What about C.Stump @ PNG

I haven't heard much talk about Craig Stump for the PNG job. I think Coach Stump would be qualified as for as coaching , don't know if he has a masters, but he is a darn good coach. I'm not sure what he makes at BISD as HC, but your one of 3 head coaches, at png he would be AD as well as HC. He knows what kind of following png has, plus the accomadations, also chance to run your show top to bottom. I'm from 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought, though.  Good discussion material.

I haven't heard much talk about Craig Stump for the PNG job. I think Coach Stump would be qualified as for as coaching , don't know if he has a masters, but he is a darn good coach. I'm not sure what he makes at BISD as HC, but your one of 3 head coaches, at png he would be AD as well as HC. He knows what kind of following png has, plus the accomadations, also chance to run your show top to bottom. I'm from 

That is funny!  There is 0% chance Craig Stump would take the PN-G gig...

I know its not likely but 0% huh?

If the money was compareable:

* he doesn't have to compete with the 2 other BISD HS's

* has better now but in the future equivalent facilities that he wouldn't have to share with the 2 other schools

* playing all his district games within 30 miles of his home instead of travelling to Houston every other week

* playing in front of at least 8,000 per night instead of 1000.

Yeah Id say the odds are right there at 0%, who'd want that crap job in Port Neches anyway???

* has better now but in the future equivalent facilities that he wouldn't have to share with the 2 other schools

* playing all his district games within 30 miles of his home instead of travelling to Houston every other week

Yeah Id say the odds are right there at 0%, who'd want that crap job in Port Neches anyway???

Stump is a former college guy...that wouldn't even be a lateral move...not knocking you, but it would have to be a step backwards!  This dude is on top right now!  To look at what he's done at WB and then put him at PN-G just wouldn't make sense!  You need a young guy hoping to move up or another older guy looking to retire soon but has enuff juice left him in to bring the Indians back to dominance! 

Stump is a former college guy...that wouldn't even be a lateral move...not knocking you, but it would have to be a step backwards!  This dude is on top right now!  To look at what he's done at WB and then put him at PN-G just wouldn't make sense!  You need a young guy hoping to move up or another older guy looking to retire soon but has enuff juice left him in to bring the Indians back to dominance!   

depends on what he wants for himself and his family. If he enjoys coaching at the HS level and wants to root his family in SETX theres no way the PNG job is "a step back" from West Brook. 

If his ultimate desire is to move up through the ranks as high as he can get not worrying about where he ends up or how long he stays, then yes stay at the 5A job....but hes already been a "college guy" and came back close to home to coach at Kelly, something to think about.

depends on what he wants for himself and his family. If he enjoys coaching at the HS level and wants to root his family in SETX theres no way the PNG job is "a step back" from West Brook. 

If his ultimate desire is to move up through the ranks as high as he can get not worrying about where he ends up or how long he stays, then yes stay at the 5A job....but hes already been a "college guy" and came back close to home to coach at Kelly, something to think about.

Good Point...maybe Stump wants security and stability!  He could easily go to the Rez and Coach for many years even though it would be a drop in talents...however it is a one horse town!

Stump has got two sons that are both about to come up through the program. BTW, they're both QB's. I dont think he would be willing to uproot and move to another town, especially since he's got the WB program pointed in the right direction. He's said that he wants to win a state championship, and, not knocking PN-G, but the talent pool just isn't there to do it at that school. He's right where he needs to be to accomplish that goal. Call me a homer if you wish, but I dont think he's looking to make a move at this point. He has been offered other HC positions at other schools around the state, and he's chosen to stay right here. BUT, if the money's right.........

stump has been my choice since day one.reasons to come#1 he is a tj boy and png is full of old tj grads.#2 facilties.#3 you can win state at png before you'll win at wb.wb is a small fish in a big pond in 5a.theyve been loaded and cant get past those monsters.#4 fan support.you can coach in packed stadiums everyweek.#5 only show in town/two feeders to do as you please.the talent in bmt floats around.in a few years wb will be the odd man out,like in the past.#6 you come in and get png going right youll be a god.this wasnt meant to knock wb.they got it going good but stump was one of my childhood heroes so i would love him to coach my son.

All good points and well thought out.

stump has been my choice since day one.reasons to come#1 he is a tj boy and png is full of old tj grads.#2 facilties.#3 you can win state at png before you'll win at wb.wb is a small fish in a big pond in 5a.theyve been loaded and cant get past those monsters.#4 fan support.you can coach in packed stadiums everyweek.#5 only show in town/two feeders to do as you please.the talent in bmt floats around.in a few years wb will be the odd man out,like in the past.#6 you come in and get png going right youll be a god.this wasnt meant to knock wb.they got it going good but stump was one of my childhood heroes so i would love him to coach my son.

I have a question for you, PNGFAN, or anyone that might be able to answer this question:  I'm curious about something.  If a Masters is not required to be an AD, then why wasn't Burnett the AD as well as the HC?   Would this possibly be telling us that it is required?  Just a thought.

don't know if he has a masters

BTW, Stump has his Masters degree.

;) NC

ttt

I have a question for you PNGFAN, or anyone that might be able to answer this question:  I'm curious about something.  If a Masters is not required to be an AD, then why wasn't Burnett the AD as well as the HC?   Would this possibly be telling us that it is required?  Just a thought.

;) NC

At WB he is not the AD, at png he would be and that's not a step back. For you  who say you can't win a state title at png, your crazy. For those who say they wish stump would leave WB, I wish he would and ya'll could go back to losing to mid county like you did before Stump got to WB. I agree it's unlikely he would go to png, but why did he leave the SEC for texas high school football to begin with ? If I was on the png board I would invite him to apply and see what happen's, I would think his salary would need to be about 90-95k a year, is that more than he makes at WB, If so he might leave.

I have a question for you, PNGFAN, or anyone that might be able to answer this question:  I'm curious about something.  If a Masters is not required to be an AD, then why wasn't Burnett the AD as well as the HC?   Would this possibly be telling us that it is required?  Just a thought.

;) NC

It isn't a law, but you could not justify paying HC's salaries these days without classifying them as an administrator. The position at PNG is paying more than Burnett was making. Burnett did not have a masters degree, this is why he shared the position with Barbara Comeaux. I think a lot of schools require a masters to justify paying a coach the salaries they now make.

Interesting!  You may be right.

;) NC

It isn't a law, but you could not justify paying HC's salaries these days without classifying them as an administrator. The position at PNG is paying more than Burnett was making. Burnett did not have a masters degree, this is why he shared the position with Barbara Comeaux. I think a lot of schools require a masters to justify paying a coach the salaries they now make.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami