Dayton fans having trouble sleeping??

Raider88

Well Dayton kept up their end of the bargain last year for a rematch.  What happened to Lumberton?  That is right, a beat down by Waller.  And who did Waller get beat by the nexy week????  That's right Dayton.  We thank you for that loss last year, it helped us get to where we needed to be.  And we will thank you for keeping up your end of the bargain for a rematch this year, that is if you can.

Dayton barely got by WALLER then took a beat DOWN from LAKE TRAVIS!

Statistically speaking, Dayton crushed Waller.

Waller took advantage of two third quarter turnovers to narrow the game.

Dayton would have scored on it's first possession but the refs couldn't get the clocks working correctly which allowed time for Waller to regroup.

Lumberton is so lucky they didn't get clocked like Livingston did last year.

As far Lake Travis, the way their QB was playing, I think they would have beat down any time they faced in 4A.

Lumberton is for sure lucky they didn't have to play Lake Travis.

The L-Train wouldn't have crossed the 50 yard line against their defense.

Lumberton had the same turnovers that cost them against Waller and a key injury with Hanna still trying to play! 

I agree about Lake Travis, I just had to throw that in! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well Dayton kept up their end of the bargain last year for a rematch.  What happened to Lumberton?  That is right, a beat down by Waller.  And who did Waller get beat by the nexy week????  That's right Dayton.  We thank you for that loss last year, it helped us get to where we needed to be.  And we will thank you for keeping up your end of the bargain for a rematch this year, that is if you can.

Dayton barely got by WALLER then took a beat DOWN from LAKE TRAVIS!

So Dayton beat Waller and lost to the state champion ?

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but I have watched Dayton this year and watch Lumberton against us. As bad as we are Lumberton barely got by us. The whole 20 4a is weak this year, from the top to the bottom. Lumberton best bet is not have to play Dayton this year because there coach does like to run up the score and I think if Beard is not healthy Lumberton is in trouble trying to stop them.

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but I have watched Dayton this year and watch Lumberton against us. As bad as we are Lumberton barely got by us. The whole 20 4a is weak this year, from the top to the bottom. Lumberton best bet is not have to play Dayton this year because there coach does like to run up the score and I think if Beard is not healthy Lumberton is in trouble trying to stop them.

I agree. However, I believe Lumberton will be in trouble trying to stop them even w/ a healthy Beard....and that's not a knock on Beard.

I have only been a Dayton fan for a short time and I have to say that you Lumberton Fans are a trip to listen to!!  

1970  Dayton       46-7

1971  Lumberton    7-6

1972  Dayton        21-6

1973  Lumberton   20-18

1974  Dayton       20-6

1975  Dayton       14-6

1976  Dayton       42-0

1977  Dayton       14-8

1978  Tie            14-14

1979  Dayton       27-14

1980  Dayton        1-0??  

1981  Dayton       14-0

1988  Dayton       20-15

1989  Dayton       45-13

1993  Lumberton   45-36

1998  Dayton        57-0

1999  Dayton        30-13

2006  Dayton        55-7

2007  Lumberton    7-8

Out of the 19 meetings since 1970, Dayton has won 14 times.  Lumberton has won 4 games and there was 1 tie.

Points scored:

487 Dayton

189 Lumberton  

I can definately see why Lumberton has a chip on their shoulder.  Hope the score reflects the score from 2006 which was my first Dayton-Lumberton game.  

What is the playoff scenario that pits Lumberton against Dayton?  Dayton already has secured the #1 seed in 20-4a regardless of what happens.  I looked at the standings in 19-4a and without knowing who beat who...???? 

If Nederland beats Lumberton and Livingston beats Vidor, Dayton will play Lumberton in the first round of the playoffs. If Lumberton wins, they will play Crosby regardless of what Livingston does.

What is the playoff scenario that pits Lumberton against Dayton?  Dayton already has secured the #1 seed in 20-4a regardless of what happens.  I looked at the standings in 19-4a and without knowing who beat who...???? 

If Nederland beats Lumberton and Livingston beats Vidor, Dayton will play Lumberton in the first round of the playoffs. If Lumberton wins, they will play Crosby regardless of what Livingston does.

So chances are pretty good that it's a Dayton-Lumberton showdown in the first round then??

If I'm Lumberton, I'm trying real hard to beat Nederland.  ;)

If I'm Lumberton, I'm trying real hard to beat Nederland.  ;)

Possibly, they look pretty salty right now.  One key injury could turn that around.  Coach Stewart doesn't mind rubbing someone's face in it either...especially if he feels like they were jobbed (ie...the playoff seeding decision from last year)!

I did a quick count for the G.P. I counted 65 (+,-10) in the stands for Galena Park, it was sad

I look forward to playing anyone in 20-4A at least the stands will be full

I bet 20-4A is holding secret meetings as we speak, and Livingston is not invited,,, LMAO,,, i had to throw that in ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jess messing with everyone about the top secret midnight meetings,i have no knowledge of these ever taking place, just remembering last years conspiracy theory

run up the score look at how many points dayton has scored in the forth quarter this year in all the blowouts.  that is not running up the score.

They usually play their back-ups once the game is decided but he will run up the score when he thinks he was given a raw deal.  See Crosby game from 2002.  I'm actually surprised he pulled the starters from the Galena Park game this year after all the trouble their superintendent caused 3 years ago. 

Of course there was the Nederland game from last year...don't really think he meant to run it up quite like that...running the same play up the middle with the back-ups most of the second half is not running it up. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami