Highest Scoring Football Game

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the games I played in. Please don't laugh

1998 Sabine Pass 55 - High Island Jv. 0

2000 Westburry Christian 50 - Sabine Pass 0 (Their D1 tailback "Bird" lit us up.)

Lowest scoring game I was in.

1999 Sabine Pass 6 - Westburry Christian 0 ("Bird" was in school at the woodlands)

Highest Scoring Football Game

Just curious but what is the highest scoring football game (11 man) that you have been a part of?

I don't recall when or who they played, however when Gene Sharp coached at BH they scored over 100 points in a game and the other team never scored. My understanding is Gene would run the score up as high as he could. I'll try to find the details.

I think this may have been when Dan Hooks played for BH, but not sure.

I don't recall when or who they played' date=' however when Gene Sharp coached at BH they scored over 100 points in a game and the other team never scored. My understanding is Gene would run the score up as high as he could. I'll try to find the details.

I think this may have been when Dan Hooks played for BH, but not sure.[/quote']

Later than Hooks. Think it was 70 or 71

1984 LC-M beat Marine Military 77-0 on Homecoming. The Bears scored on the last play of the game. Backup QB calls the pass play in the huddle. Coach Ron Dupree had more class than to do something like that.

I do remember the coaches for Marine Military saying a few words after the game to the Bears coaches that I can't put on here.

There was one year when Reggie White played for Liberty they beat Stafford 63 to like 61 or something close.

Stafford also had an exceptional player playing QB that year.

I don't remember who he was though.

I think his Dad played for the Oilers or something.

It was suppose to be some kind out high scoring record.

I also watched Houston Madison play Northshore with Jody and BHFAN when VY played and the score was like 62 to 59.

It was not that neither the didn't have a defense it just was both theams had incredable offenses.

It was back in the mid-70s that Orangefield beat Kountze 99-0 ... and that was the final game for that head coach. It was mid-season and former head coach Ted Tate was called back into action after the head coach was fired after OF beat the crap out of the Lions.

And that was the start of the losing streak that put Kountze in the record books for a very long time.

I interviewed Coach Tate for a story in the Silsbee Bee football preview section and he said that the losing streak was one of the hardest times he's ever seen as a coach ... even though he was only head coach for a short time during that stretch.

Don Elliff was coach when Kountze beat Kirbyville in 1982 (I was a freshman in Kirbyville that year, by the way) ... Wally Whisenant kicked a field goal to end the streak. He was on the school board in Kountze until just recently.

• 6 months later...

It was back in the mid-70s that Orangefield beat Kountze 99-0 ... and that was the final game for that head coach. It was mid-season and former head coach Ted Tate was called back into action after the head coach was fired after OF beat the crap out of the Lions.

And that was the start of the losing streak that put Kountze in the record books for a very long time.

I interviewed Coach Tate for a story in the Silsbee Bee football preview section and he said that the losing streak was one of the hardest times he's ever seen as a coach ... even though he was only head coach for a short time during that stretch.

Don Elliff was coach when Kountze beat Kirbyville in 1982 (I was a freshman in Kirbyville that year, by the way) ... Wally Whisenant kicked a field goal to end the streak. He was on the school board in Kountze until just recently.

:o

Guest WBFan09

Overall score...

West Brook this last year had a few...

62-7 over Atascocita

56-41 over Port Arthur Memorial

57-31 over Pasedena Memorial

...THIS WAS ALL IN THE SAME YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder