Kountze at HJ 7:30pm on Tuesday!!!!

Lazeek

Both teams should be at full strength now that football is over for these two teams.  HJ did win a scrimmage at Kountze a few weeks ago but that was without players on both teams due to football.  HJ lost at home last night to Nederland and should be looking to get back on pace Tuesday.

Who wins this one?

Both teams should be at full strength now that football is over for these two teams.  HJ did win a scrimmage at Kountze a few weeks ago but that was without players on both teams due to football.  HJ lost at home last night to Nederland and should be looking to get back on pace Tuesday.

Who wins this one?

The Schedule show Kountze Will Be @ New Waverly 11/24/08 Idont see this game on either schedules.

A few humble suggestions for my beloved Hawks:

1.  If anyone ever throws a box-and-one on Jarvis again, get the ball in Jarvis's hands way up top and go four-flat on the baseline.  There may not be a human who can prevent Jarvis from penetrating.  Jarvis will force the help D and voila, someone's open.

2.  Would everyone please spread the floor and move in the motion offense?

3.  Be a little smarter in gambling in the press, so Phillip and Trent don't get exposed to so darn many two-on-ones and foul trouble.

4.  Make your mistakes at full speed.  Sprint back on D, sprint up your lane on O-- never, never hesitate to sprint; never, never get caught being a spectator.  If you're too tired, raise your fist.  There's no shame in that.  You have to give it your all for this thing to work.

5.  Every bench player needs to stay involved in the game, call out picks and encouragement, know what we're doing and what to do when inserted in the game.  Be ready.

6.  We are shorter than most of the teams we will play.  Block out!  We will have to fight like crazy for rebounds and loose balls.

7.  Remember who you are.

I could, unfortunately, go on and on.  HJ basketball has been one of this old boy's great pleasures for years.  What I saw Friday night, though, was like seeing a turd in the punch bowl and wondering, is it real?  We were just not getting after it.  Anyway, let's learn from that fiasco.  Let's get back to playing Hawk basketball!  A final suggestion:

8.  Relax, smile, have fun out there.

If HJ plays like they did against Nederland, Kountze wins this one easily. Just hope they dont through a box in one on Jarvis again.

HJ has to find someone to turn to after you get past benard, burell, and turner. If teams dont have anyone else to worry about then they can focus all on the big 3. And Nederland showed them that they need more than the 3 to win.

If HJ plays like they did against Nederland, Kountze wins this one easily. Just hope they dont through a box in one on Jarvis again.

HJ has to find someone to turn to after you get past benard, burell, and turner. If teams dont have anyone else to worry about then they can focus all on the big 3. And Nederland showed them that they need more than the 3 to win.

What is a Box in one?????

I have heard of a box and one!!!

Shows your basketball knowledge life123!!

1.  If anyone ever throws a box-and-one on Jarvis again, get the ball in Jarvis's hands way up top and go four-flat on the baseline.  There may not be a human who can prevent Jarvis from penetrating.  Jarvis will force the help D and voila, someone's open.

3.  Be a little smarter in gambling in the press, so Phillip and Trent don't get exposed to so darn many two-on-ones and foul trouble.

4.  Make your mistakes at full speed.  Sprint back on D, sprint up your lane on O-- never, never hesitate to sprint; never, never get caught being a spectator.  If you're too tired, raise your fist.  There's no shame in that.  You have to give it your all for this thing to work.

5.  Every bench player needs to stay involved in the game, call out picks and encouragement, know what we're doing and what to do when inserted in the game.  Be ready.

6.  We are shorter than most of the teams we will play.  Block out!  We will have to fight like crazy for rebounds and loose balls.

I could, unfortunately, go on and on.  HJ basketball has been one of this old boy's great pleasures for years.  What I saw Friday night, though, was like seeing a turd in the punch bowl and wondering, is it real?  We were just not getting after it.  Anyway, let's learn from that fiasco.  Let's get back to playing Hawk basketball!  A final suggestion:

I think that the HJ coaching staff is more than capable of making the adjustments that are needed!!!!

I think that the HJ coaching staff is more than capable of making the adjustments that are needed!!!!

they will indeed make the adjustments but i can account for how every player felt letting down the home crowd on friday so i would not expect to see that HJ team ever again they will be ready for Kountze

I don't think it will be a surprise seeing anyone playing a box in one on Jarvis.A quick guard with a little size can give him a little trouble.I think in the game against Nederland however the hawks just underestimated the bulldogs.You also don't count on anyone lighting you up for 43 from the perimeter.All that being said HJ wins this one.Kountze will press and play a 3-2 with a trap and HJ will be ready for it.Hj wins this one by 10.

HJ-82

Kountze-72

"I think that the HJ coaching staff is more than capable of making the adjustments that are needed!!!!"

Lazeek, you speak the truth.  I was venting.  My bad.

baller001, an early season loss will only make us stronger.    

yeah i know it opened our eyes which need to happen, but that still doesnt ease the disapointment of the loss

"yeah i know it opened our eyes which need to happen, but that still doesnt ease the disapointment of the loss"

See, this is what I love about you guys (HJ players): y'all are great people, and you really care.  We'll all get over it.  Not to minimize the pain of the loss, but this is, after all, merely preseason.  Didn't we lose five games two seasons ago?

"yeah i know it opened our eyes which need to happen, but that still doesnt ease the disapointment of the loss"

See, this is what I love about you guys (HJ players): y'all are great people, and you really care.  We'll all get over it.  Not to minimize the pain of the loss, but this is, after all, merely preseason.  Didn't we lose five games two seasons ago?

Yeah HJ did lose 5 game two season ago but didnt they only lose like 1 home game over the past 2 years? ha just saying.

I wont be able to make this one. We have a game. But give me a good post game summary setxslam like you always do

H-J is a great team, but they will definitely have to come with it when they play Kountze.  They win was against Lumberton was good, but that was with only one practive with the full squad.  I know that H-J will be bouncing back from their lost, but Kountze will also be coming in with something to prove and beating the #1 team in 3A will be a big boost for their road to a great year.  But, a lost is not really that bad, because they have nothing to lose.  Of course, everyone is picking H-J to win, but don't be surprise if Kountze pull this one out.  Overall...will be a great game and the best team that day will win, but ultimately I hope to see both teams go to team state....even though Silsbee will be a big challenge for H-J.

I don't think it will be a surprise seeing anyone playing a box in one on Jarvis.A quick guard with a little size can give him a little trouble.I think in the game against Nederland however the hawks just underestimated the bulldogs.You also don't count on anyone lighting you up for 43 from the perimeter.All that being said HJ wins this one.Kountze will press and play a 3-2 with a trap and HJ will be ready for it.Hj wins this one by 10.

HJ-82

Kountze-72

A championship team does not underestimate anyone.  I guess it would take H-J beating themselves.  It couldn't have been a well executed game plan by Nederland!

Nederland flat-out beat us in every phase of the game.  I have had to rationalize precious few losses, and it is my normal practice to blame a loss on the referees  ;D.  I can't offer that excuse this time.  Nederland was way better than us Friday night.  The Bulldogs played a great game, seemed like great kids with great coaching.  Keep up the good work, and best of luck to y'all the rest of the way.

Nederland flat-out beat us in every phase of the game.  I have had to rationalize precious few losses, and it is my normal practice to blame a loss on the referees  ;D.  I can't offer that excuse this time.  Nederland was way better than us Friday night.  The Bulldogs played a great game, seemed like great kids with great coaching.  Keep up the good work, and best of luck to y'all the rest of the way.

It's good to know I am not the only one that blames the refs. ;)

I didn't mean to imply Nederland didn't play great.I know they are very capable and very well coached.It is easy however for kids to overlook an opponent early in the season.The Hawks win with intense defense,pressure on the ball and bodies flying.From what I hear I don't think that was happening friday.At any rate this looks like the best game Tuesday night so I'll be in Sour Lake.

P.S. I hope Nederland sets the world on fire this year because I love to yell for the underdogs.Go Bulldogs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami