*Newton vs. Dangerfield Playoff Updates/Newton Falls Short!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blanco/Refugio

If they get Refigio....They better get ready!  Newton worked them like they weren't expecting it.  Could be tired from this one...not to metion the fact they held Dfield scoreless in the 2nd half.  Great season Newton Kirbyville is proud of you!  Come out next week and support Kville at the title game!

Guest ECBucFan

The basketballs thrown on the field is classless!  I would expect better from fans!!!  Bad Bull Dfield fans!!!

Dang, that is classless. Almost as bad as a coach (twice) going on TV, smirking after a win, and saying "Well, we just didn't play anybody any good". Guess if you dish it out, you have to take it. 

The basketballs thrown on the field is classless!  I would expect better from fans!!!  Bad Bull Dfield fans!!!

Dang, that is classless. Almost as bad as a coach (twice) going on TV, smirking after a win, and saying "Well, we just didn't play anybody any good". Guess if you dish it out, you have to take it.   

You are right, but the fans pulling that makes the entire town look bad!  When people gripe about a coach saying such words they don't mention the fans or town!  If you think that Barbay is classless you have a lot of things to learn!  All coaches say things like that! 

Dude are you STILL singing that same song?  We get it.  In your reality Curtis Barbay is a classless meanie-butt and you filter any comments in such a way as to reinforce your reality.  The rest of us live in a different reality.  Give it a rest.

Jealousy In A Green Eyed Monster Ain't ECBucFan. Kicked BUTT 4 Out Of The Last 4 Times That We've Met And Sent You Packing In Your 1st Round Of This Years Playoffs And You Just Can't Deal. ECBucFan Can Deal The Begebers Out Of That Crap, But Can't Take It. And Still Can't Get Past The 2004, 2005 And 2008 Loses. You And A Few Of The Daingerfield Fans Can Keep Each Other Company In The No Class Required Section. As For The Daingerfield Team And Coaches, Congratulations On Your Win.

These overachieving boys from Newton make me proud. They played their hearts out and left everything on the field. Daingerfield won a tough game and move on. Congrats to them. I think they survived a game they weren't expecting and that's the sign of a championship team. Now , I've said before that Coach Barbay will not tell you what you want to hear, but will tell you what you NEED to hear. One EC fan has to be deaf as well as blind. Your team has made the playoffs , what 14 yrs in a row. That's good. Not winning much in the playoffs is bad. When your beaten twice in the same year by big margins maybe you need to look at the truth instead of looking to blame someone that might know a little bit more about football than you. Great year Eagles and Coach Barbay!

Not to mention he never said "We did not play anyone good" or whatever ECBucFan twisted it into.

What he said was a response to a question by a reporter about a win by a big margin, in the context of a discussion about gearing up for a playoff run.

His actual response was "Well we haven't beat anyone good yet."  The obvious reference being the losses to CC, Diboll, and Kirbyville.  His inference was to slow down on the back patting.  Sure, indirectly that says the team he just beat was not very good, but guess what..they were not.

The main point here is that anyone with their feelings hurt over that comment are going a pretty good bit out of their way to get offended.

haha what was the reason for them throwing basketballs on the field?

Every year a couple teams around the state have fans that do that.  It is a taunt.  The reference being that your football season is over and basketball season starts as you are eliminated.

Normally you hear of this in Bi-district or Area, usually by a team that is new to the playoff scene.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics