Big Sandy Wildcats

He was a big part of this team last year and a good ball player dont get me wrong but the wildcats proved that they could do it without him during the playoffs last season. They will have 3 post players that will be ready 2 step up and ready play

Coach Foster will have the post players ready to go

He was a big part of this team last year and a good ball player dont get me wrong but the wildcats proved that they could do it without him during the playoffs last season. They will have 3 post players that will be ready 2 step up and ready play

McKinney was the heart and soul of last years club, had he stayed healthy they would have had a legitamate shot at the title.His biggest contribution was his leadership ability,some of the younger guys will have to step up there but I don't think there is a big guy in BS that can fill his shoes in the paint.

Mckinney was a good post player i wouldnt go as far as "Heart and soul of the team" troy langley was also a senior and had a big part and leading this team trough the playoffs each member of last seasons ball team had a part of last seasons sucsess i do recall another big guy stepping up when Mckinney was hurt and filling that spot. I had a chance to go to the scrimmage last night and had 3 post players step up and fill that spot this team dosent hurt with him gone they have good senior leadership comeing from corey tolar and melton abbey. good job last night wildcats

Gotta respectfully disagree OT30.When the Wildcats needed someone to steady the ship last year they pounded it inside to McKinney.The 2 guys they have playing the post this year will do a good job but neither is the player McKinney was.I was impressed with 2 of there guards in the first half at Spurger tonight #23 and #24.They played well,Coach Foster looked at lots of players in the second half and the Wildcats struggled a little.Overall it was a good workout and will help get BS ready for the season.

Gotta respectfully disagree OT30.When the Wildcats needed someone to steady the ship last year they pounded it inside to McKinney.The 2 guys they have playing the post this year will do a good job but neither is the player McKinney was.I was impressed with 2 of there guards in the first half at Spurger tonight #23 and #24.They played well,Coach Foster looked at lots of players in the second half and the Wildcats struggled a little.Overall it was a good workout and will help get BS ready for the season.

When the season start #23 and #24 will be #10 and # 3

i know there is not really a winner in a scrimmage but for these two team I'm pretty sure they had all their players

so I'm just going to ask which team put up the most points between spurger nd big sandy

The thing to remember here is this was a scrimage. Both coaches trying different combo's of players and plays, so who won or put up the most points? I do not remember. I was busy watching what each were doing and the match ups. It was a scimage you know.

You know the deal, 2 8:00 qtrs and then jv goes for 2 8:00 qtrs and then back to varsity. They went through the rotation I guess three times?

It was fairly even. Spurger I believe walked off the court after each rotation with the lead, but again, what does that mean? Spurger would make a strong push and go ahead by 6-8 and then BS would make a run and tie it up or go ahead. I was really impressed with the consistant steady play of BS. They definitely have a shooter that I think was on jv last year.

Keep in mind, Spurgers coach came from BS, so they know each other and what each is "thinking".

The BS fans turned out for this one. I am always impressed with their fan base.

If they meet up in a "real' game, it would be a good one.

Missed seeing you there Catman.

:);):);):);)

Big Sandy had the lead after the the first 2 quarters.Spurger led at the end of the next 2.Both clubs had all there kids because neither plays football.Both clubs will be respectable but neither had the strong inside game they had last year.BS turned the ball over way to much trying to make the entry pass but Foster will correct that I'm sure.Spurger looked about like I thought they would with a really young club.Both clubs scored in the 40 pt range so neither really lit it up.I was surprised neither club played any pressure defense.I expected to see that from the Pirates because they are pretty small but will be quick enough to press some.

Big Sandy had the lead after the the first 2 quarters.Spurger led at the end of the next 2.Both clubs had all there kids because neither plays football.Both clubs will be respectable but neither had the strong inside game they had last year.BS turned the ball over way to much trying to make the entry pass but Foster will correct that I'm sure.Spurger looked about like I thought they would with a really young club.Both clubs scored in the 40 pt range so neither really lit it up.I was surprised neither club played any pressure defense.I expected to see that from the Pirates because they are pretty small but will be quick enough to press some.

Spurger had a couple of starters that were off their game and the ball just didn't fall for them, 2 players that played with the J.V. & on the varsity that night, ( not sure were these 2 will end up playing ) in my opinion they need to be on Varsity, the point guard impressed me the most in this game!

Thats not unusual with a young club.The kid that played the point with the knee brace is going to develop in to a pretty good player.The Whittaker boy is also going to make a pretty good player although he struggled with his shot last night.I didn't see the threat to hit the 3 last night that the Pirates had last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• Nice deflection, too. No mention of Trump using an African American church to look like he’s the minority’s friend then walking out the back door and going to a white supremacist laced rally hosted by Charlie Kirk aka “The Civil Rights Act Was A Bad Idea”.  
    • Remember when someone said they were stepping away from this forum?  What a glorious 2 minutes that was.  Now, if I may attempt an impression, “You knuckle-draggers are idiots and I am going to sit here and ridicule you about everything!  (Tongue sticking out🤪)”.  
    • There was a national media outlet I used to love to watch.  I worked midnights for years and would come home and get caught up on all the latest headlines.  The anchors were humorous, had catch phrases and presented the sports hi-lights from the previous day.  They had fun segments where they would show the top 10 and not top 10 of the night or the week.  New ownership took over and started pushing agendas and politics.  Sports was pushed down to secondary status after indoctrination.  I phased out of watching the channel altogether.  Started watching again after years of being away because my favorite sporting event is exclusively on that channel.  Lo and behold nothing has changed.  They have complete segments dedicated to hi-lighting those on the “front-line” of social change and isolating 98% of the clientele who just wish to watch sports.  They have laid off tons of long time and popular hosts.  They have fired anchors for not bowing to their woke ideology.  Would someone step up and finally create another sports network to compete with the woke 4-letter network? Sad!!!!  Sports should be a refuge from the day to day grind.  Sports should be a haven to get away from wokeness.  You may now tune back to your regularly scheduled programming.  I am off the soapbox.
    • How did you achieve such lofty status? You’re occupying a high seat of judgement when  you make such all encompassing proclamations. 
  • Topics