Kelly v. St. Pius

SFA

;D Kelly beat St. Pius last night 3-0, with an offensive burst from last years goalie.  He scored 1, assisted with 1 and made the cross that created the St. Pius OG.  I guess the coach's gamble payed off as he pulled the areas best goalie out of the net for a crucial district game and started a freshman in between the sticks.  Soph. MC had the 1st goal and Junior ZC had an assist with the 3rd goal.  The defense lead by Senior BA and Junior HA limited St. Pius's opportunities all night long.  Kelly also got a solid performance out of Freshman goalie WL. Not sure what shark was thinking last night, but it worked.  Kelly is now 2-0 in district with a chance to turn this season around!

First I think there may be a compliment toward the team in there and on that thanks... second.. the team has never been going the wrong direction. We are heading toward San Antonion where the state final four will be.  Records show Kelly is  losing more than winning.  But playing better and accomplishing more with each game is what is needed.  Then winning the games that matter, district games and playoffs, should be the focus.  The young men on this team, and I do mean young have stepped up with each challenge and worked it out.  The direction for any team is to win district and state.  The call last night to play the keeper up front was a no brainer.  He hasnt been in goal for us but once this season, and the freshman has been in goal five games.  The Keeper (who is in my opion the best in the area and probably our classification of TAPPS ), up front has the strongest shot on our team and hits on target.  And I completely agree on the defensive work last night.  Great job... The only one you didnt mention that deserves some was Terrell at center mid.  Thanks for watching the game and please come see all our games and especially friday night ...St Thomas comes to town..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124