Lake Travis vs Alice

After watching LT against Dayton last year I was impressed with how many kids and the talent level of each kid that they had.  I don't even think the waterboy had to go two ways.  LT SHOULD have been beat last year by HP in the state final game, they were SO beat, but pulled out a win.  I know this goes for any team but until you have seen LT play you will understand why they are the best team in 4A hands down.  They are on the next level.  Watch out 5A they are headed your way and I'm sure they will find another Gilbert in their program.

Just cause you have not seen Alice play don't dismiss them that easy.  Their backs are quick and have speed. There Qb hits his marks and can go deep.  The team overall has speed and size.  I spent all last week down in Alice visiting a friend and went to the Mission and Ray playoff games and they were not even close.  I am going with Alice in this one.

you gotta be crazy i dont care how much size and speed they have i dont think there's a team in texas that can beat lake travis(5A included)

I'd take Longview or Carter over LT.  Then there's always those Trinity Trojans(since you're all up on LT).....

like i said dont think its a team in texas(5a included) that can beat this lake travis team

Ozen have you ever seen Trinty Trogans? the #1 team in the nation? LT is good but they dont match up well with Trinty and nethier does anyone else. Trinty has 2 D1 DBs one commited to UT the other to Kansas. A DT commited to Utah. The Tailback is commited to Nebraska. a LB commited to Nebraska. And those are just there seniors they also have a stud sophmore Tevin Williams.

They have also won 2 state titles in the last 3 years. Now I think Lake Travis is great but they wouldnt beat Euless Trinity. Euless beat Plano 42-35 last week in the playoffs.

Ozen have you ever seen Trinty Trogans? the #1 team in the nation? LT is good but they dont match up well with Trinty and nethier does anyone else. Trinty has 2 D1 DBs one commited to UT the other to Kansas. A DT commited to Utah. The Tailback is commited to Nebraska. a LB commited to Nebraska. And those are just there seniors they also have a stud sophmore Tevin Williams.

They have also won 2 state titles in the last 3 years. Now I think Lake Travis is great but they wouldnt beat Euless Trinity. Euless beat Plano 42-35 last week in the playoffs.

yeah ive seen them play and also know the LB from trinity pretty good(he used to try and get isadore to come to kansas with him when he was committed there)but i dont think any team in texas can beat these guys judson almost beat trinity last year and i dont think trinty matches up well against LT either...........they do have two players on their team going to UT and their both on the same side of the ball

yeah ive seen them play and also know the LB from trinity pretty good(he used to try and get isadore to come to kansas with him when he was committed there)but i dont think any team in texas can beat these guys judson almost beat trinity last year and i dont think trinty matches up well against LT either...........they do have two players on their team going to UT and their both on the same side of the ball

First off, LT runs that spread which IMO, is touch football with pads.  I'll take an I-formation, Oline that average 280 across the board, downhill running team any day of the week against a team like LT....

First off, LT runs that spread which IMO, is touch football with pads.  I'll take an I-formation, Oline that average 280 across the board, downhill running team any day of the week against a team like LT....

WOW---it is also pretty dang effective if you have the horses to run it and LT does---they win in a walk

My purpose in life is live two more weeks to watch Lake Travis show Friendswood what it's all about!. But SFA is right.....Longview takes home the trophy in a smashmouth upset. Alice.....maybe next year

I don't know Hawk.  The Angleton/Central winner will probably beat Friendswood(Angleton already beat them in district) so LT will have to contend with that Reg 3 speed one more time....

My purpose in life is live two more weeks to watch Lake Travis show Friendswood what it's all about!. But SFA is right.....Longview takes home the trophy in a smashmouth upset. Alice.....maybe next year

I don't know Hawk.  The Angleton/Central winner will probably beat Friendswood(Angleton already beat them in district) so LT will have to contend with that Reg 3 speed one more time....

Hope Central doesn't have to play LT

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics