Worst Weather Games?

Liberty vs. Kirbyville – 2004 (I think)

More rain than I can remember during a football game.

It was the worst field conditions that I can recall as after the start of the 3rd quarter you could not see most of the field due to the standing water.  At several points in the game the officials had to hold the ball in place to make sure it did not float away.  Game was halted 2 – 3 times due to lighting – but restarted over the official’s hesitation.  During the game the Panthers fumbled the ball 6 times and Kirbyville added 5 of their own. 

Kirbyville won the game 22 – 12.

Kville/HJ back in 98...Had to stand on the track for all the water on the field...was ankle deep all over... it was a fun game to play in though...Hits didn't hurt, because you would slide about 10 yards after htting the ground...that is if you didn't bust you a** trying to make the hit!

Kville/HJ back in 98...Had to stand on the track for all the water on the field...was ankle deep all over... it was a fun game to play in though...Hits didn't hurt, because you would slide about 10 yards after htting the ground...that is if you didn't bust you a** trying to make the hit!

sounds like fun lefty

Except for the fact that we lost the game!

sounds like fun lefty

Except for the fact that we lost the game!

It's always more fun when you win

Most miserable:  As a freshman living in Mexia back in '78, I played in a game against the Groesbeck GOATS (ha!) where it was freezing rain the entire game.  My facemask literally had icicles on it.  Taped up my earholes from the wind and had to use two hands to snap the ball cause I lost feeling in them.  Oh man did it hurt to hit or be hit.

Most miserable:  As a freshman living in Mexia back in '78, I played in a game against the Groesbeck GOATS (ha!) where it was freezing rain the entire game.  My facemask literally had icicles on it.  Taped up my earholes from the wind and had to use two hands to snap the ball cause I lost feeling in them.  Oh man did it hurt to hit or be hit.

sounds awful

1998 Buna vs H-F game was put off till sat cause all the rain then 30 min before game bottom fell out and rained all game.  Water was ankle deep on sidelines and went about five yards onto field.  Just had to guess if you went out of bounds or not.  The good thing was it was a home game so at halftime we changed into new uniforms and new shoes.  Buna 13 H-F 12!!!

Most miserable:  As a freshman living in Mexia back in '78, I played in a game against the Groesbeck GOATS (ha!) where it was freezing rain the entire game.  My face mask literally had icicles on it.  Taped up my earholes from the wind and had to use two hands to snap the ball cause I lost feeling in them.  Oh man did it hurt to hit or be hit.

Now that is football weather... because the guy that can rev up his engine high enough to keep himself warm can totally dominate the game....

I can remember a youth game, 83_alumni will remember this, that was out at Claiborne Park that before the game started the officials talked to both head coaches to ensure that piles would clear out fast enough to let players on the bottom of the pile wouldn't be held down in the water... it was also in the upper 40's lower 50's if I remember correctly.... as Lefty stated in an earlier post ... someone get hits hard and slides 25 yards afterwards... mmmmm FOOTBALL!!

Since I am probably much older than most of you, the game I remember was in 1963 or 1964--been a long time ago.  Liberty was deep in the playoffs. It was played in Houston; the temperature was about 19 degrees, light rain, wind blowing and it did not let up. I can't imagine how bad it was for the players.  As a spectator I lost feeling in my feet and hands.

Since I am probably much older than most of you, the game I remember was in 1963 or 1964--been a long time ago.  Liberty was deep in the playoffs. It was played in Houston; the temperature was about 19 degrees, light rain, wind blowing and it did not let up. I can't imagine how bad it was for the players.   As a spectator I lost feeling in my feet and hands.

Was Rick Dubroc Playing then?

Since I am probably much older than most of you, the game I remember was in 1963 or 1964--been a long time ago.  Liberty was deep in the playoffs. It was played in Houston; the temperature was about 19 degrees, light rain, wind blowing and it did not let up. I can't imagine how bad it was for the players.   As a spectator I lost feeling in my feet and hands.

Was Rick Dubroc Playing then?

No He must of played at a later time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami