Will Nederland Make The Playoffs??

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it is not the "kiss of death" but I am becoming a fan of Vidor Football---performing much better than most had expected and by and large with a good fan base as well

I totally agree with this statement!  Vidor continues to improve each week as a team and as a fan base.

the pirates will sit at home yet again come play-offs..but dont worry nederland will be selling tickets to their play-off game.if matthews and the boys want to see whats its like to be in a play-off atmosphere just get out your trailors and head to nhs to buy a ticket......sorry pirates you will fall short again this year.......you dont match up well against the dogs.......it will look like a differant defense come friday night just watch and see.....

dogs 49

pirates 17

remember pirate fans: we will be selling tickets to play-off game at the school

Lets all get real here now! The big NED gets so much hype that is way undeserving. Sit back in your chair dog fans and face reality. You were waxed at home by a 3A school (WO-S). You are begging to get in the playoffs only because of the idiots in Austin who are letting 4 teams go to the playoffs in 4A. Give me a break and face the music- The Dogs have no bite and are way bellow average. I am not sure that you could even make the playoffs in our district. Be real! Yall are just plain and simple average, nothing more!

Lets all get real here now! The big NED gets so much hype that is way undeserving. Sit back in your chair dog fans and face reality. You were waxed at home by a 3A school (WO-S). You are begging to get in the playoffs only because of the idiots in Austin who are letting 4 teams go to the playoffs in 4A. Give me a break and face the music- The Dogs have no bite and are way bellow average. I am not sure that you could even make the playoffs in our district. Be real! Yall are just plain and simple average, nothing more!

well now that we are average instead of good like in the past I see WOS put us back on their schedule

Did you really just say, Nederland scoring 50 points has to leave them scratching their heads?  I don't care if you win or lose, if you score 50 FRIGGIN points, you're not confused about jack friggin xxit. You know exactly what the deal is.  Get a clue.

Guest band of brothers

Did you really just say, Nederland scoring 50 points has to leave them scratching their heads?  I don't care if you win or lose, if you score 50 FRIGGIN points, you're not confused about jack friggin xxit. You know exactly what the deal is.  Get a clue.

your D allowed 55, get help! the plank awaits!

Then exactly what is the deal?  Figure you have to score 70 to win? Come on.  You score 50 FRIGGIN points you should win every time (unless you are Texas Tech).

Then exactly what is the deal?  Figure you have to score 70 to win? Come on.  You score 50 FRIGGIN points you should win every time (unless you are Texas Tech).

Stating the ridiculously obvious, they have got to find a defense. The defense is small and has several glaring weaknesses. Some of them to me are things you cannot control like lack of size and speed which has been an issue for about 5 years now. One thing you can control is the lack of agression,, that and learning how to knock down a pass. Dont get me wrong, the players are agressive and they hit hard now but the style is very passive. Its a wait and see defense not an attacking defense which in my opinion is a killer when you are slow. I noticed the other night that all 11 players are frozen on most every snap and no one is moving towards the line even giving the appearance of stunts or blitzes to make the offense second guess. When the ball is snapped everyone is on theor heels and playing catchup to the ball. Conversely teams like Lumberton that have the same basic type of players are much more agressive in their style, half of the defense is coming before the ball is ever snapped. So are Central and Livingston as well as PNG. They are rolling the dice and sending players on most every snap. Yeah, it may cost you a big play occasionally but in Nederlands case what do you have to lose that already happens too often? I say the heck with it... Blitz, blitz blitz and see if a little disruption can throw these teams out of their rythm. As fas as I am concerned that is the change that turned Lumberton around last year.

Watching the Dogs against Central and Livinston you knew exactly what was coming on every play before the ball was ever snapped and we were still 5 yards behind the play when they ran outside.

If unsuccessful on Friday, Nederland could be staring at a four game losing streak to end the season. (OUCH)

Have to admit it DOES hurt!!! >:(  However, scoring 50 pts and still not winning...yeah, that hurts a lot!  Just don't think the Dawgs have it in them Friday against Vidor!

My opionion about us has changed a lot in 2 weeks. Livingston ran the same three plays all night and we could not stop it. We didn't blitz until 3 minutes left in the 4th. It was too late by then. When we started blitzing we didn't stop them dead in their tracks, but we did slow it down. If we would have blitz the whole night we would have stopped that running game of livingston. We may have gotten burnt on the deep ball, but we would have MADE them throw. I don't know if I should say this on this board, but old Spell has got to go. He ran that dinosaur Defense and it didn't work. I mean our offense lights up that board with 50 and we still lose? That aint nothing but bad defense right there. If I was nueman, I would have told Spell to take the headsets off cause I'm calling the denfense the rest of the night. With this being Vidors homecoming this week and we have a tough team in Lumberton the week after...we got our work cut out for us. Our offense will be there. No doubt. But if we can't get more bodies in the backfield on defense... We will be sitting at home during playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami