West Brook vs. #2 North Shore Predictions?

There've been many victims in this current 77 regular season winning streak that had high hopes in derailing Da Sho.  The Pearland teams with Fozzie Wittiker, Dear Park, Pasadena Memorial last year, and the list goes on.  WB has no depth.  With several stars limping around, Da Sho smells blood in the waters plus they have a 2 day jump for rest and preparation.

Da Sho 49

WB 14

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you guys suck at optimism.  So i'll take the Brook next week.  We are undefeated so far with your

"were so bad attitudes."  When will you become a believer. Geez--take a pill and get it over with it.

You are absolutely right! I'm a realist, not an optimist! Did you see the same game I saw today? It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, Weed. Yes, we're good, but we're not NS good.

Good morning--Champ--I'm awake and sipping on my coffee.  No I did not actually see the game because I said yes to another one of those volunteer things at the school.  If you smelled fajita smoke in the stands--that was all mine--- :D

Realist or pessimist. Be careful they can easily be mistaken for one another.  Think about your screen-name.  A realist would have never survived the ride in 82.  I watched the Brook loose three  games early in the season and whittle --little by little --themselves all the way to the title--including a tie in bi-district.  I do not remember any blow-outs statistically. 

This team is undefeat and has put up over 40 pts in all but one game and yesterday they did the same and piled up over 400 yds of offense and played pretty sound defense on a good Sterling team.

I did peak and see some plays, and mistakes, but overcoming them is what makes teams victorious. 

You or correct--I am an optimist and often I have over rated things I believed in.  And if they loose --so be it, get up dust off and get back out there. 

So I hold up my cup of coffee and say CHEERS To The Bruins.  Here Here!!

HAGD  ;D

I gonna have to agree with WeedBegone, But my point is this. These kids came in to this season expecting to have one of the best year in West Brook history, big matchup with Westfield, Eisenhower, and Katy and a chance to be state ranked. Hurricane Ike stole some of that away for them. As for as the state ranking, after Ike no matter what they do against unranked teams ( even if they score 100 points ). The pollsters and experts would not give them any credit because of there strength of schedule. So the last few weeks have been tough to stay key up. I think these kids are looking foward to this matchup.

Guest WeedBegone

It will be an upset brook will win . We play up to our level of competition im starting to question some bruin fans pride in our team we have been down for so long and we make a few runs in the playoffs and some people start getting a big head like we should just walk over teams.

It wasn't me!! :)

It will be an upset brook will win . We play up to our level of competition im starting to question some bruin fans pride in our team we have been down for so long and we make a few runs in the playoffs and some people start getting a big head like we should just walk over teams.

Question my pride if you want.  Just answer a question for me.  Do you think we can beat NS with 13 penalties?  I don't expect to walk over anyone.  I do expect to be playing better after 5-6 games.

OK, I'll say it. I agree with SFA85. He knows the Houston teams better than most on here and NS is a powerhouse for sure (were ranked #10 in the country to start out, maybe that has changed).

Now I'll have to watch my back the rest of the day after agreeing. Something bad is bound to happen.

Question my pride if you want.  Just answer a question for me.  Do you think we can beat NS with 13 penalties?  I don't expect to walk over anyone.  I do expect to be playing better after 5-6 games.

Exactly!!!! You can say what you want about my loyalty to my team, and question my pride. But truth be told, I call them like I see them. WE HAVE NOT PLAYED TO OUR POTENTIAL! That's all I'm saying. Those of you that know me, will tell you that I'm probably harder on my team than anybody. Only because I'm disappointed in our level of play, and because I know we can do better. I know we have a good team. I just want to see us play like the GREAT team that I know we can be. But I haven't seen that yet this year.

OK, I'll say it. I agree with SFA85. He knows the Houston teams better than most on here and NS is a powerhouse for sure (were ranked #10 in the country to start out, maybe that has changed).

Now I'll have to watch my back the rest of the day after agreeing. Something bad is bound to happen.

Nothing wrong with agreeing.  From here, I noticed the earth continued to rotate.....

Anyway, I saw Da Sho score 28 points on PAMela with defense and special teams.  They also gave Alexander a mild concussion so in short, you can't run wide on NS and you better be mobile in the pocket because they put a lot of pressure with just their front 4.  That Lufkin game was their first after Ike so I'd chalk that up to rust.....

Guest WeedBegone

Exactly!!!! You can say what you want about my loyalty to my team, and question my pride. But truth be told, I call them like I see them. WE HAVE NOT PLAYED TO OUR POTENTIAL! That's all I'm saying. Those of you that know me, will tell you that I'm probably harder on my team than anybody. Only because I'm disappointed in our level of play, and because I know we can do better. I know we have a good team. I just want to see us play like the GREAT team that I know we can be. But I haven't seen that yet this year.

I know you probably think I keep picking on you and I know you are a great fan, but perhaps they are not playing to the potential that you expect.  Personally, I believe that this team has been over-achieving since this coaching staff has come aboard about 4 years ago.  They are still  undefeated and --yes they have been making lots of mistakes and penalties to get to where they are.  Maybe this is their potential, and I appreciate their play regardless.

But I stand with you in my loyalty to this team--but I tend not to want to be too hard on them. These guys seem to fine a way to win.  N-Shore is good and I believe we can play with them.  If not, then we pick em up and bring it on in the play-offs. 

i predicted that 82 would give north shore the win...im shocked he hasnt picked our opposition more often...

the fact that the brook is traveling to north shore will have NO affect on the game...we have played there enough and its like our 3rd home (1.durley 2.baytown 3.galena park)...besides our guys will show up they know what is goin down this friday...they will show up and show up big...jordan garret will hopefully be back at full strength...trust me he wasnt effective cause they werent playin him like it was him playing...he isnt a second string rb he is utility...when you dont put him at reciever for a threat and at running back for a threat his effectiveness is taken away...our recieving corp will be back to full operation...c-lou has had time to recoop and looks like hes connecting with the recievers again...c-mike will be ready to hit cause thats what north shore does...its north shore unlike most of yall apparently would like to think they are not invincible...

yall have fun sitting with all the north shore fans on friday meanwhile me weed and kg0 will be on the visiting side of the stadium

i predicted that 82 would give north shore the win...im shocked he hasnt picked our opposition more often...

the fact that the brook is traveling to north shore will have NO affect on the game...we have played there enough and its like our 3rd home (1.durley 2.baytown 3.galena park)...besides our guys will show up they know what is goin down this friday...they will show up and show up big...jordan garret will hopefully be back at full strength...trust me he wasnt effective cause they werent playin him like it was him playing...he isnt a second string rb he is utility...when you dont put him at reciever for a threat and at running back for a threat his effectiveness is taken away...our recieving corp will be back to full operation...c-lou has had time to recoop and looks like hes connecting with the recievers again...c-mike will be ready to hit cause thats what north shore does...its north shore unlike most of yall apparently would like to think they are not invincible...

yall have fun sitting with all the north shore fans on friday meanwhile me weed and kg0 will be on the visiting side of the stadium

Now, why are you calling me out? Is it just because you dont like what I have to say. Well maybe I'll be wrong and we'll pull out the win. All I've been saying all along is that if we play to our potential, we can hang with them. However, we haven't been playing to our potential. Right or wrong? If we dont play to our potential, we wont beat NS. I have been honest with every game prediction I've made this season, and I've predicted that we'd win all out games up to this point, and we have. We haven't played a team like NS yet. But I'm not gonna sit here and blow smoke by saying that we're gonna beat NS when realistically I dont think we can. It's not a knock on our team, but right now I believe NS is playing better. If you want to knock my karma for being honest, then so be it. But I'll be sitting on the visitors side this Friday night, and I welcome you to come over and visit with me.

I know you probably think I keep picking on you and I know you are a great fan, but perhaps they are not playing to the potential that you expect.  Personally, I believe that this team has been over-achieving since this coaching staff has come aboard about 4 years ago.  They are still  undefeated and --yes they have been making lots of mistakes and penalties to get to where they are.  Maybe this is their potential, and I appreciate their play regardless.

But I stand with you in my loyalty to this team--but I tend not to want to be too hard on them. These guys seem to fine a way to win.  N-Shore is good and I believe we can play with them.  If not, then we pick em up and bring it on in the play-offs.   

Maybe you're right. Maybe I expect too much out of them. One thing that I've found to be true is that most people wont ever give any more than is expected of them. Maybe it's not that I'm expecting too much of them, maybe it's that not enough is being expected from them. Think about it, huh?

Watching Sterling play WB and NS back to back, I think WB will hang with NS until halftime.  It should be like the WB-Sterling game, close early, and NS will just wear down WB.  Sterling played a much better game against WB than they did NS, but NS takes advantage of every mistake their opponent makes.  That will be the difference.

some of you West Brook fans are delusional...if your team hasnt "played to its potential" by week 9 then maybe your expectations of your teams potential are a little too much...it is what it is, and by week 9 99% of all teams have found themselves....

even if West Brook plays a perfect game they are going to need North Shore to make mistakes for them to win, North Shore is that good...and no i dont think they are invincable like someone suggested some fans think early, its just that some people think that its gonna take a lot for West Brook to beat them, now for a team like Pearland it might be possible to spring the upset w/o North Shore giving it to them, but lets be honest hear West Brook is a good team but they are no Pearland....it is high school football and crazy stuff happens, but West Brook is gonna need at least 3 or 4 North Shore turnovers to win this one...honestly, West Brook needs to be hoping that they dont get that awesome running back hurt again in this game so they can make some noise in the playoffs, if Lee can hurt him with their defense then i'd be scared of what North Shore's defense could do...

I would love to see WB pull this one out but I'm afraid NS will strike quick and often. The key for WB is to just play their game and not be intimidated. Stick to controlling the ball, avoiding stupid mistakes and just play four FULL quarters of football. I'm rooting for WB and I hope they prove me wrong.

North Shore 41

West Brook 20

Guest WeedBegone

Ok--its Monday and Ima smellin my coffee.  BTW--Thanks for the good advice 825A.  Todays thoughts are-- however the outcome of this weeks war, the Brook team is gonna need us.  So like the team has work to do on the practice field gettin ready, we need to pull together in support. Start gettin your stuff together for a trip to Galena Park to see a good game. 

Its now officially WB YELL PRACTICE WEEK on SETX DOT COM  ---Were gonna need it.

Oh-H3ll --I just realized its Monday-- ;D ;D

WB has not played well since the long hiatus after Ike.  It seems that the play has been lackluster.  They played a game time scrimmage with the one team that pushed NS and were dominanant... But like some of the posters here say, that was practice.  If the Brook plays their best i think it will make for an interesting game. However, with the recent play I can't pick them to win... We Will See!!!

Thing is, i think we have the talent to do it.  If you had seen the early games this year, the offense was great.  No penalties and few turnovers.  I don't think we Brook fans are expecting too much to see them perform that way now.  But, we haven't seen that type of execution in 4 weeks.  At least it seems we could eliminate all the false starts.  Those are gonna hurt when we have to get 15 every series, instead of 10.

West Brook has SOME very good athletes surrounded by good athletes, where North Shore has a LOT of very good athletes surrounded by good athletes.  You have to remember that North Shore has over 4000 students in their high school, it is simple math.  That being said, there are several players on WB that could start and star for NS.  West Brook should be able to hang around for the first half or so, but they will eventually fall to the numbers of NS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed