how would you predict this district if size didnt matter

Guest rykerx144

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No team in this area could beat them as is...many of you'll have said you'll don't think any of our 4a teams can beat WOS you'll also say no 3a and no area 2a can beat wos...

So I guess the question is "Can WOS beat WB?"

Very doubtful that WO-S could beat WB, but I bet they could hang close to them for at least the 1st half.  Outside of WB, WO-S is the best in the area and probably Kirbyville or Newton behind them.  PNG and Nederland both struggled against Jasper in a scrimmage, but that was just a scrimmage.  In a game both would probably beat everyone else in the area with their superior size with exception of WB and WO-S.  Jasper will probably not win but 1 game before district but will be battle tested and be a real threat come playoff time.

So my rankings.

West Brook

WO-S

Dayton

PNG

Kirbyville

Newton

Jasper

Lumberton

Nederland

Guest rykerx144

your right westend and yeoj I dont think any of our 2a or 3a school could beat your almighty WB. I agree that you are probably the badest team in the area when comparing yourself to the rest of our weaker 4a schools (i dont mean that to disrespect any of them its just a fact that our normal 4a powerhouses are not up to par lately) all I was trying to say is when it come time for playoffs (kinda the old saying pickin on someone your own size) your gonna find out how bad your Bruins are.  I can say with great confidence when our 3a and 2a area schools get deep in the playoffs they will be able to match up against the best in the state and your Bruins will be buying tickets to 2a and 3a playoffs if they want to continue to watch high school football this season.

I am only responding to the thread.  i didn't start it.  it asked, "who would win head-to head without regards to size".  If you want to start a thread about who will go farthest, or who will win more games this year, fine.  Do it and quit whining.  But this thread is about who is best in this area and it seems that you are somehow insulted that most everyone believes thar Brook is much better than all the smaller teams in this area.  Get over it,            ::) ::)

Especially you Ryker,  You started this and now you want to talk about the size of the school.   

No team in this area could beat them as is...many of you'll have said you'll don't think any of our 4a teams can beat WOS you'll also say no 3a and no area 2a can beat wos...

So I guess the question is "Can WOS beat WB?"

Very doubtful that WO-S could beat WB, but I bet they could hang close to them for at least the 1st half.  Outside of WB, WO-S is the best in the area and probably Kirbyville or Newton behind them.  PNG and Nederland both struggled against Jasper in a scrimmage, but that was just a scrimmage.  In a game both would probably beat everyone else in the area with their superior size with exception of WB and WO-S.  Jasper will probably not win but 1 game before district but will be battle tested and be a real threat come playoff time.

So my rankings.

West Brook

WO-S

Dayton

PNG

Kirbyville

Newton

Jasper

Lumberton

Nederland

Maybe I said that wrong let me clarify...there's no chance IMO of WOS beating WB if they played.

Most games won vs. WO-S (only 14 teams have won more than once out of 67 different opponents)

1. 7 - Port Arthur Jefferson (7-9-1)

2. 7 - Vidor (7-15-0)

3. 6 - Port Neches-Groves (6-17-0)

4. 6 - Nederland (6-23-0)

5. 5 - Beaumont West Brook (5-5-0)

6. 5 - Jasper (5-17-0)

7. 4 - Beaumont French (4-5-0)

8. 4 - Bay City (4-8-0)

9(t). 3 - La Marque (3-1-0)

9(t). 3 - Houston C.E. King (3-1-0)

11. 3 - Beaumont Central (3-9-0)

12. 2 - Beaumont Ozen (2-2-0)

13. 2 - Silsbee (2-13-0)

14. 2 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville (2-22-0)

Historical data from www.texashsfootball.com

Based on the facts, WO-S and Beaumont West Brook are tied.  Supposing the two squads clashed head-to-head, you gotta give the nod to the Silver and Blue.  With Hooks and boys, how could you go against WO-S?

My pick:  WO-S (By a touchdown)

Guest WeedBegone

your right westend and yeoj I dont think any of our 2a or 3a school could beat your almighty WB. I agree that you are probably the badest team in the area when comparing yourself to the rest of our weaker 4a schools (i dont mean that to disrespect any of them its just a fact that our normal 4a powerhouses are not up to par lately) all I was trying to say is when it come time for playoffs (kinda the old saying pickin on someone your own size) your gonna find out how bad your Bruins are.  I can say with great confidence when our 3a and 2a area schools get deep in the playoffs they will be able to match up against the best in the state and your Bruins will be buying tickets to 2a and 3a playoffs if they want to continue to watch high school football this season.

First of all--WB pretty much has been successful in the play-offs finishing very high in the State.  They have gone 3+ deep in the last three years which is a respectable task.  Also, please be reminded that WB is 5A but they  have an enrollment of about 3 thousand students.  The larger 5A schools can get as high as 4500 students.  This being the case--WB has to play schools with a difference in enrollment that could equate to 1 or 2 A's.  Like Boxing, you have weight classes --up unto you get to the heavyweights, at that point it is Big A$$  and up.  ;D

Most games won vs. WO-S (only 14 teams have won more than once out of 67 different opponents)

1. 7 - Port Arthur Jefferson (7-9-1)

2. 7 - Vidor (7-15-0)

3. 6 - Port Neches-Groves (6-17-0)

4. 6 - Nederland (6-23-0)

5. 5 - Beaumont West Brook (5-5-0)

6. 5 - Jasper (5-17-0)

7. 4 - Beaumont French (4-5-0)

8. 4 - Bay City (4-8-0)

9(t). 3 - La Marque (3-1-0)

9(t). 3 - Houston C.E. King (3-1-0)

11. 3 - Beaumont Central (3-9-0)

12. 2 - Beaumont Ozen (2-2-0)

13. 2 - Silsbee (2-13-0)

14. 2 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville (2-22-0)

Historical data from www.texashsfootball.com

Based on the facts, WO-S and Beaumont West Brook are tied.  Supposing the two squads clashed head-to-head, you gotta give the nod to the Silver and Blue.  With Hooks and boys, how could you go against WO-S?

My pick:  WO-S (By a touchdown)

If WB played WOS, the Mustangs would get smoked period.  I doubt they would be able to keep it within 30 points.  The Bruins are too strong, especially this year.

As good as some think the small schools are, eventually the shear numbers of the big schools will begin to impose their will. If it was a one half game, things may turn out a little different.

WB (easily)

Dayton

WO-S

NED

PNG

K'ville

Jasper

Lumberton

Newton

Where does PAM fit in here?

• Member Statistics

Total Members