Raider Fans Show No Respect: I hope we kick their tails!!!

Lamar Prediction Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calling Sage!!!  Whats your prediction?

Heres mine.

TECH - 83

Lamar - 75

leeintennVeteran

411 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 2:25 PM

Re: Lamar Prediction Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the good guys get  90

the bad guys get  70

and just for the record

redraiders are always the good guys 

BrazosRaiderRegistered User

73 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 2:43 PM

TT 84 - Lamar 63

pirate7All Star

2069 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 7:18 PM

102-78. Okorie finds his shot. Big lew makes it in and has another solid performance with 5 boards, a block and a couple of slams. Roberts goes on a tear as does Vos and Singletary. Cook has another solid performance with a couple blocks and 8 boards. Roberson ends the game with 18 and 7 assists. Darko and Prince have a solid performance and between them grab 8 boards. Wally gets 9 points on 3 treys at the end of the game. 

RedRayderz01

5069 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 10:00 PM

Tech 87

Lamar 60

TallMikeHall of Fame

6651 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 10:15 PM

TTU wins !

Lewandowski starts...or plays a whole bunch and leaves everyone in awe...

KNIGHTSAGERegistered User

7 posts this site

Posted: Today 7:59 AM

I'm somewhat concerned with the layoff all week and the four days rest for Lamar. Thinking PK will have them ready and the team comes out quickly I look for a good game.

TECH - 81

Lamar - 72

No respect at all:

dragondawgAll Star

3987 posts this site

Posted: 12/9/2008 11:04 AM

RE: Lamar, 6-1 before tonight [losing only at Kentucky]

Per Lamar vs Lousville

Lamar is a quick undersized team.  Louisville is a lanky and quicker team. 

Lamar had big problems with a Louisville press that tries to deny the dribble after the first, second, and third pass before falling back into a man to man.  TT's press seems to back off after the second pass is made.

Lamar's preferred offense is a fast break drive to the basket.  When forced into a half court offense they have two main sets:  Double high post, and a high-low post.  If they start in the double high, and the ball goes to one of the posts, then the other will roll or flash down to the low post.  The quickness of Louisville negated any cuts to the basket by the post.  The other set of high low, uses the high post to pass, and set screens, with the guards flair cutting, trying to get open for 3s.  The only problem is that they do not set good screens, or shoot 3s well.  Spacing is poor, although a lot of that may have been caused by Louisville.

Lamar on defense played man to man, and was weak underneath.  Louisville repeatedly drove just below the elbow into the lane for close in easy shots.  They also keep Lamar honest on defense by hitting a few 3s.  Over all a total mismatch type of game.

Over all Lamar was a weak team in the Lousville game. Or maybe just a tired team? They have a 7 man rotation per the stats.  I would have guessed 8 based on the game.  Tech has more depth.

Keys for Tech...

On defense get back on the fast break, and take away the fast drive to the bucket. Make them prove they can hit the 3 on a fast break.  Take away any pick and roll play with their 2 post set, and again force their offense out to the 3 pt line.  Block out on the boards, as Lamar is a fiesty group.

On offense Tech should dominate.  No reason why Roberts and Singletary can't have big games mimicing the Louisville strategy of driving across the lane close in.  Voskhul and Roberson should have plenty of opportunities for open 3s.  This is also one of these games where Lew should be fed in order to gain confidence.  No reason why he can't also have a big game.

It should be a high scoring game with Tech easily winning.

Reply | Quote

Guest coachacola

So far Lamar hasn't shown they can beat a team from a major conference, especially getting beat by 42 to Kentucky and 22 to Louisville, so their predictions seem reasonable to me.  But I still like the fact that Texas Tech will not have played in 10 days and this is their first real away game.  Their only 2 games away from Lubbock were at a neutral site.  There will be a loud and hostile crowd at the Montagne Center and the team should be fired up and ready to play against Tech.  Lamar's two main weak points seem to be 3-point shooting and defense, so Lamar will have a hard time winning if they don't improve there.

So far Lamar hasn't shown they can beat a team from a major conference, especially getting beat by 42 to Kentucky and 22 to Louisville, so their predictions seem reasonable to me.  But I still like the fact that Texas Tech will not have played in 10 days and this is their first real away game.  Their only 2 games away from Lubbock were at a neutral site.  There will be a loud and hostile crowd at the Montagne Center and the team should be fired up and ready to play against Tech.  Lamar's two main weak points seem to be 3-point shooting and defense, so Lamar will have a hard time winning if they don't improve there.

Coach, will you be in for this one?

Lamar advantages....

1. Quickness...Lamar should keep fresh bodies in and never let up on defense...make them work for everythng.

2. Home court familiarity...noway should Tech out shoot you on your own court...PERIOD...

3. Crowd noise needs to be loud and disruptive when they have the ball.

4. This is Lamar's game to win or lose...

Lamar 85

Tech  71

Lamar advantages....

1. Quickness...Lamar should keep fresh bodies in and never let up on defense...make them work for everythng.

2. Home court familiarity...noway should Tech out shoot you on your own court...PERIOD...

Lamar 85

Tech  71

There is a big difference between mid major speed and big D-1 speed. As evidenced by lowly kentucky and Louisville

Lamar advantages....

Lamar 85

Tech  71

There is a big difference between mid major speed and big D-1 speed. As evidenced by lowly kentucky and Louisville

There is a big difference between those who know basketball and those who pretend to know basketball.... post your prediction so

we can know who is who.

Lamar advantages....

Lamar 85

Tech  71

There is a big difference between those who know basketball and those who pretend to know basketball.... post your prediction so

we can know who is who.

Oh , so you want be to predict a winner huh? Actually my system works well. You sure you want to compete against me UNLV?  I'll post my prediction by Saturday evening.

Guest coachacola

I predict a repeat of 2007 when Lamar was 3-6, having just lost 3 games in a row on the road to Tulsa, Oral Roberts and Rice.  The next game was a home game against a good BYU team and Lamar won that game 86-77 in overtime.

Texas Tech beat SHSU and SELA by 11.  In their last two games they beat Miss State by 4 and Wichita State by 3 so they are not blowing away average teams.  Tech isn't a great defensive team like Louisville so Lamar will get their rebounds and will shoot pretty well from the outside. 

I predict Lamar wins 82-78 in front of 7500 screaming fans.

Lamar advantages....

Lamar 85

Tech  71

we can know who is who.

Oh , so you want be to predict a winner huh? Actually my system works well. You sure you want to compete against me UNLV?  I'll post my prediction by Saturday evening.

Just predict a score...geez you never needed 24 hours to insult LAMAR before. You must be asking someone else's opinion...

Lamar advantages....

Lamar 85

Tech  71

Lowly Kentucky and Louisville???  Louisville and Kentucky are lowly????  I thought Louisville was in the top 10?  I thought Kentucky had the 1st or 2nd most wins in college basketball history???  Lowly???  Good lord!

Anyway...there is also a big difference between playing at home and playing on the road.  Lamar will win this one because they are at home and to remind other big conference schools why they don't want to come play here.  You ever think BYU will come back?  What about Villanova???  These 'big' basketball schools beat up on the smaller basketball schools mainly because they will only play them at home.  I'm shocked that Tech is coming here.  I give the credit for having some nads.

via Tech forum

"Lamar is NOT a good team and I do not want to hear how hard it is to win on the road.

We let them shoot 68% in the 2nd 1/2.  That is NOT Defense.

This is a BIG step back for this team and does not bode well for the upcoming games vs Big 12 teams.

Time for Pat Knight to step up!

"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami