are underestimated. Almost every post that I have seen and every district preview has Dayton as one of five teams going for a playoff spot.

I think Dayton could and will win this district, assuming they stay healthy. Dayton is a hard hitting tough team. They will get some attention this weekend when they put it on WOS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder