50th Homecoming in Evadale

For anyone in the area who does not know, the biggest high school homecoming in Texas will happen in Evadale this weekend. Not being a native of Evadale and having lived in many places I can assure you that there is nothing that compares to homecoming in Evadale. If you throw in the fact that this will be the 50th homecoming, I can only imagine what the floats and other entries will look like.

I know some of you say there is no way that Evadale has a bigger homecoming than we do, but I fear you would be wrong in that assumption. Here in Evadale the fact that the team is district champs is simply icing for the cake. The floats (there could 20 or more) are not your crate paper and a few balloons floats. These will have working fountains, moving parts, enough space for an entire class of students to ride on and that is just the start.

The parade begins at 10 AM and if you want to see it you had better be here before 8 AM as some people will park vehicles on 105 on Friday night to be sure they get their spot. The community pep rally will be at noon and that is when the awards will be given out to the parade winners. The EX Student Association will hold a reception in the Snack Bar from 2-4 PM. Pregame with the announcement of the Homecoming Queen will be at 6:30 and oh yea the District 23A Champions will be playing Chester at 7:30.

If you don't believe me you owe it to yourself to come and see it. I didn't believe it until I saw it either!

Rebel, I would like for you to make it to a Vidor Homecoming 1 year. I am taking nothing away from Evadale. But I would have to say our Lights Out Homecoming is 2nd to none. Like yours we shut down 105 in the middle of Vidor. This year there were 96 Floats that were in the parade. I am sure your 50th will be a sight to see but I wouldn't go as far as to say the best in the land. This is of course my own biased opinion  ;D Good Luck to you this weekend. I hope them Rebs make a deep run into the playoffs. If you see J. Royal or J. Rayon around tell em Coach Comeaux says hey.

Coach

I have heard that Vidor's halftime is very special. I would like to see it sometime as I believe that high school football is the truest form of the game and that their is really nothing better than the Friday night lights anywhere in Texas.

I know everyone is hyped about their homecoming (as they should be) I was just starting a new thread and I would love to hear about others in the area and the special thing they do. 

Oh and thanks for the invitation to Vidor!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder