West Hardin, Evadale & Hull-Daisetta

Joharr73

We all love to hate on each other and thats part of the fun on here.  I think it's time to pull together and show all these young men in District 23 our support.  How awesome would it be for our district to win both Divisions State Playoffs?  I wish the very best to all 3 teams in their future games.

Good luck Gentlemen!!! 

Here's some interesting stats, projections, and rankings for the area 1A teams if anyone is interested.

All three teams are under-dogs against their 22A opposition. All three are also ranked in the bottom half of the 48 teams left in 1A according to the Padilla poll.

Of the remaining 48:

#29 Hull-Daisetta

#30 Evadale

#48 West Hardin

The predictions are as follows:

#13 Mart by 10pts over Hull-Daisetta

#21 Normangee by 6pts over Evadale

#27 Bremond by 21pts over West Hardin

The Oilers get to play the lowest ranked team despite qualifying as the 3rd place team. If they are able to pull off the win, they'd get fairly lucky again by having to play the winner of #19 Cayuga vs. #41 Bowie. After that it gets pretty nasty, as Div.II Reg III is loaded.

Evadale has a winnable game vs. Normangee who is favored by only 6 points. Unfortunately for the Rebels, they have to play the winner of #4 Maud vs. #15 Grapeland in the next round if they win. It's even rougher after that unless the Oilers make it through the Reg III guantlet to matchup with the Rebs in the Regional final.

Hull-Daisetta is playing the highest rated team, in D22 champion Mart. If they win this one, they have the easiest road to the state championship game. They will play the winner of #16 Alto vs. #46 Hawkins. HD would only have to get through one top 10 1A team (#8 Goldthwaite)  which would be in the state-semifinals before most likely running into DI favorite #3 Canadian.

With the bye's and only one team going Division I, Hull-Daisetta only has to win 4 games for a state championship!!  Win this week and they are in the Region Final/State Quarterfinals. Pretty crazy.

[move]Let's Go Bobcats!!!                          Let's Go District 23A                      It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!!![/move]

hope all the teams the best but idk y everyone is getting thier hopes up for these games it would be different if this was a first round game but these are second round teams they are playing and can anyone tell me the last time one of these three teams won a first round playoff game? sorry im just being realistic

hope all the teams the best but idk y everyone is getting thier hopes up for these games it would be different if this was a first round game but these are second round teams they are playing and can anyone tell me the last time one of these three teams won a first round playoff game? sorry im just being realistic

Last time I checked there was a first time for everything. Nobody in the state had Normangee picked to beat Itasca. That is why you play the game.

not so wise one...no one wants your negative comments..were trying to support our teams here..we can do without the trash talk..

not so wise one...no one wants your negative comments..were trying to support our teams here..we can do without the trash talk..

We're all realistic, but want to give our 23A boys some positive energy going into these tough playoff weeks.

Good luck to you guys as well...  Everybody comes home either heartbroken or elated, just be sure everybody gets home...  I can live with the results of the games either way.

Well, that was very nice rablwo...come over to the visitors side and I'll by you a hot link, if we're winning... ;D

I am not as fimiliar with this board as my home.  But, teach me how to send a message here and I'll give you my cell#.  We can meet before the game.  It wont take a hot link; a hand shake will suffice.  I've met a bunch of posters before, from all over the state, it is a good thing.  We are all in the same little pool in 1A.

Good luck to you guys as well...  Everybody comes home either heartbroken or elated, just be sure everybody gets home...  I can live with the results of the games either way.

Well, that was very nice rablwo...come over to the visitors side and I'll by you a hot link, if we're winning... ;D

nice smart alec remark Bigshmo...real nice

Go back to sleep nugget...

I'm sending you an email rablwo, wouldn't mind meeting you before the game, us 1A guys gotta stick together!!!

Harris Poll this week.  It is not pretty for D23, but that is why we play the game.

A TOP TEN AND HOW THEY FARED

1. Stratford (9-1) bye

2. Canadian (9-1) bye

3. Roscoe (10-1) beat Bronte, 55-14

4. Mart (9-2) beat Axtell, 26-22

5. Albany (11-0) beat Rotan, 70-13

6. Grapeland (8-3) beat Mt. Enterprise, 53-33

7. Iraan (11-0) beat Seagraves, 35-19

8. Cayuga (9-2) beat Tenaha, 18-16

9. Maud (11-0) bye

10.Burton (9-1) bye

1A DIVISION I PLAYOFF PAIRINGS

REGION I

(9-1) Canadian (17) vs. Wellington (11-0)

(8-3) Morton (4) vs. Stanton (6-5)

REGION II

(7-3) Seymour (4) vs. Stamford (8-3)

(11-0) Boles (3) vs. De Leon (10-0)

REGION III

(5-5) Hawkins vs. (30) Alto (7-3)

(9-2) Mart (28) vs. Hull-Daisetta (7-2)

REGION IV

(10-1) Goldthwaite (7) vs. Shiner (8-1)

(8-3) Junction (17) vs. La Villa (9-2)

1A DIVISION II PLAYOFF PAIRINGS

REGION I

(9-1) Stratford (24) vs. Nazareth (9-2)

(5-6) Ralls vs. (37) Sundown (9-2)

(7-3) Sunray (1) vs. Clarendon (9-2)

(11-0) New Deal vs. (10) Iraan (11-0)

REGION II

(10-0)Archer City vs. (11) Roscoe (10-1)

(7-4) Lindsay (21) vs. Perrin-Whitt (9-2)

(6-4) Windthorst vs. (17) Albany (11-0)

(6-5) Muenster (7) vs. Gorman (6-4)

REGION III

(10-0) Maud vs. (7) Grapeland (9-2) (7-4) Normangee (20) vs. Evadale (8-2)

(7-3) James Bowie vs. (25) Cayuga (9-2)

(10-1) Bremond (42) vs. West Hardin (5-3)

REGION IV

(8-3) Bosqueville vs. (11) Burton (7-2)

(8-3) La Pryor (13) vs. Falls City (8-2)

(7-4) Chilton (8) vs. Ganado (6-3)

(8-3) Mason (27) vs. Bruni (9-1)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami