Why you don't have your star QB kick off

Guest WeedBegone

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but, I would have my team looking for that guy for the rest of the game

Agreed he would leave the field with the help of others!

I would think they could quickly design a hockey style kind of play to even the score. 

Question, was the receiving team guy off sides--he got there pretty quick.I bet his parents were proud.

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but, I would have my team looking for that guy for the rest of the game

I would think they could quickly design a hockey style kind of play to even the score. 

Question, was the receiving team guy off sides--he got there pretty quick.I bet his parents were proud.

Yes he was if you pause it then grab the slide bar you can see that the kick return guy was on about the 48 1/2 yard line when the kicker kicks it... not only did he cheap shot him but he was also offsides.... And yes a bounty would of been issued shortly afterward...  I am not a vindictive person but when you intentionally go after another young man to intentionally hurt him.. you should be dealt with accordingly... an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth... This was no different than ear holing someone down field that is behind the play by 30 yards....

That's what I was thinking.  I Thought the returning team were supposed to backpetal a few yard before proceeding.  This is my first time seeing this.

Yes he was if you pause it then grab the slide bar you can see that the kick return guy was on about the 48 1/2 yard line when the kicker kicks it... not only did he cheap shot him but he was also offsides.... And yes a bounty would of been issued shortly afterward...  I am not a vindictive person but when you intentionally go after another young man to intentionally hurt him.. you should be dealt with accordingly... an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth... This was no different than ear holing someone down field that is behind the play by 30 yards....

I see what you are saying, but on an interception, the QB is fair game and you can go after him.  This is why sometimes the QB will stay on the ground. 

I see what you are saying, but on an interception, the QB is fair game and you can go after him.  This is why sometimes the QB will stay on the ground. 

This is true... but in that same breath a QB will go flat out to get back at the guy that picked him off.... in this case most kickers will kick and then hang back not seeing any action unless he is the last resort... most of the time your kickers turns into a center fielder. In this case the hit wasn't thrown as a block, was not thrown to help break open a return.. it was a viscous hit on a young man that wasn't prepared to protect himself... it was intentional as the guy is at full speed and offside... just poor sportsmanship and a pitiful call by the opposing coach.  If this was a legitimate hit then hitting the punter after he punted would be legal because he would be defenseless and open for a target shot.... And as always this is just my opinion.

The whole point of that hit was that the opposing coach was scared of getting beat. If he wants to tell his player to do some chicken $#^$ stuff like that then he needs to be banned for coaching and the player needs to be kicked off the team. There is no difference with what happened at the Vidor/LCM game, where a little sissy girl from LCM had to cheap shot Dart at the end of a play cause the poor baby didn't get his way. Cheap shots are uncalled for and should be punished with an ejection of the player. Don't get me wrong, I'm talking about cheap shots where someone gets hurt like in the video not just some extra action after the play.

This is football.  Mother is not on the field, so stop crying to her.  C'mon now!  The video mentioned this happened multiple times which questions the ability of this QB to make the grades at Stanford.  He got lit up, it's a possibilty every time you step onto the gridiron, and most people live for these hits.  His team was most likely penalized for crossing the line.  Think about this: We've all seen those infamous plays where the kicker comes in untouched and takes someone's head off.  That's awesome right?  With this play that threat is neutralized... ;D

Blocking him is one thing intentionally trying to hurt someone is different. We would have a bunch of Jim McMahon and Charles Martin Body slams If our scrupples were like this coach.

Blocking him is one thing intentionally trying to hurt someone is different. We would have a bunch of Jim McMahon and Charles Martin Body slams If our scrupples were like this coach.

If they were in a State Title game it would be more plausible still wrong but I would see it as everyone wants to win however they can.

If they were in a State Title game it would be more plausible still wrong but I would see it as everyone wants to win however they can.

Thank you for using Plausible.  That is awesome!

Why is that awesome??

Why is that awesome??

Normally that word is not used in a football context. 

Why is that awesome??

Should I have said something a little more back woods so some of the readers could understand better? lol

For some of them you would probably have to revert back to pictures....  ;D :D just for an example they had to install special software for Mod PIRATEFAN to do just that so he would understand what was going on.....  ::):o ;D :D;)

Yea I heard that wasn't sure if it was true. jk lol

Why is that awesome??

Should I have said something a little more back woods so some of the readers could understand better? lol

;D ;D ;D  I appreciate the vocabulary.

Why is that awesome??

Plausible??????  you reckon that means you can start and stop it as much as you want? ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami