*WO-S vs. BC Updates*/WO-S WINS!!!

66 points ,i dont care how you get it just do it that is what we call T/C/B.you said other teams in the playoff dont make these kind of mistakes hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ,i have see it over and over and over by good teams over the years my friend  just ask wo-s to start with i am not trying to be a smart A - - ok sorry if it sounds that way

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So taking away the "big plays," WO-S had 186 yards of offense.  (I didn't count the 15-yard pass to Steen a big play.)

You can't count on the big plays and defensive scores once you get into the playoffs.  Those teams won't make the mistakes we have been seeing lately.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we didn't line up in the Power I on the first possession when we were on the goal line that ended with the missed field goal that hit the crossbar.

Aren't big plays a part of the game?  When did they become less important than a long drive.  a touchdown is a touchdown.

Guest wos grad

Yes but in the Playoffs the big plays aren't going to work all the time like they do in this District. You have to have something else besides that sideline pass that doesn't work and long passes all the time. Last i looked in the UIL book short passes in the middle of the field are Legal.

So taking away the "big plays," WO-S had 186 yards of offense.  (I didn't count the 15-yard pass to Steen a big play.)

You can't count on the big plays and defensive scores once you get into the playoffs.  Those teams won't make the mistakes we have been seeing lately.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we didn't line up in the Power I on the first possession when we were on the goal line that ended with the missed field goal that hit the crossbar.

Aren't big plays a part of the game?  When did they become less important than a long drive.  a touchdown is a touchdown.

Big plays are definitely a part of the game. A big part when you have the speed we do. But I also understand, and share, the concern with not being able to sustain a drive. Eventually, you will meet up with a team that has the speed and discipline to eliminate the big play. It will come to a point when you need to make a play with the game on the line. You will need a good play call along with good blocking and execution. Do we have the offense, at this point, that can do that?

Guest wos grad

The OL certainly needs work, that was proven again Friday night but i would like to see more screen passes and shorter passes in the middle of the field.

WOS had only 4 plays of minus yards last night. They also only had 40 offensive plays. You do not show everything you have so people you play down the line can game plan for it. When you win how WOS has , why show anything but your regular offense. They don't ask how, just how many and the Stangs have done the how many in 5 of 6 games and won all six.

WOS had only 4 plays of minus yards last night. They also only had 40 offensive plays. You do not show everything you have so people you play down the line can game plan for it. When you win how WOS has , why show anything but your regular offense. They don't ask how, just how many and the Stangs have done the how many in 5 of 6 games and won all six.

We hear that saying every year and come playoff time it's the same thing run up the middle, sideline pass and the bomb. Those 3 plays will win you district and about 2 to 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  By adding better plays to the play book and the offensive line blocking better this team could be playing Liberty Hill in December for a state title.

I just saw another topic on here that says that WOS has scored more points than any other team in the history of the school through 6 games.  I guess the guy should take out all of the big plays and show those stats as well as any other crying point for the unpleased so called fans. 

Guest wos grad

I just saw another topic on here that says that WOS has scored more points than any other team in the history of the school through 6 games.  I guess the guy should take out all of the big plays and show those stats as well as any other crying point for the unpleased so called fans. 

Correct but we're talking about Playoff games, when the going gets tough we just don't do anything any different on Offense and it just don't work.

Correct but we're talking about Playoff games, when the going gets tough we just don't do anything any different on Offense and it just don't work.

I say again.  Call Coach Hooks and get out from behind your screen name.  What offense did they run when they won state in the 80's?  Wasn't it the veer?  I wonder how many screens and balls were thrown in the middle of the field then.  I bet they did some things that worked.  I just looked at the stats on another post and it llooked like they threw for 200 and rushed for 200. Are there anyfans in the state that would not want that?  Yes there is, the WOS fans.

The OC calls them. As i've posted before these plays work in this District but in the Playoffs against teams that can keep up with you they don't.

I still ask how do you know?  Is that posted on here somewhere who calls the plays at West Orange Stark?  I know the Head coach atTexas Tech has a Offensive Coordinator but he calls all of the plays.  Call Coach Hooks and put in your request.  He might listen seeing things are so bad on the offensive side of the ball.

Not blaming anything, just stating facts in the big games in the Playoffs!

Need Toby to call plays.

Why do we need him calling the plays? What would be the difference and how do you know this???

They don't know.  They usually don't complain til the playoffs.  We just scored 66 points in our last two games.  I know we score on defense but, the job is getting done.  Maybe if Toby was calling the plays we would have scored 73.  Stop being ignorant people.  Some of these people just have to be negative all the time. 

That menard kid for BC is tough.  i didn't realize he was a freshman till after the game. :o  As far as the punting issue, the snap was terrible and haynes saw an opening and took it.  to begin with it was like 4th and forever so i figured someone from BC could have made the tackle.   

Wait till the kid is a senior, he is gonna give coach Hook's and the whole coaching staff a heart attack  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476