Anahuac vs Hardin. Who wins?

HtownHornet

well it depends, if Anahuac plays like they did the first half against Hardin-Jefferson Anahuac will win big. If they play like they did the second half, Hardin will win big.. Anahuac doesn't know how to come from behind or believes they can come back and win a game. I am not sure if it is the youth on the team or what. Barbay has a lot of work a head of him..

Anahuac 21

Hardin    28

well it depends, if Anahuac plays like they did the first half against Hardin-Jefferson Anahuac will win big. If they play like they did the second half, Hardin will win big.. Anahuac doesn't know how to come from behind or believes they can come back and win a game. I am not sure if it is the youth on the team or what. Barbay has a lot of work a head of him..

Anahuac 21

Hardin    28

i think your right about that. if anahuac show up to play this should be one good game.

anahuac 35

hardin 28

Should be a very good game. I think it will have alot to do with who gets in and who stays at home this year. and maybe even who takes the title.! I also think both defenses are struggling..so im gonna say its a pretty high scoring game. but last year anahuac couldn't tackle villemez and he has gotten alot stronger and alot faster. im taking the hornets in a close 35-28

Panthers open 23-2A district play at Hardin

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun

Published October 3, 2008

The Anahuac Panthers look to correct the mistakes they made against Hardin-Jefferson last week when they take on the Hardin Hornets tonight at 7:30 p.m.

The game is the District 23-2A opener for both teams.

“We have to cut down on our turnovers,†Anahuac head coach Darrell Barbay said. “They really cost us in the second half against Hardin-Jefferson. We just need to hang onto the football.â€

Another thing Barbay said is the 2-2 Panthers need to be in better shape than they were last week.

“I felt we were out of shape after the hurricane came through and threw our schedules off,†he said. “I feel we are in better shape though this week after getting to play last week and practice all this week. That should help us a lot, too.â€

Barbay said he would like his players to play hard for four quarters.

“Last week was a long, stressful week,†he said. “This week the players were back in a normal routine so I feel that will help us. But I just want them to go out there and play for four quarters. The winning and losing will take care of itself if they do that.â€

The Hornets are 2-1 this year and are led by quarterback John Stelly and running backs Jeremy Dickey and Mitch Villemez.

Stelly is 26 for 45 this year for 419 yards while Dickey has 26 carries for 158 yards.

Villemez is the team’s leading rusher and touchdown scorer with 343 yards rushing on 51 attempts for nine touchdowns.

“We have to stop Villemez,†Barbay said. “If we can stop him we have a good chance to win.â€

The Panthers are led by running back Deior McNeil and quarterback Jacob Pesina.

Pesina is 12 for 31 for 211 yards and one touchdown while McNeil has 43 rushes for 300 yards for the Panthers.

Directions to Hardin:

Take Texas 61 14.2 miles north of I-10, turn left at Texas 90 for 11 miles. Turn right at Texas 146 for 7.5 miles, turn right at FM 834, turn left at Berry.

•••

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa