BC's Matt Hicks

Vidor needs no move ins. We are doing very well growing our own players. With the group we have coming back there wouldn't be anywhere for them to play anyway.

I guess we can chalk up a district championship for Vidor then. First of all he was joking about my kids that are 8 and 9. Second of all I can't imagine any team not having a place for kids to play if they are good. I guess Vidor wouldn't have had a spot for Matt Hicks!!!!!!!!!

[/quote  I bet hes wishing he would not have posted now. Kinda of embarrising for him :D. I will be at the football game tomorrow may see you there. Take it easy on us

Yall take it easy on us. I know that ole "take it easy on us trick". See you tomorrow and good luck to Vidor tonight and tomorrow, just more tonight if you know what I mean  :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright im tired of this bs none of yall no matt like i do besides his aunt and uncle so yall all need to stop saying this is selfish i mean i was a little mad at first to but because my friend was moving not cause he wasnt going to be playing baseball for bc yall need to get a life and stop crying on here its pretty sad because most of yall are adults. Pathetic!!

alright im tired of this bs none of yall no matt like i do besides his aunt and uncle so yall all need to stop saying this is selfish i mean i was a little mad at first to but because my friend was moving not cause he wasnt going to be playing baseball for bc yall need to get a life and stop crying on here its pretty sad because most of yall are adults. Pathetic!!

Well said cardinals4life!!!!  I've never seen Matt play, but he sounds like a pretty special ballplayer.  Good Luck.

Matt Hicks is no VJ Bunner. If he had switched to Vidor he might able start in the infield next year and would be the # 2 pitcher.

ha thats funny your right he's no vj bunner he's better and he would defiantly be there #1 but it dont matter he's never going to move there if he moves again the only place he would go would be back to BC

I'm just trying to figure out if vpride is a parent or player, regardless they seem to be a little concerned over playing time. ;D  I would hate for that 8 yr old to come in and take their spot. ;D ;D ;D

He's a switch hitter so you never know.  ;D

Matt Hicks is no VJ Bunner. If he had switched to Vidor he might able start in the infield next year and would be the # 2 pitcher.

Like I said, I expect a district championship from Vidor this year. I don't know the Bunner kid but I would love to see the team that Matt couldn't start for. Good luck.

Guest vpirate

Like I said, I expect a district championship from Vidor this year. I don't know the Bunner kid but I would love to see the team that Matt couldn't start for. Good luck.

Matt would definitely start for Vidor.  Anyone who says different has lost their mind.  I think Chaz Bruce will be the ss this year.  If I know chaz, he would move back to secound in a heartbeat to have Matt.  Not going to happen anyway, so good luck to you, Matt...  Great player!

As far as pitching goes, Matt Hicks or Trae Hester as #1.  Wish we had to make that choice...

Matt would definitely start for Vidor.  Anyone who says different has lost their mind.  I think Chaz Bruce will be the ss this year.  If I know chaz, he would move back to secound in a heartbeat to have Matt.  Not going to happen anyway, so good luck to you, Matt...  Great player!

As far as pitching goes, Matt Hicks or Trae Hester as #1.  Wish we had to make that choice...

Any team in this area wishes they had to make that choice. Along with some other talent in Orange County.

Guest vpirate

Hicks could and would start for any school he went to. He is that good, end of discussion.

No argument here...

I do think this discussion needs to end.  He's a good player and seems to be a good kid...  Let him be..

I just have to put my two cents in.  First off, I do not know this young man and I wish him all the best and rest of the BC community.  This community have been through soooo much.  Second, was Matty enrolled in BC for the 09 school year.  If he was than how can all of you say he was recruited.  Also, I don't think it is against La school rules not to recruited but I might be mistaken on this.  Whether or not this young man decided to move from BC to Lake Charles is no body's but his and his mother business so until you are in his shoes and now exactly why he chose to go Lake Charles I honestly think everyone needs to keep their opinions and accusations to themselves.  Just maybe the ones that are making the accusations are jealous because little johnny wasn't recruited just my opionion.

I just have to put my two cents in.  First off, I do not know this young man and I wish him all the best and rest of the BC community.  This community have been through soooo much.  Second, was Matty enrolled in BC for the 09 school year.  If he was than how can all of you say he was recruited.  Also, I don't think it is against La school rules not to recruited but I might be mistaken on this.  Whether or not this young man decided to move from BC to Lake Charles is no body's but his and his mother business so until you are in his shoes and now exactly why he chose to go Lake Charles I honestly think everyone needs to keep their opinions and accusations to themselves.  Just maybe the ones that are making the accusations are jealous because little johnny wasn't recruited just my opionion.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

• 3 weeks later...

I have never posted on this before because frankly I think it is one of the stupidest things that has ever been started.  But I heard that there was a posting about Matt Hicks and I had to read what people had to say.  I really expected to only find nice things because I have known Matt his entire life and know what kind of baseball player and KID he is.  And if I had to choose if he was a better kid or baseball player I would have to say he is a much better KID and I know that is saying a lot  But I should have known better...We are taught as young kids to be kind to one another and treat others how we want to be treated.  Obviously, that lesson is lost on several of the people that have posted.  I can see some of the talk coming from kids because some maybe mad or even disappointed, but I know that most of it is from adults and that is just terrible.  By you posting these horrible things about a KID you are telling your children that it is ok to say horrible things about other people.  I know that Matt is the most polite and well manner kid and I know that he thinks before he opens his mouth, unlike all you jealous folks that are posting horrible things about him.  Another sad thing is that known of you people have any confidence in a Bridge City team without him.  They will be fine and this absurd talk needs to stop.  My husband who knows nothing about baseball, but knows Matt had one comment on this subject.  "I am sad that he is leaving because he has such a positive influence on the people around him.  People are better for having met him and for being his friend"

Keep up the hard work Matt.  Do not let these idiots bother you. 

• 2 weeks later...