PN-G: Pros/Cons Of Long

smitty

Guest baseball25

If you want a guy that runs the spread there are 2 guys that know how to run in this area and has had success through out his whole coaching career doing too......

This is a interesting question.  What direction does PN-G want to go in?  Spread or power ball?  Again, interesting.

If you want a guy that runs the spread there are 2 guys that know how to run in this area and has had success through out his whole coaching career doing too......

Some of you guys are complete idiots. There is nothing wrong with discussing a how a coach might or might not fit a school on a PUBLIC message board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This messageboard is here for people to express that opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.

You are joking, right?  You are attaching an awful lot abilities to these school board members.  Just because they can get elected this makes them qualified?  The most unqualified man in the history of the U.S. just got elected president.   I rest my case.  But thanks for the post.

The elected school board usually gets a qualified committee together composed of school administrators, teachers, and former coaches. They do not get message board commandos or pop warner dads to select a coach.

Smity, what makes you or me qualified to give the pros or cons of these coaches? And dont give me that tax payer crap i am tired of hearing that.Just because we watch football games doesn't make us qualified. The elected school boards are trained for this and it is their job. what we say here may be entertainment for you, but it could be any nut job with a computer writing these opinions

Great post.  Someone gets it. 

That is hilarious. Nail on the head as well!

Guest tigersvoice

This is a interesting question.  What direction does PN-G want to go in?  Spread or power ball?  Again, interesting.

Isn't that choice really up to the Coach that they hire?  Are they really going to evaluate among themselves, or the committee, or the group of Dads, or whoever has the hiring power at PN-G, that they want to run power football so that's the only coaches they will look at?  Good grief, if that's the case, no wonder the situation in PN-G

is so screwed up. 

Isn't that choice really up to the Coach that they hire?  Are they really going to evaluate among themselves, or the committee, or the group of Dads, or whoever has the hiring power at PN-G, that they want to run power football so that's the only coaches they will look at?  Good grief, if that's the case, no wonder the situation in PN-G

is so screwed up. 

Why is it so hard to understand that this is an open discussion and not some attempt to influence either the powers that be at PN-G or some future head coach? I too have wondered whether a spread oriented coach or power oriented coach would be better. What difference does it make if people express their opinion here? Why does there always have to be a group of you that have no connection to the PN-G program on here running your mouths? 

Guest tigersvoice

is so screwed up. 

Why is it so hard to understand that this is an open discussion and not some attempt to influence either the powers that be at PN-G or some future head coach? I too have wondered whether a spread oriented coach or power oriented coach would be better. What difference does it make if people express their opinion here? Why does there always have to be a group of you that have no connection to the PN-G program on here running your mouths? 

Because you guys over there in purple and white are so jumpy now (as you illustrate) - it's fun to get under your skin.  It's a forum man: when I comment you say it's running my mouth.  When you comment

it's pearls of wisdon.  I suspect the answer lies somewhere in between.  I'll quit though since it seems to upset you.

Excellent take on the situation.  Good job.

Some of you guys are complete idiots. There is nothing wrong with discussing a how a coach might or might not fit a school on a PUBLIC message board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This messageboard is here for people to express that opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.

is so screwed up. 

Because you guys over there in purple and white are so jumpy now (as you illustrate) - it's fun to get under your skin.  It's a forum man: when I comment you say it's running my mouth.  When you comment

it's pearls of wisdon.  I suspect the answer lies somewhere in between.  I'll quit though since it seems to upset you.

Everyone just needs to do what I do when you post Tiger............

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is there anything wrong with a school wanting to go in a certain direction, say the spread, and only interview coaches that have that experience?  Just curious what this board's take on it is.

is so screwed up. 

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest tigersvoice

Is there anything wrong with a school wanting to go in a certain direction, say the spread, and only interview coaches that have that experience?   Just curious what this board's take on it is.

is so screwed up. 

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good approach.  Could be said for 98% of the activity on this site. ::)

is so screwed up. 

What difference does it make if people express their opinion here?  Stop whining.  Why does there have to be a group of you who have no clue about coaching football running your mouth? 

Is there anything wrong with a school wanting to go in a certain direction, say the spread, and only interview coaches that have that experience?   Just curious what this board's take on it is.

is so screwed up. 

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes. Pop warner dads, school board members, and TAXPAYERS  need to let the coach decide what offense he will run.  Don't know if you know this or not but coaches have the ability to run both power, misdirection,  and spread. THe coach, not the internet gurus should decide what offense best suits his team.  One year it might be more power, next year more spread.  Offenses are tweaked every year depending upon the players. 

I agree 100%.  But hasn't there been schools that has done what has been described?  Not saying that's its right or wrong.  Just making a point that it has happened.

is so screwed up. 

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes. Pop warner dads, school board members, and TAXPAYERS  need to let the coach decide what offense he will run.  Don't know if you know this or not but coaches have the ability to run both power, misdirection,  and spread. THe coach, not the internet gurus should decide what offense best suits his team.  One year it might be more power, next year more spread.  Offenses are tweaked every year depending upon the players. 

Man ! Who cares what anyone has to say !  The powers that "B" will decide who will get the HC job. I really find it hard to believe that this committee will be looking for a coach that only does this or that. I truly believe that a coach will be hired on his ability to coach and produce a winning team, whether from a spread or a power program.  A truly good coach will be one that will change the offense and defense to benefit the talent of the team for that season.  Sure its fun to speculate on who our new HC may be but no one knows what the future holds or who the new HC will be. I for one am looking forward to seeing who our new HC will be !  As a PNG supporter I will be behind the new HC !!!

I agree 100%.  But hasn't there been schools that has done what has been described?  Not saying that's its right or wrong.  Just making a point that it has happened.

is so screwed up. 

IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heck ya there have been schools that have done that.  Boards think that they may know football, and I've seen it where they've been razzle dazzled by some slick talking guy that was good with x's and o's but didn't know how to handle kids.  Have seen/heard of guys getting turned down for jobs because of the offense they run.  I just don't think thats right. 

is so screwed up. 

You are not going to get many pearls of wisdom from me. This is a PN-G matter. I have no problem reading everyone's opinion, it just gets old when people outside the community with no input into the matter feel the need to crap on every PN-G thread. I don't feel high and mighty, I don't think Todd Dodge is going to quit to coach us, I just want a solid coach who can help get the program back to a respectable level.

is so screwed up. 

You are not going to get many pearls of wisdom from me. This is a PN-G matter. I have no problem reading everyone's opinion, it just gets old when people outside the community with no input into the matter feel the need to crap on every PN-G thread.

Dont post on an open forum then ;)

I though this was a post on the Pros and Cons of hiring Coach Long.  Not an opportunity by some to insult and talk in a condescending manor to folks who want to discuss the topic.  I for one would like for the school board to put out a search far and wide for the new coach.  After the search is completed, if Coach Long is the best fit, then, I will be pleased. 

Coach Long had a pass/run ratio of 40/60 when he was the OC. 

He was restrained by Burnett from opening up the offense further.

He knows that he can't win using a power running game only.

He Bleeds Purple and has a good understanding of the situation at PNG.

He's great with the players.

Folks who haven’t seen the decline of PNG Football due to the hardheadedness and lack of offensive imagination of Burnett, can’t understand the frustration that we have gone through the last few years.

I don’t think you have to be a coach, to see that your team has the most predictive offense in the District year after year.

is so screwed up. 

You are not going to get many pearls of wisdom from me. This is a PN-G matter. I have no problem reading everyone's opinion, it just gets old when people outside the community with no input into the matter feel the need to crap on every PN-G thread.

Dont post on an open forum then ;)

You guys are missing the point. I guess without a PN-G education it is hard to get past 3rd grade level comprehension.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder