STFL Playoff Scores Week 1

Txdragon

I guess you didn't read I don't have a dog in the fight and BTW I wasn't there. I just was reading this post and yall were going at it about each other haven are not haven class. If yall had it then yall would of just let them get on here and make excuses why they lost and not fall in there trap.

WHO ARE YOU OR ANYONE FROM YOUR TOWN TO JUDGE THIS GROUP OF COACHES ON THEIR CLASS OR YOUR PERCEIVED LACK THEREOF? BOTTOM LINE IS WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. DON'T THIS YEAR AND WONT FOR YEARS TO COME. NO ONE IS PERFECT, BUT ALL THESE GUYS HAVE THESE KIDS BEST INTEREST AT HEART. THEY ARE ALWAYS INVOLVED WITH THESE KIDS,NOT JUST IN FOOTBALL AND SPORTS,BUT ALSO IN SCHOOL AND SCHOOL RELATED ACTIVITIES. EVERYONE TIME SOMEONE LOSES THEY SHOOT OF ABOUT CLASS. lOSING WITH CLASS IS MUCH HARDER TO DO THAN WINNING WITH IT. NOT SHAKING HANDS AFTER THE GAME.......PUNK MOVE! LETS US KNOW WE WHIPPED YA GOOD REGARDLESS OF THE SCORE.  HOPING WE LOSE OUR NEXT GAME AND POSTING IT......PUNK MOVE #2. LETS ME KNOW YOU RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH WHEN U GET EMOTIONAL. THOSE ARE  2 EXAMPLES OF WHAT I THINK IS A LACK OF CLASS. IF YA HAVE NO DOG IN THIS THEN DONT RESPOND TO IT. ITS JUST A FORUM ANYWAY. ITS NOT LIKE EITHER OF US GIVES A CRAP ABOUT HOW WE THINK ABOUT ONE ANOTHER. ITS NOT LIKE LL FOOTBALL REALLY MAKES PEOPLE MAD ENOUGH TO FIGHT!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[move]NEWINDIAN WHERE ARE YOU?[/move]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all been at it hard for the last 4 months and the truth is it's probably starting to wear on everybody a bit. The length of the season is also the reason we have the bad refs and calls... Which seems to be the only thing we can all agree on lately.

There wasn't a game out there today that wasn't a true dogfight till the end. No team should have left the field with their tails draggin in the dirt today... not from what I saw. Every player and coach should have left this afternoon with their head held high congratulating the other team for how they played.

That is especially true for PNG JR White. You fellas had an awesome season and we knew when we woke up this morning it was gonna be a rough day... I went though a half bottle of Tums by noon. Good Game!

The teams advancing to the next round have a couple of weeks to rest and regroup before the 6th and I'd like to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving!

You are right teamraider. That game with PN-G White was awesome. That #11 for u guys handled his buisness today.

You guys came out and i couldnt leave because 5 minutes into the game i could see you guys were ready to play. Your crowd was GREAT!!! The game was great,and that was a pretty big upset today. Thanks for the show raiders.

Hey guys,

I thought emotions got high on the almost World Famous Lumberton Bridge City Brawl, but this is good!

Oh yea, if my math is correct, 5 of 6 Lumberton teams will be playing Dec. 6th.  Not a bad showing for a bunch of worthless coaches.........   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

if ya wanna see emotions get high, come out to Dan Ray Hooks stadium on Dec. 6th and watch WOS Junior Blue battle it out with WOS Junior White.  I can guarantee you that the coaches and fans alike get into the games and this one should be a slobber knocker from beginning to end.  I can also guarantee you that the games will be played with class and when the blue team wins, we will all shake the hands of the white team and tell them what a good game.  :D

thecreppyhippy or whatever his name is,  is just loud mouth and has not added value to any conversation. Why dont you create a post and stay in your corner.

Player 666, I took the 5 minutes to review some of your post and didn't see much value.  What you will find in my post is comments, jokes and my opinion.  You will not find name childish name calling or put downs. So, grow up a little and realize this forum is for everyone and not just for a few....freedom of speech, remember!

And to your point, instead of me creating a post and staying in my corner, perhaps you should start your own forum and invite the people that "think like you do"! 

Yeah we threw a pass with 39 seconds to go, so what.  When we played ya'll a few weeks back, we ran the ball with a few minutes to go, and your coaches still cried.  They went to the meeting and complained and said that we ran a reverse early in the fourth quarter while we were already winning.  The real problem is that you guys need to either win, or learn to wear a loss a little better.  Ya'll are the biggest group of sore losers that I have ever seen.  The part about the kids being cursed at is absolutely ridiculous.  You were not on our side of the field, I was, and that is not true.  Those kids probably said that because they hear ya'll complaining and making excuses from the time the ball is kicked off.  You want to talk about class, how about your team coming up to the line and growling and hollering every play until the ref asked them to please stop.  Do you know that is called taunting?  Or how about when we went to shake hands, half of your kids didn't shake hands and even one of your coaches.  Yeah that's a lot of class.  It is a shame too, because overall your team played well, they were very physical, and we needed a game like this.  My kids came to the sideline and complained about what your kids were calling them all day long, and about your kids grabbing their facemasks as well, but you don't hear me crying about it.  Ask anyone on our sideline what I tell my boys when they complain about these things.  I tell them to let the refs handle it, and the way to get them back is to play physical and beat them on the scoreboard.  I tell them they can't hold you are grab you if they are on their backs.  That's what we teach over hear.  Truth of the matter is, these kids are 9 and 10 years old, and sometimes they may retaliate, but I am the first one too snatch their butts out of the game when they do.  We both agree that the refs were terrible, and I commend Paul and the rest of the Vidor staff for having their team better prepared this time around.  They looked like a whole different team.  Good job.  Just learn to wear a loss a little better, and quit wining and making excuses, it becomes contagious and is a bad example for your boys.  Yeah we threw a pass, I bet you would have enjoyed the pass a little more if your corner had picked it off and ran it back for a TD, huh.  Would that had been better?  Well, it didn't happen, so quit crying Orangeblood!!!!!!!!!! If the ya'll hadn't wined all game, trust me that call would not have been made, but since you want to cry, that was a little something for you to cry about.  Now you have a legitimate gripe.  Give me a break!!!!

After reading all your comment it sound like you threw a pass at the end of the game to run up the score on 9 and 10 year old kids to punish a opposing coach. Dont take it out on his team if you dont like what hes doing talk to him about.

WOS White beat Vidor Black 22-0

Wos was ahead at the half 7-0. Had 3 long td runs and only 1 st down. And they got that 1st down late in the game with 29 sec left and up 22-0, when they decided that they did not have enough points yet.

Good thing that my son ran him down from behind. I really thought that they might even call timeout with 13 secs left to try to score again.

Lots of class shown by the wos coaching staff.

Also like all season long the refs were terrible.

Hats off to the Pirate kids they played with alot of heart.

I am very proud of them.

YEA YOU'LL RIGHT WE THREW A PASS LATE IN THE GAME SO WHAT. THEN U WANNA TALK SMACK ABOUT WE ONLY HAD 2 FIRST DOWNS THE ENTIRE GAME. WHAT WAS THE SCORE AT THE END OF THE DAY? THEY GO ON AND U GO HOME. THE LAST TIME THEY PLAYED YA'LL COACHS CRIED AT THE END OF THE DAY ALSO. WHAT A WAY TO TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO BE SORE LOSERS. BY THE WAY I NO WHY YOU ALL OF CRYING.   YA'LL OR STACK. THAT TELLS ME ALOT BUDDY. THEN U WANNA TALK ABOUT CLASS COME ON BE FOR REAL WON OR LOSE WE SHAKE OTHER TEAMS HANDS AND NEVER CRY ABOUT BEING BEAT. ABOUT THE REFS I NO ONETHING YOU CAN'T MAKE CALLS FROM THE SIDELINE BUDDY. PLUS THE THING ABOUT OUR COACHS CRUSSING OUT YOUR KIDS ISN'T TRUE WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT THEY WERE WINNING AND THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT. YOU GUYS TAKE THE FUN OUT OF FOOTBALL WHEN U CRY ABOUT THING THAT ISN'T TRUE. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD THE HOLD GAME. SO WHAT'S ALL THE CRYING FOR? THE RULES OR WHEN U GET UP BY 28 U TAKE OUT YOUR STARTING BACKFIELD. TRUST ME ON THIS IF WOS DOESN'T FOLLOW THE RULES EVERYBODY WOULD REPORT THEM. THE DIFFERENTS BETWEEN THEM AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS IF OTHERS DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES THEY PROBALLY WOULDN'T REPORT YOU ALL. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

YEA YOU'LL RIGHT WE THREW A PASS LATE IN THE GAME SO WHAT. THEN U WANNA TALK SMACK ABOUT WE ONLY HAD 2 FIRST DOWNS THE INTIRE GAME. WHAT WAS THE SCORE AT THE END OF THE DAY? THEY GO ON AND U GO HOME. THE LAST TIME THEY PLAYED YA'LL YOUR COACHS CRIED AT THE END OF THE DAY ALSO. WHAT A WAY TO TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO BE SORE LOSER. BY THE WAY I NO WHY YOU ALL OF CRYING.    THAT TELLS ME ALOT BUDDY. THEN U WANNA TALK ABOUT CLASS COME ON BE FOR REAL WON OR LOSE WE SHAKE OTHER TEAM HANDS AND NEVER CRY ABOUT BEING BEAT. ABOUT THE REFS I NO ONETHING YOU CAN'T MAKE CALLS FROM THE SIDELINE BUDDY. PLUS THE THING ABOUT OUR COACHS CUSSING OUT YOUR KIDS ISN'T TRUE WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT THEY WERE WINNING AND THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT. YOU GUYS TAKE THE FUN OUT OF FOOTBALL WHEN U CRY ABOUT THING THAT ISN'T TRUE. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD THE HOLD GAME. SO WHAT'S ALL THE CRYING FOR? THE RULES OR WHEN U GET UP BY 28 U TAKE OUT YOUR STARTING BACKFIELD. TRUST ME ON THIS IF WOS DOESN'T FOLLOW THE RULES EVERYBODY WOULD REPORT THEM. THE DIFFENTS BETWEEN THEM AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS IF OTHERS DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES THEY PROBLAY WOULDN'T REPORT YOU'LL.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Glad you didn't try a spell check... Computer would have gone into overload and shut down.  :D

I think WOS follows the rules, but I disgree with you, I think if others dont follow the rules they would be turned in.

There have been rumors for years about Lumberton, BC, Nederland & PNG. I would not take it personal ESP, people just know the truth and like flapping their gums! Keep up the good work WOS.

I wasn't at the game so I probably should not comment at all on anything but I am stupid and feel like I should. I can't say for a fact but I seriously doubt that anyone from WO would be cussing at the kids, I have sat with some of these parents and coaches before our game. Second of all, what is a bomb at this level? It is not like the kids can throw the ball 50 yards into the endzone. Could it have been a 10 yard pass turned into a bomb by an outstanding run? Could it have been an attempt at a first down or show scouts for the next game that you can pass the ball to give them something to think about? Just speculation on my part OK, don't jump all over me lol? The fact is Vidor feels that slighted and you can't change that. If you don't like it there is next year and you can do it to them if you can. One thing I do know about sports, what goes around comes around. If someone is due something it usually comes a callin'. In sports there are winners and losers and my sons team has experienced  both this year. Football is often equated with war, I don't think a war is fought not to win decisively. I was always taught growing up to not complain if they are running up the score but take it out on the field, if not that game then next time. In the wake of the fighting incident I am sorry that anyone feels this way. To be honest in the grand scheme of things, it IS just a game.

Great post Dragon.  You are right, that is exactly what that pass was, it was a 15 yard pass that the kid broke lose and went about 40 yards.  To be honest with you, I had told my offense that they had not completed a pass in the last 3 games, which is sad but true.  The call was made to work on a completing one, and not make it 4 games in a row, and also to give my QB a little confidence heading into the next round.  We also knew that we were being scouted, so we also want our next opponent to know that they have to at least respect the pass.  Oh yeah, we still had timeouts and was about on the 10 yard line after the pass, when we chose to not run another play and just let the clock run out.  If we were trying to run up the score, we could have.  You know Dragon, I just don't understand some of these guys.  If you are whipping my butt, I can not tell you how to whip my butt, it is my job to stop it.  You ever heard a boxer tell the other, "Hey man please don't throw hooks, or right jabs, I have a hard time defending them."  No, you don't.  Stang92 said it best, "It is a lot harder to lose with class than it is to win with class." 

Well said BigD. Hey its football, some folks dont understand what is going on behind the scenes. There would be a problem if you used all your timeouts to throw 3 passes... but you did not, you took a shot, game over. WOS is class, great compitetion. Makes the entire league better.

Guest jackbquick

Great post Dragon.  You are right, that is exactly what that pass was, it was a 15 yard pass that the kid broke lose and went about 40 yards.  To be honest with you, I had told my offense that they had not completed a pass in the last 3 games, which is sad but true.  The call was made to work on a completing one, and not make it 4 games in a row, and also to give my QB a little confidence heading into the next round.  We also knew that we were being scouted, so we also want our next opponent to know that they have to at least respect the pass.  Oh yeah, we still had timeouts and was about on the 10 yard line after the pass, when we chose to not run another play and just let the clock run out.  If we were trying to run up the score, we could have.  You know Dragon, I just don't understand some of these guys.  If you are whipping my butt, I can not tell you how to whip my butt, it is my job to stop it.  You ever heard a boxer tell the other, "Hey man please don't throw hooks, or right jabs, I have a hard time defending them."  No, you don't.  Stang92 said it best, "It is a lot harder to lose with class than it is to win with class." 

This will be the last post from me about this subject because I do not want these few posts that were made when emotions were high to take away from the game or the season that the players on both teams had.The pass was a 3 step go to the outside receiver down the sidelines so call it whatever you like and WOS had already completed a pass earlier in the game right before half so there goes the "lets complete a pass theory." I believe ya'll are playing WOS blue next and I am pretty sure that you 2 know each other very well so I am sure both teams and staffs know what they need to get ready for.Good luck to all of the teams moving on and some things that were said about these kids on both sides were not needed and hopefully will stop.I apologize to anyone that I offended in my last post. See ya'll next year.     

If you want the score kept down then keep it down your self, don't rely on the other coach to do it. Also be accountable for the team you put on the field, if they played their best then win or lose tell them you are proud of the effort and it just wasn't their day, no excuses. Excuses teach kids to blame someone else for their failure and not be accountable for their play, even at 10 years old they can respect that if the coach takes the first step and respects his opponent and the ref's. You don't have to agree with every call, but don't let the griping dominate the day, show your kids how to act and be good sports. You didn't lose 22-0 because of the ref's.

Hey JackBQuick, you are correct we did complete a pass before the half.  It was a HB Pass, you know when the RB throws the ball, not the QB.  Also, WOS Blue's coaches have not had many chances to see us play this year, mainly because of scheduling.  We have played at least three games at different locations this year.  When we have played at the same location, their game immediately follows ours so they are usually warming up for their game.  We don't scrimmage with them, and has not practiced at the same location for a few weeks now.  Don't get me wrong they know all of our kids and their strenghts, but we still have been holding a few plays that were designed just for them.  In fact, Vidor team made me a little nervous saturday, and I had to break out one of them.  Once again, everyone keeps mentioning some things said about the kids, not sure what you're talking about.  I only complimented their team players, it was the coaches whom I thought were out of line.

I just have this to say, my son plays for the vidor junior black team and he told me himself that coaches and kids were cussing them. He also got kneed in the privates and in the chest Do you really think he made that up. I know it is football but enough is enough. We are not whining amd our coaching staff is awesome. Our boys played their hearts out and some of these comments are horrible. Like the best team won, and stop whining. We are trying to protect our kids. We dont like it when we have to protect them from grown ups like yourselves. So remember that they are 9 and 10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami