Now The Everman Coach

smitty

Total package is salary, expense account, car.......Traylor is probably making more in Gilmer than PN-G is willing to pay, plus he is from there and has a beautiful house on the lake there......He turned down one of the best 5A jobs in the state a few years ago to stay so you can wish all you want to......I cannot speak for anyone on that list, but I would be totally surprised if any of them took the job....Of course, there is always the possibility they could use the job to increase their pay where they are.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40% was just to prove a point.  And I was basically talking to you directly.  Would you change jobs for this?  Again, the point is everyone has their price.  Will certain high schools be willing to find that lever?  Some will, some won't.  If PN-G can't match what some coaches are already making then it's a mute point.  But it doesn't mean you can't try, right?

40% pay increase? Celina pays very well has as much tradition as anyone in the state and is a nice enough place for Craig James to live. Gilmer I would guess doesnt pay to bad considering they have very nice facilitys. They also have  great athletes and good tradition. Duncanville is historically a power in Texas but has been on the down so they made Jeff Dicus the highest paid AD in Texas and made the playoffs this year. They are LOADED with athletes.

Could be true on both accounts.

Total package is salary, expense account, car.......Traylor is probably making more in Gilmer than PN-G is willing to pay, plus he is from there and has a beautiful house on the lake there......He turned down one of the best 5A jobs in the state a few years ago to stay so you can wish all you want to......I cannot speak for anyone on that list, but I would be totally surprised if any of them took the job....Of course, there is always the possibility they could use the job to increase their pay where they are.

If I was at anyone of the schools you or I named then no I wouldnt apply but I have said before that if I was at a local 4A, small school(3A or smaller) or an coordinator then I would apply in an instance.

However a lot of guys want to remain a coordinator and many AD's at the smaller level like the smaller level.  I'm sure Dan Hooks and Curtis Barbay, Roy Harper, etc...  are satisfied with their careers. 

PNG will get a good quality coach, don't worry. 

I cannot talk about what Coach Keeling will or will not do.  Wherever he is, he will be successful......

I think he is lucky to be in Everman and around a lot of talent.  He was a loser everywhere else he went.  He killed a growing Muleshoe program in the late '80s.  It wasn't until David Wood got there in '97 to rebuild the program.

Well, this sheds a different light on the situation.  Interesting info. 

I cannot talk about what Coach Keeling will or will not do.  Wherever he is, he will be successful......

I think he is lucky to be in Everman and around a lot of talent.  He was a loser everywhere else he went.  He killed a growing Muleshoe program in the late '80s.  It wasn't until David Wood got there in '97 to rebuild the program.

Keeling is a great Coach....when coaches are young, they can experience some growing pains just like in any other profession... There is no doubt that Coach Wood has done a great job at Muleshoe, but to say Keeling killed the program is asinine at best....I wouldn't exactly call Muleshoe a powerhouse before Keeling got there because they only made the playoffs a few times since 1960...Not to mention that was 20 years ago and Coach's tend to learn a few things in that long of a time span

1995  2-AAA      0  10    0    Randy Adair

1994  2-AAA      3    7    0    Randy Adair

1993  2-AAA      3    7    0    Randy Adair

1992  2-AAA      2    8    0    Randy Adair

1991  2-AAA      0  10    0  Steve Hatfield

1990  2-AAA      3    7    0    Jim Stewart

1989  2-AAA      1    8    1    Jim Stewart

1988  2-AAA      2    8    0    Dale Keeling

1987  2-AAA      5    5    0    Dale Keeling

1986  2-AAA      5    5    0    Dale Keeling

1985  2-AAA      0    9    0    Dale Keeling

Keeling was 12-27 in 4 years at Muleshoe

Muleshoe was 12-57 in 7 years after Keeling

And in '84 Williams took the Mules to the playoffs the JV was tearing it up the Freshman an JR high teams were winning District.  His years there did set back the Mules.  Stewart was His D coordinator so it was just more of the same under him.  I agree maybe he has gotten better but I know he was not winning everywhere he went.  I also still believe that Everman would have won despite the coach.  I also hope he has become a better human being.

More interesting info.  Of course, being able to work with people is as important as anything.  But that too can be checked into.

And in '84 Williams took the Mules to the playoffs the JV was tearing it up the Freshman an JR high teams were winning District.  His years there did set back the Mules.  Stewart was His D coordinator so it was just more of the same under him.  I agree maybe he has gotten better but I know he was not winning everywhere he went.  I also still believe that Everman would have won despite the coach.  I also hope he has become a better human being.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder