Lake Travis vs Alice

Starting them out young w/great Qb's teaching them.Chris Gilbert led Texas to a win over Ole Miss in the late 60's against Qb Archie Manning in the Hoston Bluebonnet Bowl-Boomer Aiasion(mispelled)taught his son a UT qb also.Garrett Gilbert is good because hours & hours were spent w/him growing up.It is the parents responsibility to teach fundementals-The coach to futher develop them.I like Lake Travis by 20.

Guest tigersvoice

Starting them out young w/great Qb's teaching them.Chris Gilbert led Texas to a win over Ole Miss in the late 60's against Qb Archie Manning in the Hoston Bluebonnet Bowl-Boomer Aiasion(mispelled)taught his son a UT qb also.Garrett Gilbert is good because hours & hours were spent w/him growing up.It is the parents responsibility to teach fundementals-The coach to futher develop them.I like Lake Travis by 20.

As I recall, Chris Gilbert was a half-back (running back in today's vernacular) at the University of Texas.  Did he really teach his son the QB skills that the son possesses?

As a parent do you teach your children how to pitch.If they have no clue how can they be coached when the time is now.I had some kids and would pitch easy to them and they would run from it when I coached many years.Parents then want to get on your case for not starting them.I would tell the parent you have neglected your kid about fundementals.Good kid-Your fault.I do not even know if the 2 Gilbert's are related,both live in the area.I was making a point about teaching.Archie Manning did rather well at it and they put on alot of training camps for QB's.Garret is the best I have seen,but like T.Bradshaw you gotta have some great recievers too.

Alice's Schedule this year

opponent                      result

CC Ray                          W 46-14

Scotts Valley , CA            W 42-27

Veterans Memorial            W 57-14

CC Calallen *                  W 22-19

Kingsville King *                W 48-10

Laredo Cigarroa *            W 45-0

CC Flour Bluff *                W 35-21

Tuloso-Midway *            W 33-3

Laredo Nixon *                W 50-6

Laredo L.B.J. *                W 58-0

Mission                          W 56-20 Bi-District

CC Ray                          W 27-17 Area

Lake Travis                Alamodome 

Just cause you have not seen Alice play don't dismiss them that easy.  Their backs are quick and have speed. There Qb hits his marks and can go deep.  The team overall has speed and size.  I spent all last week down in Alice visiting a friend and went to the Mission and Ray playoff games and they were not even close.  I am going with Alice in this one.

Just cause you have not seen Alice play don't dismiss them that easy.  Their backs are quick and have speed. There Qb hits his marks and can go deep.  The team overall has speed and size.  I spent all last week down in Alice visiting a friend and went to the Mission and Ray playoff games and they were not even close.  I am going with Alice in this one.

you gotta be crazy i dont care how much size and speed they have i dont think there's a team in texas that can beat lake travis(5A included)

you gotta be crazy i dont care how much size and speed they have i dont think there's a team in texas that can beat lake travis(5A included)

I'd take Longview or Carter over LT.  Then there's always those Trinity Trojans(since you're all up on LT).....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder