With all of the rain.....

jake94

How would you say the rain impacts the Nederland/Central game??

On one hand, a wet field should slow the Jags down a bit since they have the speed edge. Yes, it also slows Nederland down too, but they are not really built on speed.

On the other hand, it could wreak havoc on the passing game for Nederland if the ball is wet and make us rely more heavily on Grogan. Or does it make the passing game better since the QB and Wr's know the routes and the defense has to react on a slick field?

What are y'alls thoughts?

Favor....Jags.  Most of our plays are not cutbacks and things like that.  We just run at you.  We don't pass much anyway. 

Nederland's offense is more finess with the good widouts.  Will Bellows be able to make accurate passes with a wet ball?  Will Cardenas and Co. make good catches and make great pivots?  With Grogan's size, will he have enough traction to escape Jag defenders?  These are questions that will be answered tomorrow night.

Central would have to be favored if the field is wet.  I think Central's defense will shut down Nederland's passing game.  Grogan running all night will wear him out.  I saw him having to be pulled out alot when we played them to catch his breath.  He's a BIG boy for sure, but that weight will catch up to you if you are running all night.  With the rain, I think Central will prevail and come away with the win.

A good hard rain is the ultimate equalizer.  Espically in today's football with spread teams and passing games.  The rain normally slows everyone down and takes away athleticism.  The solid rain will normally bring out a running game and then it's left up to, who's the toughest.

Come to think of it..... Wasn't it raining for most of the first half last year when these two teams faced one another? I am not certain that it was, but my foggy memory is telling me it was. I believe the start was delayed because the lights at the Babe were not working. Anyone remember what the weather was like that night?

A good hard rain is the ultimate equalizer.  Espically in today's football with spread teams and passing games.  The rain normally slows everyone down and takes away athleticism.  The solid rain will normally bring out a running game and then it's left up to, who's the toughest.

Depends on your philosophy and mentality.  Rain games are perfect for teams that can throw and for teams who aren't scared about throwing in the conditions.  I've seen some of the best passing results in rain/mud games.  Some though, think you have to run it ALL the time.  I believe otherwise.

Come to think of it..... Wasn't it raining for most of the first half last year when these two teams faced one another? I am not certain that it was, but my foggy memory is telling me it was. I believe the start was delayed because the lights at the Babe were not working. Anyone remember what the weather was like that night?

I don't think that was the case.  Our first 2 games (Baytown Lee and Brook) were rainy and muddy games.  The Nederland/Central 2007 game was dry conditions, I believe.  We played Nederland later on in district.

Actually, my wife just brought up the fact earlier this evening that we wore ponchos the whole first half last year. She does not forget ANYTHING. It's actually weird that we had more success in the 1st half in the rain as a finesse passing team last season than we did after the rain stopped.

:o My question is why was Soulja out at Jaguar stadium today with a fire hose spraying down the field??? hmmmm I wonder if he thought it didnt rain enough today ..... I guess its the ole trial and error system ... Trying out the wet field vs finesse football?? Ole Soulja and his mental war tactics...

::) ::) ::):o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D;) ;) ;)

:o My question is why was Soulja out at Jaguar stadium today with a fire hose spraying down the field??? hmmmm I wonder if he thought it didnt rain enough today ..... I guess its the ole trial and error system ... Trying out the wet field vs finesse football?? Ole Soulja and his mental war tactics...

::) ::) ::):o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D;) ;) ;)

Who, me?  That was my stunt double that you saw!  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• Don’t think that qualifies, Mat. You was just po’d because the bank was closed. Would’ve been the same if you had forgotten it was Presidents Day, right?
    • Which district has "shown unwillingness to build a championship program"?
    • And just for the record, there's a difference between running from competition and moving to another district because the one you are currently in has shown an unwillingness to build a championship program. Figured I'd clarify that before it came up. 
    • I will never understand the mindset of a parent who thinks teaching their kid to run from competition is what is "best for the kid". Stay and fight it out, if you lose the position, find somewhere else to contribute and help the team. This soft azz mindset is what is wrong with the younger generation and it's not even the kids fault. I am old enough to remember when football was a game that taught life concepts and grew boys into men. Now, it's just like every other sport and treated like a meal ticket for parents, regardless of what the underlying consequences of those decisions may be. Everyone looks for quick returns on investment instead of working to prepare these kids for the tough breaks in life. Makes me sad. 
    • I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
  • Topics