21-3A All District Picks/TEAM!!

Bobcat1

MVP: Kindra Wright - HF Sr.

Co-Outstanding Setters: Danielle Johnson -HF Sr.Caitlin Callicutt - Silsbee Sr.

Outstanding Outside Hitter: Kalynn Drake -Silsbee Sr.

Outstanding Libero: Mallory Guidry -BC Sr.

Outstanding Middle: Allie Beach -OF Sr.

Newcomer of the Year: Elizabeth Files -HF Jr.

Coach of the Year: Debbie Peltier -HF

Fighting Heart Award -'Becca Mathews -BC Coach

1st Team all-district:

Stacey Davis -Silsbee Sr.

Chastity Foster -Silsbee Sr.

Macy Howerton -HF Sr.

Emily Kosh -BC Jr.

Meagan Leday -HF Sr.

Aimee Scales -OF Jr.

Johnesha Sims -WOS Soph.

Olivia Wagner -OF Sr.

Samantha West -BC Sr.

Kirsten Wheat -HJ Sr.

2nd Team all-district:

Sarah Armand -BC Sr.

Brittany Burrell -Silsbee Jr.

Tori Gardner -Silsbee Jr.

Kaitlynn Henson -OF Fresh.

Shelby Mason -HF Jr.

Taylor McGill -HJ Jr.

Blake McGlaum -HJ Sr.

Sara McPherson -BC Soph.

Ronnee Piggott -HF Soph.

Marcquishola Solomon -WOS Sr.

Morgan Taylor -OF Soph.

Also,

Honorable Mention All-district team was selected by each coach

For BC: Destiny Garza & Marlee Lopez

For OF: Haley Cole & Ashton Wagner

Guest bleed orange

Last time I counted there is 6 positions on the court. Two teams should be 12 not 21. If you count the honorable mentions, I bet every single 6 positions on each team got an award. If you are going to go that far, why not give every single kid who participated an award? ( I did not count the MVP, oustanding or newcomer awards)

i have watched these awards become mroe and more meaningless over the last few years. i have been to the meetings and have heard it said that they wanted to give out as many awards as possible so the girls could feel good about themselves. this is one reason there has been over the past several year so many co mvps, co defensive and offensive players etc. then one year they added a "utilitie player" for someone who came off the bench.... it was also concluded one year that the coaches could pick their own honorable mentions....i personally feel like the smaller the number the greater the award. if you have 6 on the first team and you make it, you should feel really good about yourself. awards like that should be tough to get.

..... but that is just my own ramblings. you know this isn't T ball where everyone has to get something at the end of the season.

Guest bleed orange

i have watched these awards become mroe and more meaningless over the last few years. i have been to the meetings and have heard it said that they wanted to give out as many awards as possible so the girls could feel good about themselves. this is one reason there has been over the past several year so many co mvps, co defensive and offensive players etc. then one year they added a "utilitie player" for someone who came off the bench.... it was also concluded one year that the coaches could pick their own honorable mentions....i personally feel like the smaller the number the greater the award. if you have 6 on the first team and you make it, you should feel really good about yourself. awards like that should be tough to get.

..... but that is just my own ramblings. you know this isn't T ball where everyone has to get something at the end of the season.

I agree Rev.  Bring back the old days.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124