*Barbers Hill at Goose Creek Memorial/52-7 BH Wins/Comments*

We knew it would be tough this year, you can just never get used to having your teeth kicked in every week.  We usually play a good quarter or two each game, then the defense just gets worn down after all the turnovers.  

I thought we were much more physical for the first half last night.  Those two late 2nd quarter TD's really took the wind out of our sails.  We never seemed to recover.

19-4A just has some exceptional athletes.  I would have to say the Casey kid from Crosby has been the best I've seen yet (we get North Forest and the leading rusher on Nov. 7th). I just do not think Barbers Hill has the team speed to keep up with those guys.  No slight to you guys, just the facts.  

Oh well, this too shall pass.  We have survived the "teeth"  of our schedule with very few physical injuries. We just need to stay strong mentally.

Agreed BH's team speed doesn hurt and is very evident as your RB ran for 237 yards last night :o  I think you guys are haveing a good first year despite the 0-5 record you have been in a couple of games, almost won the first one and scored 36 on the districts defending Champ. All you can do is look at the bright spots this year. Next year the patriots will be much improved and the area's that they are feeding from will bring promise. I think You guys will beat Kinwood Park and Galena Park this year, so hold on victory is coming!!! Goodluck to the Patriots and we will see you next year.

Both teams had problems with discipline last night there were 5 Unsportsmans called last night 2 on BH and 3 on GCM. Don't care whos started it ,but thats just uncalled for!! There are some good points in this post and that is that BH has played two JV squads ,so although the wins are nice and I hope they give the guys a much need boost at this point we have to elevate our play if we hope to see the post season. For the Dayton Fans "YOU ARE DREAMING" if you think you will beat BH by 45 points (Yes I will eat Crow if needed). Of course this is my opion and i do think Dayton will win and win big, but they are not the Dayton that everyone thought they would be this year. Loosing all of those Defensive starters at the front of the season realy has hurt!! With that said Dayton is the class of this district and I think NorthForest has given them the only game they will have, but I can't see the logic!

Dayton beats GCM 49-0

BH beats GCM 52-7

Dayton will beat BH 52-7  ??? Hmmmmm am i missing something?

the logic is Dayton didn't allow over 300 yds of offense to GCM and could've easily scored 70 plus (after a 25 day layoff from games). I'm not predicting a blowout myself... but I can see where people are coming from.

True, we gave up a bunch ,but the key was that we bent and did not break! Dayton will beat us i have no doubt, but i am looking forward to these schools competing FINIALY!!!! it should make for a good rival and i think that you will see over the next couple of years we will be a worthy opponent! Goodluck and you can bet I will be supporting the Bronco during the playoffs!!!

Both teams had problems with discipline last night there were 5 Unsportsmans called last night 2 on BH and 3 on GCM. Don't care whos started it ,but thats just uncalled for!! There are some good points in this post and that is that BH has played two JV squads ,so although the wins are nice and I hope they give the guys a much need boost at this point we have to elevate our play if we hope to see the post season. For the Dayton Fans "YOU ARE DREAMING" if you think you will beat BH by 45 points (Yes I will eat Crow if needed). Of course this is my opion and i do think Dayton will win and win big, but they are not the Dayton that everyone thought they would be this year. Loosing all of those Defensive starters at the front of the season realy has hurt!! With that said Dayton is the class of this district and I think NorthForest has given them the only game they will have, but I can't see the logic!

Dayton beats GCM 49-0

BH beats GCM 52-7

the logic is Dayton didn't allow over 300 yds of offense to GCM and could've easily scored 70 plus (after a 25 day layoff from games). I'm not predicting a blowout myself... but I can see where people are coming from.

True, we gave up a bunch ,but the key was that we bent and did not break! Dayton will beat us i have no doubt, but i am looking forward to these schools competing FINIALY!!!! it should make for a good rival and i think that you will see over the next couple of years we will be a worthy opponent! Goodluck and you can bet I will be supporting the Bronco during the playoffs!!!

I along with many of the Bronco fans know what is on the way up at BH!! I hope this develops into a good rivalry. Good luck to you guys as well, I hope ya'll find a way to get in the post season.

Dayton beats GCM 49-0

BH beats GCM 52-7

I along with many of the Bronco fans know what is on the way up at BH!! I hope this develops into a good rivalry. Good luck to you guys as well, I hope ya'll find a way to get in the post season.

You and me both ;D I'm thinking about blocking 146 in an atemp to block traffic. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder how long after the game starts before they would have to call a forfiet ??? I THINK I HAVE FOUND A WAY ;D ;D ;D Just kidding I have faith in the Eagles anything can happen they just need to play hard and stay focused and limit mistakes

Well it was an entertaining game to watch (for BH fans).  GCM has got some athletes and will be much better next year.  Think they have a real shot at getting their first win against Kingwood Park.  It was obvious from the GCM players body language they were frustrated.  I felt bad for them but you got to give them lots of credit for for the effort they have put out this year.

Funny, I haven't heard any coach-bashing in the last couple of weeks, guess that will start back up soon. ;)  Maybe we should switch to the the winged-tee or the wishbone offense balance of the year, this new-fangled spread offense just doesn't work   ;D

I wasn't able to attend last night's game but I've been hearing about the t-shirts alot of Goose Creek's student body was wearing. Can't believe nobody has mentioned it on here. Supposedly it was a play on the BH phrase.."We can, we will, we are Barbers Hill ". I'm told the shirts read.."We can't, we won't, beat Barbers Hill." Well, at least they were correct.  ;)

Well it was an entertaining game to watch (for BH fans).  GCM has got some athletes and will be much better next year.  Think they have a real shot at getting their first win against Kingwood Park.  It was obvious from the GCM players body language they were frustrated.  I felt bad for them but you got to give them lots of credit for for the effort they have put out this year.

Funny, I haven't heard any coach-bashing in the last couple of weeks, guess that will start back up soon. ;)  Maybe we should switch to the the winged-tee or the wishbone offense balance of the year, this new-fangled spread offense just doesn't work   ;D

The last two teams we have played didn't need any coaching ;D we are back with big boys this week lets see how the QB left, right, middle plays out against a Senior laden team ;D

Memorial displayed lack of discipline when after the whistle had blown - they slapped BH players on the helmet - kicked the player still on the ground - and threw punches to the players on the bottom of the pile. This happened at the JV game as well.  The Memorial coaches need to get a handle on their players or they will never gain any respect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124