Ft.Worth Bagg tournament updates; Silsbee, Kountze

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to make any excuses but like I said the officials are really strict on calls in this area and we just had a bad break. We will bounce back from this lost. Sanger had a kid about 6'4 who was playing point guard and shooting three's on us. But all those foul calls cost us the game

Guest ST4life

I'm not going to make any excuses but like I said the officials are really strict on calls in this area and we just had a bad break. We will bounce back from this lost. Sanger had a kid about 6'4 who was playing point guard and shooting three's on us. But all those foul calls cost us the game

that just stinks cause we got beat by a 3a team that was not ranked in the poll's....... >:(

It ain't nothin but a thing big T...we're just gettin all that out before the state tourney  8)

Guest immabeaking

of course you were one of the few fans master t the game is in ft. worth... anyways i understood it that the tigers really didnt play well... but then you gotta take into consideration they had like a 6 hour bus ride they may not have had their legs but no excuses they still won good job

The Tigers beat Kountze 73 - 40 and your information is that they did not play well?  You need to get a new source for your information!  What do you expect, a 100 every game?  Get a grip,

immabeaking.  Geeez!

they didnt even play kountze get a grip geez... i have watched the kids play to thier potential myself and they arent hitting it... you dont know anything at all

Guest immabeaking

officials arent a good excuse ever... when you cant make lay ups and free throws you will get beat.... the tigers missed the shots they should have made and didnt play team defense.... they need to get it together...

Guest immabeaking

of course you were one of the few fans master t the game is in ft. worth... anyways i understood it that the tigers really didnt play well... but then you gotta take into consideration they had like a 6 hour bus ride they may not have had their legs but no excuses they still won good job

The Tigers beat Kountze 73 - 40 and your information is that they did not play well?  You need to get a new source for your information!  What do you expect, a 100 every game?  Get a grip,

immabeaking.  Geeez!

they didnt even play kountze get a grip geez... i have watched the kids play to thier potential myself and they arent hitting it... you dont know anything at all

oh and by the way i expect 120 cuz i know they can do it

So Sanger beat Silsbee by 8 points.  HMMM.  That shows - again, that those TABC polls are not that accurate, because Silsbee was ranked # 7, or # 8, and Sanger is nowhere to be seen in the top 20, at least they aren't right now.

Looking at the positive, a little Northern exposure is good for the Tigers.  A loss like this will show a team exactly who they are and what they need to work on.  Better to lose like this now than in the playoffs.

DB

Guest immabeaking

So Sanger beat Silsbee by 8 points.  HMMM.  That shows - again, that those TABC polls are not that accurate, because Silsbee was ranked # 7, or # 8, and Sanger is nowhere to be seen in the top 20, at least they aren't right now.

Looking at the positive, a little Northern exposure is good for the Tigers.  A loss like this will show a team exactly who they are and what they need to work on.  Better to lose like this now than in the playoffs.

DB

true it is better than to lose in the playoffs.. oh and youre right the polls are inacurate silsbee shold be higher... were you even at the game?... my source says they missed enough free throws and lay ups to win by 30... i know Sanger wasnt better than them... what a fluke... and youre one to talk about the polls being in accurate, youre from kountze they should never have been ranked yall are terrible

The last B-ball game I saw was year before last in the playoffs against cleveland in Barbers Hills gym.  Ahmad Jones, and Harper were on that team.  I didn't see last years team, but I followed them in the paper and on the internet.  I was glad to see them finally get past HJ.  Kennedale was too much for them in Austin.  I was in FT Worth/Arlington for thanksgiving.  My money was too funny to make it back up there for this tourney.  They are scheduled to play in barbers hill again this year.  Maybe I will make it to that game.  I live in NW Houston.

I did get to see the football team play davis.  that's a whole 'nother topic

~Kountzer~

Guest immabeaking

The last B-ball game I saw was year before last in the playoffs against cleveland in Barbers Hills gym.  Ahmad Jones, and Harper were on that team.  I didn't see last years team, but I followed them in the paper and on the internet.  I was glad to see them finally get past HJ.  Kennedale was too much for them in Austin.   I was in FT Worth/Arlington for thanksgiving.  My money was too funny to make it back up there for this tourney.   They are scheduled to play in barbers hill again this year.  Maybe I will make it to that game.  I live in NW Houston.

~Kountzer~

SO IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THEM PLAY IN 2 YEARS.... why are you even talking about them... you have no idea how the game really went... you should probably just leave your comments in NW houston

Hey Imma,  grow up a little bit.  Silsbee has a great team this year.  One of the best I've seen in a while.        Even great teams loose sometimes.  Silsbee will be fine.

The last B-ball game I saw was year before last in the playoffs against cleveland in Barbers Hills gym.  Ahmad Jones, and Harper were on that team.  I didn't see last years team, but I followed them in the paper and on the internet.  I was glad to see them finally get past HJ.  Kennedale was too much for them in Austin.   I was in FT Worth/Arlington for thanksgiving.  My money was too funny to make it back up there for this tourney.   They are scheduled to play in barbers hill again this year.  Maybe I will make it to that game.  I live in NW Houston.

~Kountzer~

SO IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THEM PLAY IN 2 YEARS.... why are you even talking about them... you have no idea how the game really went... you should probably just leave your comments in NW houston

Say immabeaking, Kountzer is not running down the Tigers and he is entitled to his opinion. Just maybe he thinks Sanger should be in the polls, ever thought of that? You need to lay off the maroon coolaid just a little bit.

I am a big Tiger basketball backer, I will be broadcasting their games starting next Friday night. But, I know this team is not perfect, and they are capable of having off nights. I knew that Sanger would play a more deliberate style and try to force Silsbee into their kind of tempo. Silsbee didn't show enough patientce and it cost them, along with not executing down the stretch.

Silsbee will be just find. They may even lose a few more, but I still say they return to Austin.

DB

true it is better than to lose in the playoffs.. oh and youre right the polls are inacurate silsbee shold be higher... were you even at the game?... my source says they missed enough free throws and lay ups to win by 30... i know Sanger wasnt better than them... what a fluke... and youre one to talk about the polls being in accurate, youre from kountze they should never have been ranked yall are terrible

It's funny at how terrible you say we are, but how many State Championships has Silsbee won in the past 8 years? Count em please.

Guest immabeaking

DB

It's funny at how terrible you say we are, but how many State Championships has Silsbee won in the past 8 years? Count em please.

its funny how this years team isnt anyone of the teams who played in the last 8 years they were good this years team isnt

Guest immabeaking

Hey Imma,  grow up a little bit.  Silsbee has a great team this year.  One of the best I've seen in a while.        Even great teams loose sometimes.  Silsbee will be fine.

grow up? where did i say anything immature? it is truthful that if you live somewhere completely out of range where the closest game you get to see a team in this area play is in barbers hill how can you comment on the teams anywhere but the teams in your area... it was an off game i know that ive already said they missed enough shots to win by 30... ill defend this team until the end if i have too.. i know theyll be fine they should still score 120 points a game... i know how they can play

Hey guys yall are having a heated disscusion but i am a big time tiger fan, i haven't made all the games but the games that i have seen tells me that this team could potentially be better if they are not already than that 31-1 team just an opinion but the loss to sanger if a suprise to me i was watching for updates a lot yesterday and i shocked me but these things happen just to let these guys know not to get the big head being on the road is tough and in another region of the state with different officials is tough. when i followed the 31-1 team we were not really liked in lufkin and i asked coach sigler to please play somewhere else we played sloppy but our style of play may not be big in some areas for certain officials but we will have to play through that to and we will trust me it is good to play up there and learn that is what these games are for as far as being ranked we could not even be in the polls and still win it all our team will earn their recognition whether in the polls or not.

DB

This is what I mean when I say " grow up a little".  Kountze is not terrible,  they are a very respectible team with lots of tradition.  I agree with you that Silsbee is probably the best team in the area.  They should not loose if they play every game to their full potential.Do this and they will be back in the state tournament again this year.

Guest immabeaking

tradition has nothing to do with talent of the "todays team' tradition has to do with the past and you cant look at the past when playing in the now... it doesnt matter what they did then only now and right nowthis year they arent that good... i dont need to grow up i only tell the truth.... and when the tigers start playing to thier full potential they will win state

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder