Central vs. Angleton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparisons in second seasons are out the window.Angleton did beat Friendswood and others came real close.This game is about pride and determination so the edge goes to Central.The mustangs are most successful throwing.Jags defense puts pressure on Karum and wins 28-24.Go JAGS.

This would be the second time in history that we face Angleton. They beat us 6 to 0 the first meeting. We beat them down the hole game. Had the game won. Our punter was a three way player. He played WR, S, and Punter. He had got hurt with a few seconds left in the game. We had the game won on penertrations. Would you know we had to punt with seconds left. He couldn't return. Our second punter was a three or four step punter, real odd. We punt the ball, stop the return,and win. Angleton blocks the punt, ball rolls inside of our 5. They score. The rest is history. Heart breaker. Longest ride back to Beaumont ever. That Jaguar team had so much promise. Marcus Maple and company, awesome group.

Angleton looks to me like they run out of the spread.  Their QB leads the charge with a 1300 yard season on the ground and 400 + passing.  Their starting Tailback  just aboove 900 yrds on the season.  The Jags are the epitome of team ball with 5 backs with all over 200 yrd rushing on the season.  Looking at Angleton's games, it looks as if the defense is along the order of Nederland.  The only common foe we have is Lamarque and that was a scrimmage for us.  Dickinson and Brook played within a point of one another -  :-\Brook should have won by 14 :-\ Dickinson blew Angelton out at about the same clip Brook whipped us, and both teams were competitive until the half.  But I don't think they have seen "Organized Chaos" and Angleton will be in touble because teams have run well on them.  Butr after that We have both Friendswood and Lake Travis on our side of the bracket... Bad News for the Jags!

Angleton looks to me like they run out of the spread.  Their QB leads the charge with a 1300 yard season on the ground and 400 + passing.  Their starting Tailback  just aboove 900 yrds on the season.  The Jags are the epitome of team ball with 5 backs with all over 200 yrd rushing on the season.  Looking at Angleton's games, it looks as if the defense is along the order of Nederland.  The only common foe we have is Lamarque and that was a scrimmage for us.  Dickinson and Brook played within a point of one another -  :-\Brook should have won by 14 :-\ Dickinson blew Angelton out at about the same clip Brook whipped us, and both teams were competitive until the half.  But I don't think they have seen "Organized Chaos" and Angleton will be in touble because teams have run well on them.  Butr after that We have both Friendswood and Lake Travis on our side of the bracket... Bad News for the Jags!

Remember, anyone can beat anyone on any given night...I think we've got a good shot at anyone we play in the playoffs...Our kids know how to come out swinging.  Angleton runs a lot of formations from what my brother said...they do a lot of stuff under center, but their QB is the real deal!

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I don't see Beaumont Central staying close to Angleton in this one!

Yeah I think Friendswood does want a rematch against the team that gave them their only loss, plus they are a fellow 24-4A district school.

I remember that game back in 1990 and Central did have alot of talent on that team, but Angleton's defense was lights out that year. That was an exciting game for Angleton, but a heartbreaker for Central.

Now back to 2008 and I think this will be a great game. Athletically, Central should match up well with Angleton. All of their skilled position kids are very fast and athletic and even though they have scored 110 points in the past 2 games, they have done it without their best RB. He may be back this week though, which would be a big boost to Angleton's attack. Central may have faced good rushing teams this year, but I don't think they have faced the speed that Angleton will bring offensively and defensively. Angleton's defense isn't a lights out defense, but they aren't bad. They have real good athletes on that side of the ball. Central should have their hands full and if Angleton gets ahead early, it could be a long night for Central. In any case, I expect a great game by 2 good teams and for all you Central fans driving out to Galena Park, have a save trip to and from there. :)

PS: Friendswood, be careful what you wish for.........

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I don't see Beaumont Central staying close to Angleton in this one!

Yeah I think Friendswood does want a rematch against the team that gave them their only loss, plus they are a fellow 24-4A district school.

I remember that game back in 1990 and Central did have alot of talent on that team, but Angleton's defense was lights out that year. That was an exciting game for Angleton, but a heartbreaker for Central.

Now back to 2008 and I think this will be a great game. Athletically, Central should match up well with Angleton. All of their skilled position kids are very fast and athletic and even though they have scored 110 points in the past 2 games, they have done it without their best RB. He may be back this week though, which would be a big boost to Angleton's attack. Central may have faced good rushing teams this year, but I don't think they have faced the speed that Angleton will bring offensively and defensively. Angleton's defense isn't a lights out defense, but they aren't bad. They have real good athletes on that side of the ball. Central should have their hands full and if Angleton gets ahead early, it could be a long night for Central. In any case, I expect a great game by 2 good teams and for all you Central fans driving out to Galena Park, have a save trip to and from there. :)

Classy post. Also, welcome to the board!

We have been half the year with our one of our best athletes also. He came back for the playoffs. He was a little ginger in the North Forest game, but looked to be to his old self against Lockhart. We have faced fast athletic teams this year. This Angleton team may be up there as one of the best. If we execute on both sides of the ball like I know we can, we edge this one out.

Classy post.  Also, welcome to the board!

We have been half the year with our one of our best athletes also.  He came back for the playoffs.  He was a little ginger in the North Forest game, but looked to be to his old self against Lockhart.  We have faced fast athletic teams this year.  This Angleton team may be up there as one of the best.  If we execute on both sides of the ball like I know we can, we edge this one out. 

very classy post!

But Soulja is right...Our best is yet to come!

Central has faced arguably the best RB in the state of Texas and #4 RB in the nation in West Brook's Christine Michael. What you guys bring to the table will not be anything the Jags haven't seen. Central's defense has been playing "lights out" as well in recent weeks. You guys are probably not the best team Central has faced this year, so I like that Jags in this one.

Central has faced arguably the best RB in the state of Texas and #4 RB in the nation in West Brook's Christine Michael. What you guys bring to the table will not be anything the Jags haven't seen. Central's defense has been playing "lights out" as well in recent weeks. You guys are probably not the best team Central has faced this year, so I like that Jags in this one.

:) :) ;) ;) 8) 8)

Fair enough. Both teams bring alot to the table and this may come down to turnovers and penalties. Angleton is peaking right now and it sounds like Central is too. Playing in a tough district like 24-4A with Friendswood, Texas City, LaMarque (they were somewhat down this year), up and comers Manvel and Pearland Dawson (keep an eye out for these 2 programs next year) really helped out the Cats so far and I know Central playing the likes of Nederland, PNG, Lumberton and Livingston helped out the Jags also. I'm looking forward to seeing this matchup.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83