**Orangefield at WO-S/67-0 Final/Comments**

Guest bleed orange

Here is my take on the game. NO you cannot tell kids to lay down. Some kids don't get that many chances and they want to impress the coach for more playing time. NO kid that has a competitive nature will ever lay down and neither will a coach. We beat Kountze 99-0 my junior year. People could not believe it. We ran quarterback sneaks for touchdowns. I think the score could have been worse. ( OF vs WOS) But that is OK. Orangefield will have their day. It may take a while but it will come. I have the up most respect for Dan Hooks and his staff. He is fortunate. The people of WOS let him coach and in the process turn boy's into men. Some schools do not have that luxury. We use too, but not anymore. I still believe and always will. There is always hope.

Nice statement...  The OF kids certainly deserve more than what the coaching staff allowed them to do tonight regarding their performance.  How many times can you run the same running play up the middle?  WOW... that's a head scratcher there. The OF players didn't stand a chance when you can stack 11 men in the box play after play.  It's no wonder the 'Stangs held them to just 40 yards and NO 1st downs.  Certainly OF has better talent than what they showed?  However, it's kinda difficult to showcase that talent when your OFC only has 2 plays in the play book.  Nice...  ???

No Comment.

Well just from looking at the box score.... and not getting any 1st downs... puts your Defense on a short porch all night... I noticed there weren't any 50,60 or 70 yard runs or passes from WO-S which means they probably were in OFs backyard most of the night... You can not take away from a kid that is 2nd string getting to play on a Friday night... He has to be groomed for next year.. If you put him in and then make it hard for him to make plays your kill his spirit, then when you need him to turn it on its just not there... I would rather have my ARSE kicked up around my ear drums then have a team come out and lay down and not play my team hard... when you ask your team to play down to another team you do nothing but hurt your own team... I can see not throwing the ball deep when you have a big lead... but if your running your 2nd QB and WR who will be your 1st string next year you have to get them some playing time in game time situation so that next year they have an idea of what to expect... I do fell bad for OF and Coach Morrison but when you line up on the football field you don't go out there expecting someone to take it easy on you... that would be more disrespectful in my book than beating them 210-0. Coach Hooks and his staff have to worry about their team and playoffs... they have to be in tune and running on all cylinder so they can make it past the 3rd or 4th round... but laying down, pulling back, or doing anything that disrupts your rhythm this late in the season just wouldn't be acceptable...

Just my opinion.

WOS only gives up 7 points in district..............WOW!!!!! :o :o :o :o

It was 14

7 to Silsbee, 7 to Bridge City...

I also heard WOS did a lot of taking time off the game clock and waiting to snap the ball. I know both sides of teams and respect both sides a lot. I know for a fact Hooks does not take pride in embarrassing another team, mainly because of the players. He especially does not like it when it is another Orange County team. Hooks is smart enough to know the Mustangs can score a ton on OF, give the man a little credit. Backup running backs had 19 carries for the Mustangs against the Bobcats. Ask me and that is attempting to slow down on offense.

Good luck to the Mustangs and congrats to the Bobcats on a hard fought season. No Bobcat team can ever be accused of lacking effort, it is a great tribute to them, their fans and coaches. You can't let a blowout loss to WO-S bother you, you aren't the only ones it happened to this season.

Those coaches strive for perfection especially on defense.  That is what makes WO-s who they are.  No first downs is nothing short of perfection.  Just complete domination.  A team shouldn't have to apologize for that.  You will always have a few complain about running it up, but unless you are running reverses and throwing bombs in the 2nd half then don't sweat the critics and keep tearing them up on the field.  Congrats and I hope you, kirbyville or newton can bring a trophy back to our area.

Congrats Mustangs for the win. 

You know, JUST making it to the third round of the playoffs every year is no small task.  It's comical how that statement always ends up on our threads.  I wish we would win state every year, but I;m always proud of our players for JUST MAKING IT IN THE PLAYOFFS.  Hopefully, we'll do better this year.

As for our district, until realignment this year, we had a pretty tough district.  We are fortunate that we did not end up tied up for district this year (Silsbee game).

As far as "class", our coaching staff has it.  They expect it from their players and you would be hard-pressed to find another program that expects the discipline that WO-S does.  I have said before, these coaches are much more than coaches and this program is about so much more than football... 

That, I know.

No one is asking the players to lie down and back off.  However, calling time out twice with two minutes left in the first half so your offense can score one more touchdown was low class for the Mustang coaches.

If you don't want to get blown out, you should play better. That's putting it as politely as I can, because once it was obvious that the game was in hand, this became a tune-up for the playoffs. I'm sorry our friendly neighbors had to be the team we were trying to tune up against, but the chips just fell that way.

No one is asking the players to lie down and back off.  However, calling time out twice with two minutes left in the first half so your offense can score one more touchdown was low class for the Mustang coaches.

really? seriously? is there a coach in north american football on any level that calls off the hounds in the first half of a game? if so, why???

further, the only reason your statement could have any merit at all, is if anyone on planet earth believed that the reason the WO-S coaches did it was to make some sort of statement by running up the score on Orangefield. does anyone really believe that? come on, what does WO-S have to prove? and of all teams why would it be Orangefield?? they are our closest neighbors and we have NEVER had a conflict with them - EVER. if this were M-LC or maybe even Bridge City, you would still be wrong, but there's enough sour grapes there to support the allegation and let you people make yourselves feel better i guess.

has it ever occurred to you that in games, teams are frequently confronted with the situation of trying to manage the clock and score before a half runs out? have you considered that that situation varies significantly from regular game situations? have you considered that the playoffs start next week and that clock management can be very tricky, especially in high school and that it is helpful to a team to practice it in a game situation anytime they get a chance? did you think at all before you posted?

Speaking for myself, and I believe most other OF fans, I don't have any harsh feelings towards WO-S because of the game. It was the best team in the district against the worst team (record wise) in the district. WO-S could have scored 90 if they had really wanted to. They did put in some second string players in the 4th quarter and did wait until the play clock ran down to snap the ball to get the game over with. They are really clicking on all cylinders right now and I wish them the best of luck in the playoffs.

Speaking for myself, and I believe most other OF fans, I don't have any harsh feelings towards WO-S because of the game. It was the best team in the district against the worst team (record wise) in the district. WO-S could have scored 90 if they had really wanted to. They did put in some second string players in the 4th quarter and did wait until the play clock ran down to snap the ball to get the game over with. They are really clicking on all cylinders right now and I wish them the best of luck in the playoffs.

Agreed!  The fourth quarter it seemed like WOS ran the same exact play every play and we still could not stop it.  Like someone else said on here what does WOS have to prove against OF.  We don't have a history.  I respect them and I think alot of WOS people respect us too.  I know Hooks and Morrison are good friends and speak all the time.

Agreed!  The fourth quarter it seemed like WOS ran the same exact play every play and we still could not stop it.  Like someone else said on here what does WOS have to prove against OF.  We don't have a history.  I respect them and I think alot of WOS people respect us too.  I know Hooks and Morrison are good friends and speak all the time.

a lot of of wos fans do respect orangefield.  i am one of them, every year i pull for the bobcats to make the playoffs.  8)

I pull for OF every game but one. I know several of those kids.

Isn't that a bit much Coach Hooks?  No class.  No respect for your opponent.  If Orangefield had did you wrong or beat you like that last year, fine, but that did not happen.  We all know ya'll are the big boys.  Probably won't make it more than 3 rounds deep into the playoffs.

You probably weren't even there. You have no idea how the points were scored or who scored them. What a horrible season that would be to "only" go three rounds deep. How many teams would take that? WOS just sets their goals high, so you are right "only" three deep would be a disappointment for us.

You are the one with no class.

That is what I was trying to get at.  No doubt WOS is tough, but all the boastful stats are great if they are chalked up against a team that should have been tough, but it was against Orangefield (please Bobcat faithful, take no offense to those remarks).  I hope the 'Stangs go all the way, good luck.

We put our 2nd and 3rd string guys in so they can get some work just in case they are needed in the playoffs. If they score then they score. A varsity team should be able to stop 2nd and 3rd string guys. We play who they put on our schedule. Get better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83