cleveland 69 shepherd 3 final

Guest shsu31

Word on the street is that the shepherd school board has been shooting the program in the foot all season long.  There are two members that have been trying to undermine Coach Hanks all season long.  This could have been a better season for shepherd but not with this crap going on.  Coach has another season left on his contract and this school should have to pay up.  Coach and his staff deserve better, and the two know it alls on the board deserve what they get.

Guest tigersvoice

Word on the street is that the shepherd school board has been shooting the program in the foot all season long.  There are two members that have been trying to undermine Coach Hanks all season long.  This could have been a better season for shepherd but not with this crap going on.  Coach has another season left on his contract and this school should have to pay up.  Coach and his staff deserve better, and the two know it alls on the board deserve what they get.

How are 2 members of the school board affecting the play of the football team?  Are they also assistant coaches?  Are they paying players to just lay down?  You post a very interesting comment/situation that deserves more explanation.  Specifically, how are these 2 undermining Coach Hanks?

OK 2 games into the season they call him before the board to let him know they don't like the direction the team is headed.  This is after the storm when 2 games have been lost and they try to get enough votes to reassign him then.  They get 3 votes need 4.  They second guess everything he does and have teachers and admin. that cheer them on.  One of the two members will smile in his face, pat him on the back with one hand and stab him with the other.  There is more than one way to get kids to lay down.

It is true that the school board has tried to oust hanks and parents have treated him and his assistants poorly by verbally attacking them from the stands, parents complain at board meetings that certain players are not playing enough or in what they perceive to be the wrong positions. But the bottom line here is that the team has not produced, turnovers, poor execution and just poor play in general is the real reason the team is ofer. Yes, ultimately the responsibility falls on the head coach. But make no mistake about it, the school board has it out for Hanks and has not stood behind him. I can assure you that whomever  they bring in next will face the same issues that hanks and his staff are facing now

So it is OK to come on here and spread hearsay? But when I assume that since you are from Silsbee you may have got your info from one of the two people stirring the pot, I am spreading dirty laundry?  Give me a break.  Fact still remains there are two members of the board that think they no more than anyone else and they think that their kids make no mistakes.

Don't live in Silsbee.

But like I said, merely said something heard by someone who lives in Shepherd at a game that had nothing to do with Shepherd by the way, and the person mentioned how sad it is that coaches jobs are on the line a lot more than people think. Which I agreed with him on. Then he brought up the information he had heard, and from what you yourself added on here must be true that the board in Shepherd was looking to get rid of Hanks.

Bottom line is that this is a public forum. I did not state anything slanderous or negative about someone. I merely stated something that I had heard that seemed relevant considering how much Shepherd bashing has gone on in the past on this same website.

You are just mad because I merely pointed out how you are just as guilty of spreading hearsay as I am. What makes your information that you voluntarily placed on here any more hearsay than mine? Nothing.

You did just what I did and if you don't like what I did then you could have addressed it by saying I should not say something I don't know is the truth, which would be correct. I apologize for saying something that I don't know is going to happen. But yet you fail to acknowledge your role in continuing the conversation.

Before you get into a battle of words with someone then you might want to check to make sure that you have not done the same thing you accuse someone else of.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdb****  Two pieces of advice for you:

1) I would caution against representing your opinion as fact.

2) Unless you're intentionally trying to infuriate, I wouldn't make references to anyone's children.

Did I say anything about anyones child?  Unless there are kids on the Shepherd School Board, I don't think so.  Also who was the successful AD?  And also what would be needed for fact.  I thought it was something you personally saw or witnessed.  That would be a fact wouldn't it? 

why did the old AD leave?

JDB  needs to answer that question!     :)

I think it has been well documented that there were mistakes made by people on the board in the past.  Does that make it right to continue on the same path?  Until everybody realizes that you can't turn a program around in 2 years 4 months nothing will change.  When the new AD gets here he must be given the chance to succeed.  He must be given the staff needed to succeed and he must be left alone to do his job.  This will be something different than the last three coaches have got.  Just because a board member made unwise decisions while he was on the board, does not excuse the current board.  Now that is just my opinion.

Good luck Pirates!!!

So it is OK to come on here and spread hearsay? But when I assume that since you are from Silsbee you may have got your info from one of the two people stirring the pot, I am spreading dirty laundry?  Give me a break.  Fact still remains there are two members of the board that think they no more than anyone else and they think that their kids make no mistakes.

-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

Actually, that is talking about the parents, not the kids.  But I guess it would be OK if I set in the stands and yelled out to get that kid out of the game, or said that they were doing an injustice to the school by not telling the coach to get their kid out of the game. 

Its funny, last time a coach left i lost friends for my opinion against the coach, now it is the other way around.  I think I like this side better.

i disagree that you can't turn a program around in 2 years and 4 months. the program was "turned around" in the first year and has continued on that path ever since.

OK your right.  Let the school pay the man what they owe him and let him go.  Shepherd used to be a place that would honor a contract.  We will see how it goes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476