Most Important 20-4A Game of the Year

From what I've read, you certainly haven't.  Of course, I haven't seen it all so I apologize if that's the case.

Sure, if Lumberton loses to Ned, put my vote down for Livingston as I've heard they've vastly improved since Lumberton.  I can't see that Central offense putting up enough points to beat the Lions.

Regardless of who ends up on top, Lumberton is the most complete team in the district and has the best chance of doing anything in the playoffs.

"I can't see that Central offense putting up enough points to beat the Lions." OK how about playing some defence? Personally I think it says alot about a team when they let anyone score 50 points on them!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During that forty years, I don't recall Lumberton being associated with the longest losing streak in the state of Texas. ??? ::) ;D

hmmm can't say I recall East Chambers being a part of that either except we were beating Kountze throughout that streak...see your getting the bucs and ktz. confused which shows us all how little you know about the local teams.

After this Friday night Lumberton will have its marching orders as it relates to the Nederland game.  If the only thing to play for is an outright district title and NOT a playoff spot, then I am sure the Raiders will rest (heal up) most of the starters and get ready for the playoffs.  In other words, pending the outcome of certain games this week, it really won't matter what Lumberton does against Nederland.

After this Friday night Lumberton will have its marching orders as it relates to the Nederland game.  If the only thing to play for is an outright district title and NOT a playoff spot, then I am sure the Raiders will rest (heal up) most of the starters and get ready for the playoffs.  In other words, pending the outcome of certain games this week, it really won't matter what Lumberton does against Nederland.

In reality, all we need to do is finish above Livingston for playoff seeding. Since Livingston & Lumberton are the two schools that will be going to Division 2.

Nobody is trying to take Lumberton's shine... They are strong and one of the best teams in this district, no denying that... But I still can not phantom where the arrogance comes from???  I even started a new topic after the Central game giving you guys props... But I am sorry no one on this site outside of Lumberton is going to hold that team at such a high esteem after two successful years... He!! some of us will never hold L-town in high esteem, no matter how much they win, because it wont erase 40 years of losing!  Some people don't know how to handle success gracefully!  I would hate to see you guys win a title... Eventhough you already talk like you have already won one...  I guess it feels that way when you go from door mat to competitive!!!! Go Figure!

Nobody is trying to take Lumberton's shine... They are strong and one of the best teams in this district, no denying that... But I still can not phantom where the arrogance comes from???  I even started a new topic after the Central game giving you guys props... But I am sorry no one on this site outside of Lumberton is going to hold that team at such a high esteem after two successful years... He!! some of us will never hold L-town in high esteem, no matter how much they win, because it wont erase 40 years of losing!  Some people don't know how to handle success gracefully!  I would hate to see you guys win a title... Eventhough you already talk like you have already won one...  I guess it feels that way when you go from door mat to competitive!!!! Go Figure!

I think this is lumbertons problem, they have been the door mat for years but they are not anymore and they want respect now and some of their fans are a little over the top which causes comment like ( He!! some of us will never hold L-town in high esteem, no matter how much they win ) My advice is keep winning ( which I think they will as long as Coach C stays ) and you will get what you want. Might not be this year might not be 5 years but it will happen. Once the Lumberton fans stop caring want other people think those past 40 years want matter.

In reality, all we need to do is finish above Livingston for playoff seeding. Since Livingston & Lumberton are the two schools that will be going to Division 2.

Exactly the point to my earlier post.  If Central pulls the win this week against Livingston, the Nederland game does not mean a thing but some bragging rights.

Exactly the point to my earlier post.  If Central pulls the win this week against Livingston, the Nederland game does not mean a thing but some bragging rights.

Serious question... not trying to stir it up.

If livingston does beat Central, do you feel like you guys will do more to win against Nederland rather than rest up? Or do you think the coaches won't care who you guys get in the 1st rd the playoffs?

If livingston does beat Central, do you feel like you guys will do more to win against Nederland rather than rest up? Or do you think the coaches won't care who you guys get in the 1st rd the playoffs?

I would try and win for the District title and easier first round opponent.  No sense in making it harder on yourself.

I think this district will end in a 4-way tie for first place.

Lumberton 5-2

Central 5-2

Livingston 5-2

Nederland 5-2

I think there will be several upsets down the stretch. I see the winner of the Central/Livingston game having a let down in the final week either vs. PN-G or Vidor. I see Nederland having a chance to upset Lumberton at the Dog Pound. All of these hinge on Nederland beating Vidor this week which I still feel like is a toss-up game. Even so, I still feel like it could be a 4-way tie even if Vidor beats Nederland. Just take Nederland out and insert Vidor. Should be lots of fun. There truly is only one sub-par team in this district which makes things fun week in and week out. Anyone else feeling like there might be some upsets?

During that forty years, I don't recall Lumberton being associated with the longest losing streak in the state of Texas. ??? ::) ;D

hmmm can't say I recall East Chambers being a part of that either except we were beating Kountze throughout that streak...see your getting the bucs and ktz. confused which shows us all how little you know about the local teams.

:oWHOA!  Dude, chill.  Sorry, I got you mixed up with another group of Privateers that also go by the Buc's moniker, or did not so long ago.  If I offended please let me apologize and promise I'll remember never to confuse the two again.  As for knowing about local football, I would venture to say there's probably not a whole lot I don't know about the local teams having been a part of high school football in this area for about 27 years.  Anyways, I apologize again for the mix up. ;D

:oWHOA!  Dude, chill.  Sorry, I got you mixed up with another group of Privateers that also go by the Buc's moniker, or did not so long ago.  If I offended please let me apologize and promise I'll remember never to confuse the two again.  As for knowing about local football, I would venture to say there's probably not a whole lot I don't know about the local teams having been a part of high school football in this area for about 27 years.  Anyways, I apologize again for the mix up. ;D

Lions are privateers? Didn't know this...glad you informed me. So point is you might oughta get your stuff straight before criticizing...can make you look rather foolish.

Lions are privateers? Didn't know this...glad you informed me. So point is you might oughta get your stuff straight before criticizing...can make you look rather foolish.

No Lions are not Privateers, however, Buccaneers are.

My gut feeling tells me Coach C would ask the players how much an outright district title means to them much like he did last year (not trying to stir it up) to go for two and the win against a certain team that is no longer in our district.  Many factors involved, (if Nederland has anything to play for, Raider injuries, etc) I would assume we start everyone for Nederland and see how it goes.  Would be a good time to work on our passing defense for sure.

I really don't think it matters if we get Dayton in Round 1 or Round 4.  To be the best you have to play the best.

I love the way some of you Fans from other schools just assume that because you read or heard that a school had not made the playoffs  before that That school's Team had been losers for 40 years. Please look at things before you post I agree Lumberton has never been the fav.  team in this or any other district. Look at some of the records though please  8-2, 7-3, 6-4 these records have been achieved more than once and missed the playoffs.  Lumberton could have went last year with 2 losses and missed the playoffs. Please remember that this district is not like some of the weak ones in the area, you could miss the playoffs every year with just 2 losses. This year is a great example a very good team will get left at home and they are taking 4 from this district!!!! I agree some Lumberton fans get on here and say very dumb things  that make people want to root against us. I just ask that when you get mad at them please remember that its not the kids on the field doing this in most cases. So feel free to talk down to the dumb poster's but please leave the Team out of this and refrain from calling them losers!

On the other topic I dont think we sit anyone that is not really hurt against Ned. Play the men that got you there. I do think that Vidor's Homecoming game is the biggest left on  the schedule.

I love the way some of you Fans from other schools just assume that because you read or heard that a school had not made the playoffs  before that That school's Team had been losers for 40 years. Please look at things before you post I agree Lumberton has never been the fav.  team in this or any other district. Look at some of the records though please  8-2, 7-3, 6-4 these records have been achieved more than once and missed the playoffs.  Lumberton could have went last year with 2 losses and missed the playoffs. Please remember that this district is not like some of the weak ones in the area, you could miss the playoffs every year with just 2 losses. This year is a great example a very good team will get left at home and they are taking 4 from this district!!!! I agree some Lumberton fans get on here and say very dumb things  that make people want to root against us. I just ask that when you get mad at them please remember that its not the kids on the field doing this in most cases. So feel free to talk down to the dumb poster's but please leave the Team out of this and refrain from calling them losers!

On the other topic I dont think we sit anyone that is not really hurt against Ned. Play the men that got you there. I do think that Vidor's Homecoming game is the biggest left on  the schedule.

OK this sounds good unless you actually know whats going on... Don't forget there is a team history forum on here...  before last year Lumberton had 5 winning seasons, Thank you for naming 3 of the 5.  2 of of the five winning seaseons were in the modern era 3A in '90 & '91 (The only two years in 3A)...  In '94 they were had a winning season but it is misleading because they were 2-3 in a five team district, so it was the panseys in non district games. In '95 they were 3 - 2 in district; they beat up on the district "Cellar Dwellars"  Lincoln and Bridge City and Ned caught a whipping in '95 too (GO Train)...  In 2001 they had a winning season but again went 2-3 in district... If my calcs are right Lumberton lost only 2 games in a 4A district once ('95) but it was a 5 team district not this massive 8 team district.  Along the way there where numerous 0 to 3 win seasons... 

Now... You guys are the powerhouse Train... Running over road kill along the way that includes my Jags!!!!!  It is great and I simply love the team after watching them play twice. What is there not to love about hard nosed, discipline football? Outside of two, I really have no respect for the fans of Lumberton on this site!  However, I appreciate the kids that are there now and wish them success, hopefully we all complete well in the playoffs, and be positive represenitives of this district.

Question?  This year Central played right there with Lumberton for 3 quaters and beat the team that gave Lumberton there only lose.  Now the fans are picking the team that L-Train embarrassed to beat Central!  Where is the reasoning in that?

I love the way some of you Fans from other schools just assume that because you read or heard that a school had not made the playoffs  before that That school's Team had been losers for 40 years. Please look at things before you post I agree Lumberton has never been the fav.  team in this or any other district. Look at some of the records though please  8-2, 7-3, 6-4 these records have been achieved more than once and missed the playoffs.  Lumberton could have went last year with 2 losses and missed the playoffs. Please remember that this district is not like some of the weak ones in the area, you could miss the playoffs every year with just 2 losses. This year is a great example a very good team will get left at home and they are taking 4 from this district!!!! I agree some Lumberton fans get on here and say very dumb things  that make people want to root against us. I just ask that when you get mad at them please remember that its not the kids on the field doing this in most cases. So feel free to talk down to the dumb poster's but please leave the Team out of this and refrain from calling them losers!

OK this sounds good unless you actually know whats going on... Don't forget there is a team history forum on here...  before last year Lumberton had 5 winning seasons, Thank you for naming 3 of the 5.  2 of of the five winning seaseons were in the modern era 3A in '90 & '91 (The only two years in 3A)...  In '94 they were had a winning season but it is misleading because they were 2-3 in a five team district, so it was the panseys in non district games. In '95 they were 3 - 2 in district; they beat up on the district "Cellar Dwellars"  Lincoln and Bridge City and Ned caught a whipping in '95 too (GO Train)...  In 2001 they had a winning season but again went 2-3 in district... If my calcs are right Lumberton lost only 2 games in a 4A district once ('95) but it was a 5 team district not this massive 8 team district.  Along the way there where numerous 0 to 3 win seasons... 

Now... You guys are the powerhouse Train... Running over road kill along the way that includes my Jags!!!!!  It is great and I simply love the team after watching them play twice. What is there not to love about hard nosed, discipline football? Outside of two, I really have no respect for the fans of Lumberton on this site!  However, I appreciate the kids that are there now and wish them success, hopefully we all complete well in the playoffs, and be positive represenitives of this district.

Question?  This year Central played right there with Lumberton for 3 quaters and beat the team that gave Lumberton there only lose.  Now the fans are picking the team that L-Train embarrassed to beat Central!  Where is the reasoning in that?

I am picking Vidor for two intangible reasons:

1)  Home field advantage

2)  Vidor hasn't seen the playoffs in a while and want it bad (much like Lumberton in 2007)

First please read my post before you tell me I dont know what is going on. I never said the Raiders were a powerhouse second I cant help who was in the district. Remember the teams that brag about winning the district played the same teams we did.  I simply said that Lumberton had winning seasons before last year and that they had not been losers for the whole 40 years. Dont get me wrong, I do know that Lumberton has not had that many great seasons I have sat and watched many of the bad years.

Now to use your logic Central beat Vidor, Vidor beat Lumberton so using your logic Central beats Lumberton big! RIGHT?? Lumberton beat livingston, Livingston beats Ned, so Lumberton should beat Ned. RIGHT Yet you picked Ned to beat Lumberton.

So See you dont even believe your own logic. I Think that  Lumberton will have to play good ball to beat either LCM or NED.

I still think that NED vs Vidor is the most important game this week,

Central vs Livingston will be a great game and the team whose Off, Shows up should win,

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

ShortTexas, I'm from Lumberton and I picked the Jags to beat Livingston and I want them to beat Livingston. I have nothing against Central or ANY of their fans. You're cool wit me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83