bronco tailgate party

the nederland fans are going to do it for their team. why can't the bronco fans do it for their kids??? come on people, lets get involved in this :'( :'( :'( :'( i've been a devoted bronco fan since 1987 when i moved here. i've stuck with these guys through thick and thin. always will be a bronco fan haven't missed a game since 87. that should tell yall something. i pull for these guys. i talk dayton football everyday. i'm proud of these kids. lets let them know that the city of dayton is behind them. i know i am. they're representing our city and county. good luck broncos i know i'm behind you 100%. i know yall can do it. always believe  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Anyone know anybody in the Booster Club?  I've got Friday off and I could start putting something together for Friday afternoon.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'll be happy to do the cooking...I've got a fairly decent sized pit I could bring and throw a brisket on.  There's plenty of cook off teams from Dayton that compete in the Old Tyme Days every year.  Anyone know someone that does that?  We'd need some stereo equipment for music but if we want to serve alcohol then we'll have to find another place besides the WWJH Parking Lot.  Anyone have any ideas...what about the parking lot in front of the old American Rice Growers Dryer in the middle of town?  If we can get the booster club involved then we could get some donations.  I'll start looking for a place and the equipment...feel free to add to this list

Required:

Location - School means no alcohol

BBQ Pit

Lots of Meat - Ribs, Brisket, Pork Chops, Sausage

Sides - Beans, Potato Salad, Chips

Drinks - Soda, Water

Music - Stereo equipment or a live band if anyone happens to know one around there

Seating - Tables and Chairs - maybe one of the churches would lone tables and chairs?

Optional:

Beer or BYOA

Washers or other yard game

Prize to raffle off

Blow up jumper for kids

Let's get this going...and someone find me a name of someone in the booster club...the school doesn't even know anyone in the booster club.  Where in the heck is the booster club?

:-[ Dayton don't have team spirit like  Nederland and PNG, livingston some times fan yell and some time not  they need to get noise makers, like cow bells and cans with rocks to make some noise. the players like that .  tailgate would be nice ,  but last home game i showed up at WWJ  no one was there ,what kind of team spirit is that. the Athletic Booster club don't care about the BRONCOS they care about who they can impress. Mike George did last tailgate at Galena Park.   :-\

Last year I started the tailgate thing beginning the third game of the playoffs. That's my intent for the third game.

I purposely would not want to do a tailgate at a home game because it hurts concessions. You guys are asking where the Booster Club is, well the Booster Club has a tailgate at every game - it's called their concession stand so go get a turkey leg or something else and help the Dayton Bronco Booster Club and the Dayton Band and others who have the concessions rather than devising a way to cut into their business. When you're at a neutral site, then fine and next week, there will be a tailgate.

At least that's how I feel about it.

Hmmm...I didn't realize it was the "Booster" Club's job to ensure profit maximization from concessions for the band.  If the "Booster" Club really felt that way then they could hold a fundraising event (like a tailgate) where all the proceeds benefit the other school activities that are going on at the game.  If you want to go and stand in the line for the concession stands and miss at least a quarter then be my guest.  Since it doesn't look like we'll get support from the "Booster" club we can still have our private tailgate just as the Texans, Longhorns, etc... have.  I'll start planning a location, time, etc...and I'll post it later on.  Probably start around 2 or 3 on Friday afternoon.

:-[ Dayton don't have team spirit like  Nederland and PNG, livingston some times fan yell and some time not  they need to get noise makers, like cow bells and cans with rocks to make some noise. the players like that .  tailgate would be nice ,  but last home game i showed up at WWJ  no one was there ,what kind of team spirit is that. the Athletic Booster club don't care about the BRONCOS they care about who they can impress. Mike George did last tailgate at Galena Park.   :-\

Yea we were there at WWJH that last week of the reg. season also. We put our little set-up out but no one else showed. Felt a little silly actually. So we closed up around 5. We wrote it off to being deer season and Friday.

Hey Knightrider I'm with ya man!!! I think they should move the normal school pep-rally to the WWJH parking lot for the fans. Have you ever been to a Bronco pep-rally? They get that gym-a-rockin! That lady that mc's it (can't remember her name) she does a great job. I've supported these broncos for a long time as well, along with hundreds if not thousands of other fans. It would really be nice to see the school show a little appreciation for the fans...like a Pep-Rally/Tailgate Party. I mean, how many chances do you get at a 2nd round home game?

I had envisioned a big party in that parking lot because it is next to the stadium. The Bronco band, players, cheerleaders, STEPPERS (cause my daughters one) and so forth. And if the Booster club is so worried about losing a few bucks off Turkey legs, then leave the food out! But it would be nice to see someone saying hey, thanks Bronco fans for showing up in droves they way you do.

Yea we were there at WWJH that last week of the reg. season also. We put our little set-up out but no one else showed. Felt a little silly actually. So we closed up around 5. We wrote it off to being deer season and Friday.

Hey Knightrider I'm with ya man!!! I think they should move the normal school pep-rally to the WWJH parking lot for the fans. Have you ever been to a Bronco pep-rally? They get that gym-a-rockin! That lady that mc's it (can't remember her name) she does a great job. I've supported these broncos for a long time as well, along with hundreds if not thousands of other fans. It would really be nice to see the school show a little appreciation for the fans...like a Pep-Rally/Tailgate Party. I mean, how many chances do you get at a 2nd round home game?

I had envisioned a big party in that parking lot because it is next to the stadium. The Bronco band, players, cheerleaders, STEPPERS (cause my daughters one) and so forth. And if the Booster club is so worried about losing a few bucks off Turkey legs, then leave the food out! But it would be nice to see someone saying hey, thanks Bronco fans for showing up in droves they way you do.

don't really need the food. just the fans show up to support the kids. the pep rally would be great though. i've been to a few. they're wild lol. i like that. try to see if you can get them to have the pep rally at the junior high friday afternoon hawkeye. would be great.

Pep Rally is one thing the school can do to get the kids fired up.  For those want a little food and fun before the game...that's the tailgate.  I'm thinking we may start a little bit later since most people do work on Friday.  Probably around 5 or so and I'd like to get it a little closer to the stadium so everyone could walk over there.  I'm open for any good sites where people could park.  Anyone know someone at the bus barn? 

Pep Rally is one thing the school can do to get the kids fired up.  For those want a little food and fun before the game...that's the tailgate.  I'm thinking we may start a little bit later since most people do work on Friday.  Probably around 5 or so and I'd like to get it a little closer to the stadium so everyone could walk over there.  I'm open for any good sites where people could park.  Anyone know someone at the bus barn? 

I always park at the JH, not too far to walk IMO... I was actually gonna recommend starting later. the parking lot really doesn't clear out until after 3.

Alright I've got a location.  We've got permission to use the land right behind the flagpole at 146 and 90.  It's a 4 minute walk to the stadium, you can park there, and it's private land so we can throw whatever sort of party we wish to throw.  I just need help with the other items and anyone willing to donate their time.  If we make this a little more official then we may get Thriftee or Brookshire to donate some of the food products. 

Location - 146 and HWY 90 behind the flagpole

BBQ Pit - Have one but could use a bigger one

Meat - I've got plenty of pork sausage and some chops...probably get a brisket or two depending on who will show

Fixin's - still needed

Stereo equipment - need help on this one

There's always the option of throwing the old fashioned tailgate where you bring your own stuff without anything organized but that area will be open for parking free of charge...probably BYOA as well.  Anyone interested?  I may put out an announcement on Shine all 9 if there seems to be enough interest in organizing this...

My daughter is a Varsity Cheerleader, i will text her and ask her to speak to the cheerleading sponsor to see if having a lil' pep rally would be OK at the flag pole. what time do we need to have the cheerleaders their? i know they are usually at the field @ 6pm. I think 5pm would be great.

I think having everyone bring their own supplies would be a good idea. My bunch will be there @ 5pm. I am so proud of these boys and the coaching staff, they are doing a great job.

HOOK'em Broncos!!!

Hmmm.....BYOA and then walk across state hwy 146? Watch your step there ROLLINAC! But I'll admit it does sound fun if you could pull it off. I called the principle (waiting on a call back). Maybe we could combine the two (pep-rally & tailgate party) minus the alcohol of course. But keep on planning your thing in case the school doesn't get on board. I'll post when I hear back from her.

My daughter is a stepper and I'll see if they can stop by and throw down one of their pep-rally routines.

Would be great to have the Cheerleaders/Booster Club/School on board.  If we do we'll have to cut all the alcohol out of the "official" part of it but it is private property and as far as I know you are allowed to consume your own on private property.  Still waiting on a ruling from the city on whether that's legal or not.  As far as everything else, we're planning right now to just have a tailgate with no school sponsored activities but we're (we're being me thus far:) open for any ideas or suggestions.  Just want to get together and get fired up before the game!!!  Any ideas or suggestions are definitely welcome...perhaps someone even knows of a purple face painter.

Alright got some news on the tailgate front.  It's on private property so alcohol is legal but I got a pretty stern warning from the police chief about anyone misbehaving if there are minors around.  Hence, it'll now be a byo whatever and don't cause any trouble.  Also, THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO MINORS POSSESSING OR CONSUMING ANY ALCOHOL.  If there are any school sponsored activities going on...ie the cheerleaders show up...then there will be no alcohol involved from anyone. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476