What about C.Stump @ PNG

Guest LCM Volleyball

I agree Stump is not going to leave WB. I know several WB fans at work who have said they wished he would though.

Their crazy then. Maybe they think they could do better.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small fish at Brook?  In four years he turned around a program that won two games and turned it into a top ten regular season team... Now amost every kid wants to be at Brook because of the exposure and the fact that he is sending more kids to college.  At PNG... He will lose on athletes and he has a HARDER chance to win state... The big 4A schools are starting to get 5A talent now and PNG though the kids are great it is not there......  And you are talking about leaving an established program to go to a school that has had one successful season in four years???  I love the PNG tradition but come on! Ok let's look at it...

Pay... Step behind

Talent... 9 Steps behind

Venue... Step up but not by much (especially with the new BISD stadium still in the making and the 5A playing stage)

Program... Step Behind

Media exposure... 9 Steps behind

Available talent crop... 9 Steps behind (Almost all of BMT; vs. PN, G, and a few PA kids)

At WB he is not the AD, at png he would be and that's not a step back. For you  who say you can't win a state title at png, your crazy. For those who say they wish stump would leave WB, I wish he would and ya'll could go back to losing to mid county like you did before Stump got to WB. I agree it's unlikely he would go to png, but why did he leave the SEC for texas high school football to begin with ?  If I was on the png board I would invite him to apply and see what happen's, I would think his salary would need to be about 90-95k a year, is that more than he makes at WB, If so he might leave.

Yes, that is more than he currrently makes at WB. All three HS Head Coaches make the same salary. And what makes you think WB would go back to losing if Stump left? We had winning programs before he got there, and I'd venture to say that we'd continue to win if he left. The coaching makes alot of difference, but it doesn't make all the difference. shorttexas1 made alot of valid points in his post. I think the biggest reason for Stump not being interested in PN-G is the fact that both of his sons are about to be entering the program, and I believe he wants to coach them. Not that a move to PN-G wouldn't be appealing, again I think he wants to try to win a state title. Let's face it, his chances for doing so are alot better at WB.

I have a question for you, PNGFAN, or anyone that might be able to answer this question:  I'm curious about something.  If a Masters is not required to be an AD, then why wasn't Burnett the AD as well as the HC?   Would this possibly be telling us that it is required?  Just a thought.

don't know if he has a masters

Smitty,  Currently,  Burnett and Coach Comeaux are CO- AD's.  Now, I'm not sure if this is because of the fact that Burnett doesn't have a masters and Comeaux does, or what the thought process is, but that's how it's laid out now.  I would imagine that Comeaux will be looking to retire before too long, leaving that AD position upon 1 set of shoulders.  So, although MB doesn't have a masters, they injected Comeaux in there to satisfy their own requirments for the AD.

Not sure if this answers your question or not.

BTW, Stump has his Masters degree.

;) NC

What would it take?  Probably double or triple what he makes now.  Otherwise, that is a step wayyy back.  At this point in his life, he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody.  He has a good program going at WB, and maybe in the not too distant future, an AD job lurking hopefully in BISD.  I'm betting on staying put.  But like I said, for the right price.........

I guess the question would be at which school would he have a better shot at winning a state title?  I would think it would be harder at WB simply because of the schools out there now, especially in Houston (North Shore, Katy, etc.).  Now I know there are some tough schools in 4-A.  But, in my opinion, the better shot would be at PN-G.  Remember, Art Briles made a name for himself in 4-A.  So I really don't see a down side if he would leave WB.  PN-G has new facilities.  He probably would make more money as HC/AD.  He would have total control as the AD.  He wouldn't have to be a 3-way part of a system.  Maybe being in a single system would be appealing to him.  Just a thought.

At WB he is not the AD, at png he would be and that's not a step back. For you  who say you can't win a state title at png, your crazy. For those who say they wish stump would leave WB, I wish he would and ya'll could go back to losing to mid county like you did before Stump got to WB. I agree it's unlikely he would go to png, but why did he leave the SEC for texas high school football to begin with ?  If I was on the png board I would invite him to apply and see what happen's, I would think his salary would need to be about 90-95k a year, is that more than he makes at WB, If so he might leave.

Yes, that is more than he currrently makes at WB. All three HS Head Coaches make the same salary. And what makes you think WB would go back to losing if Stump left? We had winning programs before he got there, and I'd venture to say that we'd continue to win if he left. The coaching makes alot of difference, but it doesn't make all the difference. shorttexas1 made alot of valid points in his post. I think the biggest reason for Stump not being interested in PN-G is the fact that both of his sons are about to be entering the program, and I believe he wants to coach them. Not that a move to PN-G wouldn't be appealing, again I think he wants to try to win a state title. Let's face it, his chances for doing so are alot better at WB.

NOPE! After working with him 3 years and knowing him personally like I do he will NOT leave to go to PNG. I really fell he has a better shot at a Div.2 5A title than any chance at PNG in 4A. Now maybe if Lamar would have given him what he asked for he would be there right now!!

Dang Ceauxch, where havent you worked?

Guest Luv Ya Blue

I disagree. Stump is a great Coach and yes there have been others knocking at his door. You expect PN-G to win State when the new guy comes in? Ain't happening.

Personally I do not want Stump. He was a average coach at Kelly and the games he won at WB he should had won with the talent he had.

He is an average coach. If he was anymore don't you think better programs would be knocking down his door?

This statement makes no sense to me. 

Answer this question for me.  Why was Brook trash before Stump got there? 

Fact of the matter is that he is a great coach.  The same athletes came through those halls before he got three. 

So the fact that you don't want him, is fine.  He dosn't want to go there anyways. 

Personally I do not want Stump. He was a average coach at Kelly and the games he won at WB he should had won with the talent he had.

He is an average coach. If he was anymore don't you think better programs would be knocking down his door?

Come on now get real, West Brook was the weakest Beaumont team before he went there. Now they are the strongest Beaumont team and it ain't even close.They have dominated the Beaumont Bowl games. He is a very good coach. I would have loved to see him apply for the job. Any PNG fan who didn't would be crazy. He did not apply because of the fact that the money was too near what he was making now. I can guarantee what he is doing at West Brook has just begun, he has good program going there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont