*Silsbee vs. HF Updates*/TIGERS ROLL!!!

Guest tigersvoice

are we supposed to be able to hear the guy mumbling in the background? ???

Yep, you were.  I was the "Guy mumbling in the background" and thanks for the characterizaation.  Sorry 'bout the faulty audio but thanks for tuning in anyway.

What happen to HF been the spoiler team in district this year? And do they have any out this week with injury or something because I really thought this was gonna be close.

The Horns are still without Cameron Burrell & Hagan Daigle, might as well say Dustin East as he is

basically playing with one knee. This team has not been the same since these players went down to

injuries early in the season. These three athletes were the unquestionable leaders of the team. Take that

with the devastation suffered from IKE, have taken allot out of these kids emotionally. With that being said

Hats off to Silsbee that played a great game, Lord knows they have had some distractions to overcome. I

hope the Horns can end the season on positive note with a victory over the Cardinals this Friday night.

Good Luck Horns   

What happen to HF been the spoiler team in district this year? And do they have any out this week with injury or something because I really thought this was gonna be close.

The Horns are still without Cameron Burrell & Hagan Daigle, might as well say Dustin East as he is

basically playing with one knee. This team has not been the same since these players went down to

injuries early in the season. These three athletes were the unquestionable leaders of the team. Take that

with the devastation suffered from IKE, have taken allot out of these kids emotionally. With that being said

Hats off to Silsbee that played a great game, Lord knows they have had some distractions to overcome. I

hope the Horns can end the season on positive note with a victory over the Cardinals this Friday night.

Good Luck Horns   

excuses excuses

this group of seniors was supposed to be the golden age for fannett

According to whom?

This was a good SR class for HF but they lost their two best players. They just had some rough injures early and thing went south from there but Horns will be back.

this group of seniors was supposed to be the golden age for fannett

According to whom?

This was a good SR class for HF but they lost their two best players. They just had some rough injures early and thing went south from there but Horns will be back.

As much as I want HF to win, you have to be honest with what you're dealing with there. Right now, HF does not have the athletes to keep up with WO-S and Silsbee. Speed kills us. And thats something we don't have yet.

Just have faith in your school board and A.D., they will get it done.  ;D

You must be kidding. If they keep waiting on that it will never get done!!!  As far as this being "The Class".  We have heard that for years.  You can't put all of your hopes into 2 or 3 players.  They do not have that "Superstar" athlete to take them all the way.  Maybe if they started coaching them like a TEAM and not individual superstars something might turn around.  But hey, this is Hamshire Fannett's good ole boys team.  That is why we are always sitting on the sideline watching the playoffs instead of playing in them. 

hornsfan86 its time for hamshire fans to quit making excuses this happens to hf year after year and people always say next year will be our year but this group of seniors was supposed to be the golden age for fannett and look what happened . . . . another year without a playoff appearance

Ouch! That hurts!!!

hornsfan86 its time for hamshire fans to quit making excuses this happens to hf year after year and people always say next year will be our year but this group of seniors was supposed to be the golden age for fannett and look what happened . . . . another year without a playoff appearance

Ouch! That hurts!!!

yeah it does but he, she or it, is right. So here it is I going to stop with the excuses and lay it out there.

We obviously do not have the talent or coaching to keep up with the big boys in a our district. WOS & Silsbee will always have talent year end & year out, they do not rebuild they just reload. HF needs to play better fundamentally to overcome what they lack in talent. This years team although somewhat talented is fundamentally flawed, to many costly penalties, turnovers, along with a serious lack of execution, discipline and leadership gave this team no chance. There I said it I hope this made all of you HF haters happy.

Ouch! That hurts!!!

yeah it does but he, she or it, is right. So here it is I going to stop with the excuses and lay it out there.

We obviously do not have the talent or coaching to keep up with the big boys in a our district. WOS & Silsbee will always have talent year end & year out, they do not rebuild they just reload. HF needs to play better fundamentally to overcome what they lack in talent. This years team although somewhat talented is fundamentally flawed, to many costly penalties, turnovers, along with a serious lack of execution, discipline and leadership gave this team no chance. There I said it I hope this made all of you HF haters happy.

Well, they should at least appreciate your truth and honesty.

Ouch! That hurts!!!

Well. since you have all the answers and solutions HORN"FAN", why don't you just go in and tell the coaches what's wrong, or better yet go to the powers to be and tell them to hire you for the job? I am sure with your "expert" insight to the situation and your enormous experience coaching youth football you could turn the Horns around.

I just heard the interview, what a classy gentleman. I am glad to have him on our

sidelines. I think he really cares for our young men, and it shows. Good Luck Coach

Mangan, beat them Dawgs.

[/quote

"yeah it does but he, she or it, is right. So here it is I going to stop with the excuses and lay it out there.

We obviously do not have the talent or coaching to keep up with the big boys in a our district. WOS & Silsbee will always have talent year end & year out, they do not rebuild they just reload. HF needs to play better fundamentally to overcome what they lack in talent. This years team although somewhat talented is fundamentally flawed, to many costly penalties, turnovers, along with a serious lack of execution, discipline and leadership gave this team no chance. There I said it I hope this made all of you HF haters happy. "

Thought this would help jog your memory about the way you felt about the HF situation one year ago. I am not sure but I do believe the coaches are all the same with the exception of one, maybe? Seems like such a big change of heart in just 12 months? I wonder why anyone ever chooses to become a HS coach with fans such as these?  Good luck to all Longhorns because I believe you all and your coaches will need it. Impressions can't change this fast, can they?

I just heard the interview, what a classy gentleman. I am glad to have him on our

sidelines. I think he really cares for our young men, and it shows. Good Luck Coach

Mangan, beat them Dawgs.

[/quote

"yeah it does but he, she or it, is right. So here it is I going to stop with the excuses and lay it out there.

We obviously do not have the talent or coaching to keep up with the big boys in a our district. WOS & Silsbee will always have talent year end & year out, they do not rebuild they just reload. HF needs to play better fundamentally to overcome what they lack in talent. This years team although somewhat talented is fundamentally flawed, to many costly penalties, turnovers, along with a serious lack of execution, discipline and leadership gave this team no chance. There I said it I hope this made all of you HF haters happy. "

Thought this would help jog your memory about the way you felt about the HF situation one year ago. I am not sure but I do believe the coaches are all the same with the exception of one, maybe? Seems like such a big change of heart in just 12 months? I wonder why anyone ever chooses to become a HS coach with fans such as these?  Good luck to all Longhorns because I believe you all and your coaches will need it. Impressions can't change this fast, can they?

No Actually there are alot of changes on the HF side.  We lost a Great DC when Carl Broussard left.  There were several other coaches that jumped ship about the same time.  I agree with HORNS FAN in the fact that you have to teach fundamentals.  They practice until 9pm every night, what exactly are they doing?  New uniforms are great, but that doesn't make you a better team.  There is no "TEAM"  here its all about the individual player.  With the new coach everyone was optimistic that things would turn around.  That hasn't happened.  All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. 

Mangan, beat them Dawgs.

[/quote

No Actually there are alot of changes on the HF side.  We lost a Great DC when Carl Broussard left.  There were several other coaches that jumped ship about the same time.  I agree with HORNS FAN in the fact that you have to teach fundamentals.  They practice until 9pm every night, what exactly are they doing?  New uniforms are great, but that doesn't make you a better team.  There is no "TEAM"   here its all about the individual player.  With the new coach everyone was optimistic that things would turn around.  That hasn't happened.  All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. 

Alot of changes when??? The qoutes I found were from last year not two years ago, meaning things were peachy-keen last year at this time, and Carl Broussard was already gone. The practices and coaches last year are the same as this year. The fundamentals taught or not taught were the same this year as last. They practice till 9:00pm every night, really? How do you know? Are you out there every night? Do you see what they coach? Maybe teaching fundamentals is being done, how do you know???? Please expand ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION!!!! Can you define the word TEAM and its meaning pertaining to your accusations? At what point does accountability go back to the players?? How much is lack of retention or lack execution?? Like I said to HFHorn86. if you know how to fix walk in the door and offer your input. But if you think at anytime getting on here and bad mouthing a program you say you support doesn't fix anything, it really only shows lack of true concern and care for your program you claim to support.

Guest RatedRSuperstar

Classic HF!  ;D Blame it on the coach, blame it on the coaches who have left!  Just don't blame it on the crappy genetics!

HF has only two things to hope for.  Westward expansion of Jefferson County, and a public sewer system!  :D

Classic HF!  ;D Blame it on the coach, blame it on the coaches who have left!  Just don't blame it on the crappy genetics!

HF has only two things to hope for.  Westward expansion of Jefferson County, and a public sewer system!  :D

Laugh all want Joker. But when westward espansion and the public sewer system gets to us, we're gonna kick some butt ;)

Guest tigersvoice

Laugh all want Joker. But when westward espansion and the public sewer system gets to us, we're gonna kick some butt ;)

I'm not measuring past years but this year - the 2008 season - H-F had key injuries that they just could not overcome.  As it was, they played Hardin-Jefferson a close game but lost.  Had they stayed healthy and perhaps taken the 3rd playoff spot, would THESE negative conversations be going on now?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami