**Anahuac at Buna/28-21 Anahuac/Comments**

Anahuac 28-Buna 21.  What a game.  Back and forth, defensive battle.  Both offenses had some explosions, both defenses came up with some big stops.  If you missed this one, you missed the game of the year in 23-2A.  Deior McNeil had a big game for the Panthers, while Blanton Craft had a fine performance for the Cougars.  Congrats to Coach Barbay and the Panthers.

Both teams had a great game! Nail biter to the end. Congrats to both teams. The best part of the game was after both teams had shook hands and the panthers had celebrated their win. As the buna players were walking off the field, I heard several panther players calling for craft. Then a lot of panther and cougar players stayed on the field, and shook hands again. That is CLASS!

You know the greatest lessons in life can be learned on the field of battle. When those kids from Anahuac called Craft back out it was a testament to the game.  This is what this game is all about.  When all is said and done and the smoke has cleared and all the mistake where made by OC and DC and people on the internet.... competitive camaraderie comes through.  Let the kids play and let the true human spirit come through. 

We should have taken a TO when we were aligned wrong. My son said that it really hurt us “Coaches Words†But nicer.  My thought is why a coach didn’t know that it was wrong. Did we have any time outs?  Who is in charge of calling them when a back is lined up wrong?  Does a coaching staff ever practice these situations?  Buna has done well in the past few years, are we over our heads?  Come on OC and DC…..HELP!!!!!

On a positive note we got to win against EC to get in, you can do it boys. Let’s make it three years in a row.  Overcome you short comings and man up... lets go cougars....  You are awesome. Believe and nothing is impossible... and let’s go coaches get them prepared!

Arkansasthriller I have a few questions for you! Did the OC or the DC tell the buna kids to fumble, or for the quarterback to open the wrong way on more than one play? The kids play the game and the coaches coach the game to the best of their ability. Why does every parent seem to know everything when their team loses and when they win the coaches are the greatest? This may come as a shock but during the heat of a game is harder to think of everyting than to sit here on Friday night at 11pm or Saturday and say we should have done this ot that. Buna has come along way in the last 3 years and you guys act like when the kids lose it must be the coaches fault. One play does not win or lose a game. If I remember right BUna had the ball inside the 20 3 different time and got no points, but I guess the OC is to blam for that. The defense gave up 28 points, so the DC MUST have done a terrible job during the week. How about the kids played hard and ANahuac played hard and it just went Anahuac's way. Best of luck cougars the rest of the way and remember what E-C did last year, win and repesent the district in the playoffs for the 3RD year in a row. Bobcat55 is on your side and will always be proud of you guys no matter what happens!! Arkansasthriller if you are a true Cougar supporter than do not post these threads that will cause the kids to think that they can not trust their coaches. What a grown man would do is call the coaches and ask a question or just keep the option to yourself. The kids have to believe in their coaches and I would bet that the majority of the community does as well.

Couldn't have sad it any better myself Bobcat55.  Fumbles may have cost us the Anahuac game(they played better), fumbles may have cost us the Hardin game (Hardin just whooped us).  Questioning play calling or schemes is a right every football fan has, but on a forum where so many young football players hang out, it could lead to some dissention among area teams.  As I have stated all year long, I do not predict the outcome of high school athletics, the reason, they are kids, you just never know what is going on in their heads.  Praise them for their efforts, question the coaches on your own time.  Go Cougars!

I may have jumped the gun in frustration. I apologize for the comments that may have jeopardized the coach player relationship.  I understand that Buna has come a long way; I have just set my heart on winning it all.  The coaching profession is much like the officiating I have done in the past, it is open to criticism, understanding that is part of the game.  To the players I apologize, to the coaches, I apologize, but make no bones about it, we can all learn from our mistakes.  Good luck Coogs, I hope we get in with all my heart.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed