Houston Yates' 31 consecutive playoff appearance streak to end this year

WOS87

With Yates losing to Sharpstown this past weekend they are now 0-4 in district play (1-5 for the season).  Even if they win their two final games against Waltrip and Reagan the best they could hope for would be a tie for 4th place in 21-4A with Austin (who beat them 7-6 earlier this season)

That should move Corpus Christi Callallen to the top of the list in terms of consecutive playoff appearances as they have pretty much already qualified for their 24th consecutive appearance this year dating back to 1985.

The '85 Yates Lions led by Johhny Bailey was one of the greatest teams in Texas football history.  Known as the 'Booker Boys'.....

I graduated from Odessa Permian in 86.  Yates always seemed to stop us in our tracks.

That was the good old days.

Man, OP wasn't a real team. They cloned those guys from a lab to play football.  ;D But you're right OP had some great teams back then. So what happened? The lab was raided and destroyed?

Soulja will be there in a red West Brook shirt, but don't hold that against him.  He just supporting the Jags' big brothers!  ;D ;D ;D

Yeoj wants me so bad to wear that 'Rotten Apple' red shirt because I caught him wearing a Maroon shirt that read 'CHS'.   :o

If I did, I was on my way to the medical magnet school to get my head examined cause I would be seriously ill wearing that maggot maroon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed