*Dayton vs. North Forest Updates/48-30 dayton Wins/Comments*

North Forest played an AWEsome game!

Was really concerned in the 3rd quarter.

Dayton had to punt on their first possession and pinned North Forest on the 5 yard line.

North Forest didn't pass the ball once and drove down the field and scored.

No one has done that against Dayton in a long time (running not throwing)

North Forest has some superb athletes and thank goodness they finally have a coach that is directing their talent.

For all you 20-4A teams....

I can see Dayton and North Forest winning in the first round.

As for Dayton...

Cody Green finally had some quality runs.

In the 3rd and 4th quarter the offense finally started clicking.

AJ made one of the greatest catches I have ever videoed to score the 1st TD of the 4th quarter.

This was a great game.

Will take a while to get the highlights up.

Have been at a few of the Broncs games this year and while they have an amazing array of talent on the offensive side of the ball the defense is lacking and that showed Saturday.

I think that they will win the district but that they won't make it past the second round of the playoffs.

defense did struggle especially when you give a team like north forest a short field which seemed to be the issue in the first have. North forest is a quality team and very well coached.

Looked like #8 while I was videoing...

What an unbelievable catch!

Can't wait to get the video on the computer and get it posted on the internet

Not only that, but while I was still in shock from the one handed TD catch they pulled off that FANTASTIC 2 point conversion!!!  All I could say was WOW for about 5 to 10 minutes!!! :o :o

I would LOVE to see the video of both the TD and the conversion!  Hey Purple did you get it too?

Looked like #8 while I was videoing...

What an unbelievable catch!

Can't wait to get the video on the computer and get it posted on the internet

Not only that, but while I was still in shock from the one handed TD catch they pulled off that FANTASTIC 2 point conversion!!!  All I could say was WOW for about 5 to 10 minutes!!! :o :o

I would LOVE to see the video of both the TD and the conversion!  Hey Purple did you get it too?

The catch was by #6.

One of the greatest catches I have seen.

UNBELIEVABLE!

The video is on the computer, I have to edit it.

I will try my hardest to get it loaded up to hsgametime.com by 10 PM.

Looks like Dayton and North Forest stand an excellent chance of knocking out their 20-4A opponent.

Will be interesting to see how the playoff matches pair up.

20-4A is really a horse race.

Almost every team has a shot of being in the top 4.

Broncos rally to beat North Forest

From sports staff reports

Baytown Sun

Published October 5, 2008

DAYTON – Cody Green threw for three touchdowns and ran for three more Saturday night to lead the Dayton Broncos to a come-from-behind 48-30 win over North Forest.

North Forest led 23-21 at halftime and expanded that lead to 30-21 with 5:25 left in the third period on a 95-yard scoring drive.

The Broncos bounced back with 27 unanswered points.

Green scored on a seven-yard run, then gave Dayton a go-ahead score on the first play of the final period, a 29-yard pass to Cameron LaCour.

The Broncos closed out that period with Green scoring from 11 yards out and A.J. Dugat adding a seven-yard TD run.

Green threw for 119 yards and rushed for 151 yards on 16 carries.

Dayton improves to 3-1 on the season, 2-0 in District 19-4A. North Forest is 3-1, 1-1.

BCA drops to 0-1 in TAPPS district play

HOUSTON—Baytown Christian Academy lost to Pope John 38-0 Saturday.

The game was the TAPPS Division 3 District 4 opener for both teams.

The Lions, 1-2 overall, improved to 1-0 in TAPPS Division 3 District 4 with the win while the Bulldogs dropped to 0-3, 0-1

BCA coach Donald Houser said Pope John was able to convert a third and long on its first possesion of the game for a touchdown and they were able to score two more times quickly after that.

On the ensuing kickoff, the Lions were able to recover a Bulldog fumble and turned that into a touchdown to make it 14-0.

The Lions would then follow that touchdown with another one on the next Bulldog possesion.

The Lions forced another fumble to make it 21-0 five minutes ino the ballgame.

Houser said that seniors Russel Restivo and Young Bohle recieved most of the carries for the Bulldogs and that freshmen Tony Avery stepped up and played well at free safety.

The Bulldogs’ next game is their first home game of the year against Cypress Christian Friday at 7 p.m.0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83