*Deweyville vs. Buna Updates*/BUNA WINS!!!

No.... I just hate when the officials have a bearing on the game...Need to look at the penalties for both teams.... Wife said it wasn't very good.

there were 4 on Buna and 6 on Deweyville, I was one of the refs. it was a hard fought game by both teams. Closer than the score indicates. The ball bounced Bunas way. how many turnovers did Dville have? It's a shame people like you can taint a good game played by great kids.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no clue who you are talking to. Boohooo are guys brought a flag in the feild. WE bring it to every game. So stop winning. k?

And its called a thing teenager slang. You know teenagers do it? Well anyways, Buna has no class end of story. Get it got it good? And if players are allowed to flip off their opponent like we all saw your team do then that shows NO CLASS!!!

Except for this week I root for deweyville also since I live there but Graduated from Buna, you guys don't have the numbers of the other schools but yall still got the talent!!  Let's keep up the wins Buna!!  maybe yall will meet again in the playoffs

What did we do to run you off from Buna? Was your government class too difficult?

Hey sullivan no one ran me off I went to Iraq twice and Kuwait once and when I returned I decided to live in Deweyville simple as that.  I got a house that is paid for in a nice quiet town.  As far as your government remark I have a masters in Political Science(Government) and Kinesiology from Texas A&M-Kingsville what degree do you have? 

Every time Buna wins a game the refs gave it to us. Every time we play Dville we have no class, and our coaches let us get away with murder. Both teams played a good game. Buna is just the better team. As far as Buna not having class, you did not see our fans on the field after the game. And believe me we were not scared. What was it about 100 Dville fans to 3,000 Buna. The way I see it, it started when a couple of your guys showed up at our peprally on Thursday. Then it was the flag thing. Finally, after the butt spanking when we reclamed our 50 yard line, your boys still tried to take it over. Buna won period. We are the better team period.

Except for this week I root for deweyville also since I live there but Graduated from Buna, you guys don't have the numbers of the other schools but yall still got the talent!!  Let's keep up the wins Buna!!  maybe yall will meet again in the playoffs

What did we do to run you off from Buna? Was your government class too difficult?

Hey sullivan no one ran me off I went to Iraq twice and Kuwait once and when I returned I decided to live in Deweyville simple as that.  I got a house that is paid for in a nice quiet town.  As far as your government remark I have a masters in Political Science(Government) and Kinesiology from Texas A&M-Kingsville what degree do you have? 

Now that you have knee jerk reaction , think about what I have asked you......

Why would you assume someone ran me off from Buna?  A guy can't root for two teams? and what's the government class got to do with anything?

Guest tigersvoice

Why would you assume someone ran me off from Buna?  A guy can't root for two teams? and what's the government class got to do with anything?

I'm on the outside of this, but it looks to me like an INSIDE JOKE that someone didn't get.

Except for this week I root for deweyville also since I live there but Graduated from Buna, you guys don't have the numbers of the other schools but yall still got the talent!! Let's keep up the wins Buna!! maybe yall will meet again in the playoffs

Hey sullivan no one ran me off I went to Iraq twice and Kuwait once and when I returned I decided to live in Deweyville simple as that. I got a house that is paid for in a nice quiet town. As far as your government remark I have a masters in Political Science(Government) and Kinesiology from Texas A&M-Kingsville what degree do you have?

Why would you assume someone ran me off from Buna? A guy can't root for two teams? and what's the government class got to do with anything?

I'm on the outside of this, but it looks to me like an INSIDE JOKE that someone didn't get.

I give up   ???

I need to stay in the cigar forums......

You have no clue who you are talking to. Boohooo are guys brought a flag in the feild. WE bring it to every game. So stop winning. k?

And its called a thing teenager slang. You know teenagers do it? Well anyways, Buna has no class end of story. Get it got it good? And if players are allowed to flip off their opponent like we all saw your team do then that shows NO CLASS!!!

hey don't mess I don't know what you saw but I for saw our boys touch our cougar and point at the deweyville side. (translation: IT'S OUR FIELD WE JUST KICK YOUR TAILS TAKE YOUR FLAG AND GO HOME) enough sad. so maybe next year you can keep beating up on teams like evadale,and sabine pass and get a false sense of security when you start district. GOOD LUCK PIRATES THE REST OF THE SEASON

It's sad but it happened both teams disrespected the other!!  The teams don't like each other and their emotions got the better of them it happens they are 15-17 years old they made mistakes now it is up to the coaches to make sure it don't happen again so lets burry the game and move on to the game at hand!!!

Just a few simple comments here from a new person to this forum and somewhat new to this high school football thing.  Not planning a fussing match or a he said she said kind of thing just take a minute to read it and think about it.  PLEASE!  ;)

We left Beaumont a years ago to get away from all this negativity and hatred - and for the most part all is great.  This was my 2nd year to attend the Buna/Deweyville game.  They were unlike any football game I have ever attended.  Both games were played hard and great guys are out there giving all they have.  EXCEPT for sportsmanship!  All of them should be held responsible for their actions and EXPECTED to show good sportsmanship toward any and all teams. 

I personally witnessed the Buna player refuse to go thru the line last year after the game, then flip the parents in the deweyville stands off and cuss at us.  This game I witnessed a group of about 6 flipping off the stands as they walked off the field.  YES, players IN UNIFORM!!  Sorry, I didn't have my camera out or would send you a picture.  Yes they won - no questions there - we get it, it isn't about winning or losing .... but being allowed to be so disrespectful is where the no class comments from everyone is coming into play.  Play the game, take the hits, give it all you got and go on.  Its a GAME - not life and not death - A GAME!!!  Emotions are flowing from the teams and the fans - but the negativity needs to be knocked out or it will only get worse which it seems to be doing already.  High school sports shouldn't be about how many enemies you can make - play and have fun. 

And to BUNA 95 - your comment: (As far as Buna not having class, you did not see our fans on the field after the game. And believe me we were not scared. What was it about 100 Dville fans to 3,000 Buna. The way I see it, it started when a couple of your guys showed up at our peprally on Thursday. Then it was the flag thing.) 

You may want to visit some other games and watch at its end (you are welcome to come to a Dville game and be our guest sometime).  We ALWAYS go on the track after the game - it has nothing to do with the team we are playing and wether we win or lose.  WE are those boys PARENTS, TEACHERS, FRIENDS and FAMILY.  ALL of the boys on ALL of the fields are precious to someone that is watching.  They give it their all for those 4 quarters each Friday night, they practice all week long to go out and play what is supposed to be a GAME, so WE can go sit on hard cold bleachers and watch them get hit, tackled, shoved, etc.  When the game is over - AT ANY FIELD - WE go on that track to support our team.  Some times we are fortunate enough to visit with other teams players as well and just let them know that win or lose they all did a great job and played a good game and most of all WE ARE PROUD OF THEM.  As adults that is our job.  Set the example.  Teach them right from wrong.  They are our kids and our future!!  None of these kids from ANYWHERE should be allowed to get away with this. 

As far as the flag goes - why such an issue?  It is a spirit thing for all games, it wasn't an "Oh, lets just do this at Buna and see if we can tick them off"  - while evacuated for Ike we went to the Temple/Plano game in Temple.  When Plano scored they ran a mascot flag down the center of the field followed by 5 flags that spelled out PLANO.  It isn't anything to do with disrespecting a team.  It is about supporting your own.  That is why we have teams, mascots, colors, etc.  Go with it - HAVE FUN - let the kids have fun!!  It isn't like anyone went up and spit on your mascot or anything. 

Not sure about Thursday - think the family was there for JV game maybe - not like they just went for the peprally.  Wasn't there - not getting into that.

Yall think about it though - these kids are watching everything we say and do.  If we are fussing and all - they are soaking it up.  Teach them what you want them to be!!  Don't be a bad example.  They are grown and gone before you know it.  Make these games good times and show how proud you are.

I would like to know who the kids from Buna that flipped Deweyville off were. I didn't see any of that. Not to say it did'nt happen. And for the other thing. They were stomping on our Cougar and had the flag stuck in it. If it isn't disrespect then how come they are the only team that has ever done it to us? It just so happens that it was Deweyville. It was a very emotional game. And when the players were walking by to shake the opponents hands. It was shown that Deweyville did not want too. I still shook everyone's hand. It's just weird how it happened and with the kid tryin to make fun of us at the pep rally and stuff. I appologize for the disrespect our kid's showed. I will do my best that it doesn't happen again.

I would like to know who the kids from Buna that flipped Deweyville off were. I didn't see any of that. Not to say it did'nt happen. And for the other thing. They were stomping on our Cougar and had the flag stuck in it. If it isn't disrespect then how come they are the only team that has ever done it to us? It just so happens that it was Deweyville. It was a very emotional game. And when the players were walking by to shake the opponents hands. It was shown that Deweyville did not want too. I still shook everyone's hand. It's just weird how it happened and with the kid tryin to make fun of us at the pep rally and stuff. I appologize for the disrespect our kid's showed. I will do my best that it doesn't happen again.

Not sure on numbers - was too shocked. 

I didn't see the flag on the field - I do understand now the problem with it.  It is usually just on sideline and cheerleaders play with it if we score and the team comes in with it when they come on field.

Just hate to see it get to where it is such a bad thing to go to.  We are neighbors and it should be fun. 

Will have to hope for the best!

Thanks for your response!!  Good luck with rest of the season.

Just a few simple comments here from a new person to this forum and somewhat new to this high school football thing.  Not planning a fussing match or a he said she said kind of thing just take a minute to read it and think about it.  PLEASE!   ;)

We left Beaumont a years ago to get away from all this negativity and hatred - and for the most part all is great.  This was my 2nd year to attend the Buna/Deweyville game.  They were unlike any football game I have ever attended.  Both games were played hard and great guys are out there giving all they have.  EXCEPT for sportsmanship!  All of them should be held responsible for their actions and EXPECTED to show good sportsmanship toward any and all teams. 

I personally witnessed the Buna player refuse to go thru the line last year after the game, then flip the parents in the deweyville stands off and cuss at us.  This game I witnessed a group of about 6 flipping off the stands as they walked off the field.  YES, players IN UNIFORM!!  Sorry, I didn't have my camera out or would send you a picture.   Yes they won - no questions there - we get it, it isn't about winning or losing .... but being allowed to be so disrespectful is where the no class comments from everyone is coming into play.  Play the game, take the hits, give it all you got and go on.  Its a GAME - not life and not death - A GAME!!!  Emotions are flowing from the teams and the fans - but the negativity needs to be knocked out or it will only get worse which it seems to be doing already.   High school sports shouldn't be about how many enemies you can make - play and have fun. 

And to BUNA 95 - your comment: (As far as Buna not having class, you did not see our fans on the field after the game. And believe me we were not scared. What was it about 100 Dville fans to 3,000 Buna. The way I see it, it started when a couple of your guys showed up at our peprally on Thursday. Then it was the flag thing.)   

You may want to visit some other games and watch at its end (you are welcome to come to a Dville game and be our guest sometime).  We ALWAYS go on the track after the game - it has nothing to do with the team we are playing and wether we win or lose.  WE are those boys PARENTS, TEACHERS, FRIENDS and FAMILY.  ALL of the boys on ALL of the fields are precious to someone that is watching.  They give it their all for those 4 quarters each Friday night, they practice all week long to go out and play what is supposed to be a GAME, so WE can go sit on hard cold bleachers and watch them get hit, tackled, shoved, etc.  When the game is over - AT ANY FIELD - WE go on that track to support our team.  Some times we are fortunate enough to visit with other teams players as well and just let them know that win or lose they all did a great job and played a good game and most of all WE ARE PROUD OF THEM.  As adults that is our job.  Set the example.  Teach them right from wrong.  They are our kids and our future!!  None of these kids from ANYWHERE should be allowed to get away with this. 

As far as the flag goes - why such an issue?  It is a spirit thing for all games, it wasn't an "Oh, lets just do this at Buna and see if we can tick them off"  - while evacuated for Ike we went to the Temple/Plano game in Temple.  When Plano scored they ran a mascot flag down the center of the field followed by 5 flags that spelled out PLANO.  It isn't anything to do with disrespecting a team.  It is about supporting your own.  That is why we have teams, mascots, colors, etc.  Go with it - HAVE FUN - let the kids have fun!!  It isn't like anyone went up and spit on your mascot or anything. 

Not sure about Thursday - think the family was there for JV game maybe - not like they just went for the peprally.  Wasn't there - not getting into that.

Yall think about it though - these kids are watching everything we say and do.  If we are fussing and all - they are soaking it up.  Teach them what you want them to be!!  Don't be a bad example.  They are grown and gone before you know it.   Make these games good times and show how proud you are.

Sorry, if I ruffled your feathers. I call it as I see it, and I'm not just badmouthing Dvill. You can pull up my old post and find where I even disliked some of the things Buna has done in the past as well. Perhaps its all taken out of context? All I know is that this is a rivalry, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. As far as the PARENTS, TEACHERS, FRIENDS and FAMILY going on the field, I guess once again we are the ones that stick to the rules set by the UIL. The UIL states that all fans are to remain off the playing field until ALL players, coaches, and performers are off the field. :o;):D You can also see that I have never badmouthed a kid or will I ever. I was a kid once and I'm sure I've done some crazy stuff in the heat of the moment as well. Remember its all fun, even for us adults.  ;) With that said good luck Dvill and hope to see you in the playoffs. Perhaps we could play the first ever playoff game at the new reservation. With that being said I'm out. Talk to you next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder