• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to say sabine and no im not getting cocky

this is my opinion so im not trying to be negative

and yes spurger could win this as well

BUT ONLY TIME CAN TELL

I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON

LETS HAVE A GOOD ONE

Well the conventional wisdom has to be with Spurger, but let me say that the Rebels are entering their second full season with Coach Jason Wilkins at the helm and the Rebels only lost one senior from last years squad.

The Rebels won't even begin to think about basketball until an hour or so after their last football game, when ever that might be as all but I believe one player are in football.

The Rebel gym is still under repair and I have not heard if they hope to have it up and ready for the start of the season. One plus this season is the new floor in the Elementary gym which I am sure will be utilized by one or more teams allowing more court time for all the teams. I would say that the Rebels could possibly have freshman, JV and varsity squads in both boys and girls, but I can guarantee that they have at least JV and varsity.

So to the rest of 25A; the Rebels have had a couple of lean years, but things are swinging back in the Rebels direction, who knows maybe it will be this year?

I agree about Evadale that they are well coached and have a improving team.

I am impressed with Evadale's Coach Wilkins and have watched the growth of the players since they were in Little Dribblers. How can one not over look the fan support either?

Spurger should be the team to beat in the district. Yes, like each school, there are losses of players to graduation and at some of the schools there are new coaches. With all of this said, each team will be "finding" itself and seeing what works or doesn't work. Spurger lost good players that got them to the playoff's last year, but again, each team lost enough from last year to make a big enough difference that each has a clean slate.

I for one enjoyed watching Big Sandy play. They are well coached and the team certainly has the heart of champions. Said to see them move out of the district, I do wish them well. Will miss seeing Catman at the games.

Time will tell how the season will play out and I am looking forward to this season. As one said in a previous post, it is district play that counts. So to all of the schools and teams in the district, good luck and let enjoy some good games.

Don't overlook HD.They will also be VERY well coached and will be in the 2nd year of a new system.Spurger has a ton of young talent but they will have to mature and learn to play at the varsity level on the road to be considered as the favorite.That won't happen overnight so be patient with the pirates.I'm not on the SP bandwagon,they haven't been to the playoffs for as long as I can remember and I don't see them going this year.I think HD wins it and then it's a toss up with Spurger,WH and Evadale.

The last time SP went to the basketball playoffs was 2003. Its been a long drought for the Sharks. 25 1a is a tough district, however you have to think that Spurger would be the front runner after their run last year. SP has to play consistent to be competitive in the district, Respect is earned not just given Sharks. SP lets stop talking on the boards and get to work so good things can happen. Good Luck To all of 25 1a this year!!

The last time SP went to the basketball playoffs was 2003. Its been a long drought for the Sharks. 25 1a is a tough district, however you have to think that Spurger would be the front runner after their run last year. SP has to play consistent to be competitive in the district, Respect is earned not just given Sharks. SP lets stop talking on the boards and get to work so good things can happen. Good Luck To all of 25 1a this year!!

Spurger did put together a solid run last year.When they got in trouble they counted on Phillip to control the paint on both ends of the floor.When teams collapsed JT could fill it up from behind the arc.I'm not saying Spurger won't be solid I'm just saying they are unproven to this point.

Is anyone "proven" at this point? I mean, unless a team brings to the floor all 5 starters and several more on the bench from last year or years, every team is unproven.

As stated before, each team is walking on the floor with a mix of new players, new combinations and new coaches.

Good luck to each team in the district and the area as well!

Is anyone "proven" at this point? I mean, unless a team brings to the floor all 5 starters and several more on the bench from last year or years, every team is unproven.

As stated before, each team is walking on the floor with a mix of new players, new combinations and new coaches.

well said

I agree with you ghost 100% , there are no proven teams yet.I enjoy watching Spurger play and have traveled numerous times over the years to watch them.I hope they do well this year, I just want the folks to give them a chance to mature as a team before they set the bar so high.I have no doubt this club will be very good in the years to come ,just don't throw them under the bus if they don't make it back to the regional finals this year.Good luck to all the clubs in this district,I look forward to watching some of the small school battles this year.

i feel that spurger will be the most experienced AS A TEAM because going to regionals was huge for all the young guys playing with them last year

well have to see how all this plays out

As it gets closer and closer to the start of the season players are getting more and more eager to get on the court andn play. Sabine Pass, Spurger, and maybe Haul  are going to be the ones racing for first in district. Spurger still has George Whitaker, the younger brother of phillib their outstanding center last year, but with him graduating someone will have to fill a huge spot in the center position. I think spurger is a great team bu tSabine Pass will definetly be ready to give them a run for their money. Sabine has 3 out standing guards that know how to move the ball and are smart with it most of the time. Drew Carlos, Nigel Wasson, and Felix Jones will decide the journey the sharks take this year. The sharks have a senior center that was injured last year so he wasnt 100% all season. Im not sayin the sharks are hands down going to win this district but i will say its going to be a very exciting season for the teams of district 25 1a.

well said

I agree also with nothinbutnet and the rest of you guys. No matter what happened last year it has to be proven on the hard wood this year.I do think Spurger will take the experienced they gained from last season into this season and grow from that.I also think this district will be tight up to final games of the year.Good luck to all.  ;D ;D

With Big Sandy changing districts and Spurger's losses to graduation this district just got a lot closer.I dont think you will be able to call a loss in this district an upset unless it comes at the hands of HI.Most of the top 4 clubs in this district will probably win at home,the district champ will steal a couple on the road.I like HD's chances and I wouldn't bet against WH once Copeland gets his legs under him.Spurger/Evadale and Sabine Pass are all real close as well.The champ here could easily go 8-2.This should be fun good luck to all the clubs.

I think it will be

1. Spurger

2. HD

3. SP or Evadale

WH----- The new BBall coach will have to come up with something better than copeland to the right and copeland to the left for me to get on board.

I don't think WH hired a new coach until late in the summer but he definitely has a building block in Copeland,he is hands down the best player in the district.That being said I agree he has to have a little help and I think they know that in Saratoga.I don't know how heavy graduation hit HD but I know they have some athletic kids over there and Henry gets more out of less than just about anybody around.I don't see much seperation in the 5 clubs listed here.My only concern with Spurger will be youth and a brand new system.I hope the parents in Spurger give the young guy a fair shot,if they do he will have solid club over the next couple of years.Dang I'm ready to watch some hoops.

I think it will be

1. Spurger

2. HD

3. SP or Evadale

WH----- The new BBall coach will have to come up with something better than copeland to the right and copeland to the left for me to get on board.

That seems to work just fine for copeland but they cant expect him to carry to load every night unless they plan to hold teams under 40 pts every night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics