*PN-G vs. LC-M.....PNG WINS 34-7*

KFDM COOP

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me... bears have no hope. nor coaches, guess moody brainwashes his coaches and its his way or the highway come to find out...

You must be one tough individual to impress. Indians put up 270 yards in 1st half while only giving up 20. That was pretty impressive.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me... bears have no hope. nor coaches, guess moody brainwashes his coaches and its his way or the highway come to find out...

You have to understand that ALL of the teams in the area haven't been practicing too long after the hurricane put a two week damper on everybody. I would say that over 400 yards of offense is impressive no matter who you play.  I don't know who you root for, but if it's LCM I would think anything would impress you.

If that is the case scalp 'em, then you should be impressed with Nederland as well as they had 400 yards of offense last night as well...i would venture to say that Ozen is better than LCM, although I have not seen LCM...MCM will be it's usual, highly competetive game.

I was commenting on the above post, and I am impressed with Ned's performance compared to last years team :o Should be a good game for one half and then PNG pulls away ;)

Layinem, may want to read up on the spread and what it brings before you comment.  Don't want you to sound to ignorant buddy.  The spread has nothing to do with throwing the ball 50 times a game.  It's all about "SPREADING" the field and creating mismatches.  You'll see those mismatches this Saturday, I'll get you a book if you'd like... on me.

Good point penny...spread does not equal throw (see West Virginia under Rich Rodriguez)...Grogan had 28 carries last week against Ozen and we ran for more yardage than we threw for, although the attack was pretty balanced, which I think is great...I was really pleased to see the improvement in the run blocking for Nederland, particularly against what was a large D-line for Ozen...Nederland was clearly the smaller team, but pretty much had its way up front...we did not see this last year and that is why we were a predominantly throwing team...it was our only option...last week is only one game, but it appears the Dogs are headed in the right direction with being able to implement a balanced offensive attack.

i went and checked this game out... PNG did not impress me...

Why, because they didn't score 50+???

That is Matt's MO. He doesn't like to run up the score. He never has.

What else didn't impress you?

The 24 yards allowed in the first half before the starters came out.

The 0 first downs allowed at halftime (the 1 gained was not earned-penalty).

The fact that PNG didn't throw the ball all over the place with the spread offense. Tatum was dead on target all night long and could have thrown for 300+ if unleashed. Don't forget that a couple of his incompletions were drops and one would have been a long TD on the post route.

The spread offense is no longer a rarity. It used to be that a defense would be at a disadvantage when preparing for the spread because they only saw it once or maybe twice a year, but not anymore. Now everybody is running it and I think this is what is making PNG so successful right now with the power running attack. I think most teams preping for the running attack are just not used to it.

So far PNG has faced three teams all running the spread. Nederland runs it, Vidor runs it, Ozen ran it (hear they are going back to basics), Central has run it recently.  Lumberton and PNG pound it out and are succesful lately and Nederland was a playoff regular before they went to the spread (go figure). While I agree PNG needs to throw more and use more playaction, because come playoff time you have to be more two dimensional, I can't fault the results.

A couple of years ago I thought Moody was going to be a good coach after watching what they did to PNG, but this guy is a real moron. Down 28-0, late in the 3rd quarter, 4th and 3 near PNG's 45 yard line, when every one in the stadium knew that they were going to run a fake punt, he did it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you run the fake punt when you think you can catch the defense off gaurd. Why would you not just run a play???? They had actually moved the ball a little on that drive.

LCM is young and with a new coach and better direction they could be a force in a couple of years. I was shocked that the big WR #80 was only a freshman.

heck you have it all figured out.....................

You have to understand that ALL of the teams in the area haven't been practicing too long after the hurricane put a two week damper on everybody. I would say that over 400 yards of offense is impressive no matter who you play.  I don't know who you root for, but if it's LCM I would think anything would impress you.

If that is the case scalp 'em, then you should be impressed with Nederland as well as they had 400 yards of offense last night as well...i would venture to say that Ozen is better than LCM, although I have not seen LCM...MCM will be it's usual, highly competetive game.

I would put lcm and ozen as a toss up. 

Also, you can line up any way you want on offense and call it anything you want.  Nederland has never accomplished the spread since they switched.  Last night they throw for 180 and run for 220.  Seems like they are trying to go back to the bread and butter.......they just call it the spread.

lcm vs ozen a toss up??? your high

so if you run the out of the spread your not really in the spread is that what your saying?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami